2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2010 Camaro SS Pricing????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

2010 Camaro SS Pricing????

I am driving a 2006 Stang Gt for since Labor day of 2005.
Most Dealers were getting over MSRP but I found a dealer that sold be the car at INVOICE....
Now its time to look for my newest toy........
I was thinking of a 2009 Challenger RT Hemi,,,But the car will weigh like a BOAT Yukkkkkkkk
My friend is getting his 2008 Challenger for MSRP next week......
I was thinking maybe I would get the 2008 Shelby,,They have been selling over MSRP,,,but now i see many dealers are selling the car at MSRP or Lower.
Now I have been seeing the 2010 Camaro SS V8,And it does look like a hot car.But if they think they are going to JERK the people around like Ford and Dodge are trying I will stick with the 2010,2011 Stang Gt with their newest engine at 350-400HP and will get the car at Invoice........

If dealers really think people are going to pay MSRP or OVER they are nuts.
Gas prices will be at $5 PLUS a gallon very soon,maybe in the next few weeks....
I am sure there will be many Mustangs,Challengers and even Camaro on dealers lots for a very long time.
With the economy being exported to China.
I am sure we will be able to get the cars at INVOICE........
I am already reading where dealers are taking Invoice or a tad over for their 2009 challengers that will be coming out in sept.
Look at GM they Closed this week 4 plants this week and their stock is the lowest since the early 70s at $17 a share.......
Old 06-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyTuinals
Most Dealers were getting over MSRP but I found a dealer that sold be the car at INVOICE....
I was thinking of a 2009 Challenger RT Hemi,,,But the car will weigh like a BOAT Yukkkkkkkk
I was thinking maybe I would get the 2008 Shelby,,They have been selling over MSRP,,,but now i see many dealers are selling the car at MSRP or Lower.
Now I have been seeing the 2010 Camaro SS V8,And it does look like a hot car.But if they think they are going to JERK the people around like Ford and Dodge are trying I will stick with the 2010,2011 Stang Gt with their newest engine at 350-400HP and will get the car at Invoice........

Gas prices will be at $5 PLUS a gallon very soon,maybe in the next few weeks....
I am sure there will be many Mustangs,Challengers and even Camaro on dealers lots for a very long time.
I am already reading where dealers are taking Invoice or a tad over for their 2009 challengers that will be coming out in sept.
Look at GM they Closed this week 4 plants this week and their stock is the lowest since the early 70s at $17 a share.......
huh?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:01 AM

Im sure theyre going to mark up the same way the Ford dealers do like in 05. My Guess SS somewhere around 380-420 hp for about 500 give or take from GT $ If you can deal with ford dealer gouging why cant you do the same thing to deal with a Chevy dealership gouging.

its the early 70s all over again. Complete with artificial oil crisis, and regulations choking and killing our car.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 06-09-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Schismblade
huh?
QFT.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

Nope I would go with the Camaro SS if the price will be what I paid for my 2006 Stang GT(Invoice}
To me I am starting to get tired of the Stang look(but the shelby looks good}
The Challenger looks ok but it weighs like a boat.
I am sure Gas prices will hit $5 before july 4th.
You will never see gas prices under $4 anymore,thats the way it is.
Too me I think we will be able to pick whatever car we want at invoice
unless you let the dealer screw you.......
Back in 2005 when Ford was screwing most,people were paying about $2.50 a gallon of gas.
We will see what happens in the next six months
Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Nope I would go with the Camaro SS if the price will be what I paid for my 2006 Stang GT(Invoice}
Back in 2005 when Ford was screwing most,people were paying about $2.50 a gallon of gas.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 AM

Sounds like you have it all figured out.

You wont see too many Camaros and Challengers at invoice for a while (maybe mustangs), the demand will be there. Keep in mind that the Camaro's of the 70's sold HUGE #'s...and the 70's were really bad gas years too. Those of us who drive SUV's everyday will actually get better MPG in our Camaro's. The V6's will be decent on gas and a good amount of the V8's sold will probably be weekend cars (and won't be "that" bad on gas anyway).

And the mindset of "will never see gas prices under $4 anymore" is media-driven-sky-is-falling-paranoia and helps drive prices higher. I don't want to start a political discussion...but here's a good read with some common sense...http://biz.yahoo.com/hftn/080606/060...tune.html?.v=3

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-10-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK

You wont see too many Camaros and Challengers at invoice for a while (maybe mustangs), the demand will be there. Keep in mind that the Camaro's of the 70's sold HUGE #'s...and the 70's were really bad gas years too. Those of us who drive SUV's everyday will actually get better MPG in our Camaro's. The V6's will be decent on gas and a good amount of the V8's sold will probably be weekend cars (and won't be "that" bad on gas anyway).

And the mindset of "will never see gas prices under $4 anymore" is media-driven-sky-is-falling-paranoia and helps drive prices higher. I don't want to start a political discussion...but here's a good read with some common sense...http://biz.yahoo.com/hftn/080606/060...tune.html?.v=3
Wow, refreshing common sense. Thank You!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 8Banger
Wow, refreshing common sense. Thank You!

your welcome...that's me...the voice of reason!

my last "fun car" got 1 gallon per mile (see my sig), so I can't wait for my camaro!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 PM

I agree - you just have to look around. Most people are willing to spend an extra 1-3 months of work because they'll be "financing" it and are getting ripped off slowly - just be patient and laugh at them. Dealers are usually an ignorant breed - they think they're entitled to your money but you're not entitled to a good deal. I laugh at them when they try to negotiate on their terms - it's either they get MY money or they don't - I'd LIKE their car, but I'd rather see them starve than give them money for being deceptive middlemen (I'm not saying they all are - but a lot are!). As the buyer, there's always another place you can go and another deal to be negotiated... just remember, they NEED your money, you don't NEED their car.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM

And I don't think gas prices will hit $5 any time soon - if you look at the futures trading and all of the news over what's going on about it, we're more likely to see $3.25 before $5.00... unless something crazy happens!

EDIT: and this just in... Oil drops more than $3 - second-straight decline - as dollar toughens up and a report indicates OPEC has increased output. More soon

Last edited by AlexBarabas; 06-10-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK

Good article
Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

Well it takes about 3 weeks before gas prices go up.
Gas prices hit a New Record last week and we will see what the gas prices will be within 2 weeks from now.(yep I also invest lol}
Israel said that they will Bomb Iran if they don't stop building a nuclear bomb.(yea know Iran will not stop}
That means gas prices will be at least $10 if that happens.

Back to Cars
Its funny I have bought many new autos every 2 or 3 years and I have never
seen that same person I delt with before.I wonder why?Maybe they went into something better like a real job.

I am sure there are many DEALERS on this site typing to HYPE the Camaro.
To me you will see Ford,Dodge and GM making many V8s within the next year.
And I am sure you will see many on the dealer lots just sitting there.
Its funny dealers are taking orders on the 2009 Challengers for Invoice and we have ford that always will take invoice.
Now you really think GM will hold out for MSRP or MORE????Naaaaa I think notttttttt.
I will look and take my time buying a Camaro SS
Cash talks
There are at least 50 or more Chevy dealers within 1 hour from me.(New Jersery area}
If one dealer does not want to deal with my Invoice price then there will and I am sure there will be many that will take invoice or near it......
Yep all Salespeople are not bad,but the other 90% I would never trust them...Jt