Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

FF75 Headlight Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:28 PM

FF75 Headlight Install Pics

http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehost...jpg/?id=118564
http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehost...jpg/?id=118576
http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehost...jpg/?id=118583

Got my FF75 headlights installed, didnt have to dremel anything out, just took the stock stuff out and bolted the new ones in. (Those 5.5mm adjuster screws were a bitch to get out!)

Anyways, hope you guys like em and hopefully someone can use the pics to mount their own and ditch the crappy stock headlights!

How should I aim these? Where should I try to get the beam to go? Right now I only have the low and high beams in, I will be adding fogs later on though, gotta exchange them to get the actual fog version. THANKS!!
Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Re: FF75 Headlight Install Pics

Hey, great job Serene. Very clean install. They sure look better than the stock ones, don't they?

As far as aiming, it's kinda subjective and mostly trial and error. To start out if your driveway is flat, pull up about 25' away from your garage door or if that's not pratical, find a parking lot that is flat and level and park 25' away from the side of a building. Have the lows on and line them up so the center of the beam pattern is in line with the light itself (aimed straight ahead). This takes care of the horizontal aiming. Now for the vertical, you want the top of the hot spot or brightest part of the beam about even with the height of your headlights. With the driving beams I'm not real familiar because my Hella 90mm's have a very sharp cut-off on the beam -- read no light above this -- so I put this cut-off about an inch below the light height. The driving beams will probably have to be aimed a little lower so not to blind other drivers (too bad . . . ). Turn on the highbeams and aim their hotspots a bit higher than the lows, you want them lighting up the road, not the tree tops. Drive the car down an unlit road and see how ya like 'em. You'll have to find a happy medium between getting brighted alot and being able to see far enough ahead. Adjust, drive, readjust, drive, etc. I readjusted mine about 10 times before I was really happy and haven't touched them since.

Again, great job and enjoy being able to see at night!

Last edited by Z28Nut; 01-07-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:07 PM

those look great, the second and third pics arent loading for me, but judging by the first pic it looks like a very clean install. what watt bulbs did you end up using in them? were they a direct stock replacement sort of deal and did you have to wire anything up? very impressive looking
Old 01-08-2005, 09:16 PM

all the pictures work fine for me.

i just have the hella bulbs in them that came with them, 55W i think. You can use the stock wiring, I chose to use hellas relay setup cause I imagine I may get the 100W bulbs to light up the road better with the brights and fogs, the stock wiring is heavy though, so I could have just used that.

I just took all the stock headlight crap out, and drilled four holes after I mounted them up. No cutting, no nothing, totally reversible.

I suppose I could paint the bolts black, but it doesnt really matter to me
Old 01-08-2005, 10:29 PM

now i see the pictures, that looks a lot better than i thought up close.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Most the headlight talk happens in the Appearance Section. I'll move this there
Old 01-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Thanks Brent!
Old 01-09-2005, 11:28 PM

adjusted the lights, damn what a difference!!!

Adjusting is easy, especially if you take that center piece out of the headlight area. (between the 2 lights)
Old 01-10-2005, 06:54 AM

It looks like you installed yours EXACTLY like me (except I did paint my bolts black ).
I took out the little center piece as well.

Aiming is still somewhat a tedious task, but once you figure it out, it isn't so bad. I am also waiting to get my fogs installed. I still love my 1LE deletes, but I think I want fogs back now.

Nice install man.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:27 PM

maybe if I decide to put some higher wattage bulbs in the brights i'll paint them black
Old 01-11-2005, 10:43 PM

Serene do you have the measurements of where you drilled your holes for the Hellas? Thanks Claude
Old 01-12-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
Serene do you have the measurements of where you drilled your holes for the Hellas? Thanks Claude
Just get the lights lined up where they are about center of each section and drill your holes there. Use the brackets with the studs on them as a reference. Don't need exact measurements - just get it to where it fits nicely.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 AM

Thats all I did, make sure you have decent movement up and down, and a little bit rotating on the stud. Take the stud out to place them so you can get the bracket flush. I used washers to space it down cause there are ribs there that interfere. I can get measurements this weekend if you want.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:35 PM

How much did all those lights cost?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JAG05
How much did all those lights cost?

You can get FF75's on ebay pretty cheap I got a set of 2 for like 29 bucks shipped.

Quick Reply: FF75 Headlight Install Pics