2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Any idea if a HUD is available for Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Re: Any idea if a HUD is available for Camaro?

I would DEFINEATELY get a HUD. I've missed it ever since I got rid of the vette.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM

Expect it

Possibly standard?

I love it on my GTP

Last edited by stars1010; 09-08-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:19 PM

I would definitly get one. I always thought they were bad ***!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:47 AM

I had one on my '04 SSE Bonneville. I wish I had one on my '94 Z28. If the new cars come with one, I will opt for it if I can afford it. No question about it.

I've always wondered why they weren't more widespread.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:00 AM

i would love it, but i know someone who had to replace a windshield in a grand prix with HUD, and it was like WAY more expensive since it had it. i guess they use different windshields?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:16 AM

With some of the options being wished for around here, I sure hope GM doesn't load up the new Camaro with standard options (like the 4th Gen Trans Am, for example), otherwise the price is going to be through the roof. I think if you want nav, HUD, heated/cooled seats, dual zone electronic climate control, all wheel drive, hard top convertible, etc. etc. etc. you had better be prepared to pay for all of that. If we want to see an affordable Camaro, the wish list had better get significantly trimmed. If the car is going to come in roughly comparable to the Mustang, most/all of that stuff is going to remain fantasy. I think the Camaro (features wise) is going to be very similar to the Mustang GT, with perhaps a rare (and significantly more expensive) model similar to the GT500. The car should remain true to its roots, be simple, powerful, and most of all affordable. Not some kind of pseudo Cadillac. I'm happy the Camaro will finally get a modern rear suspension, an easy to work on engine bay, a usable trunk, and a roomy interior. All the other luxury stuff just adds weight, and is very likely to make the car so expensive, the masses won't be able to afford it.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
i would love it, but i know someone who had to replace a windshield in a grand prix with HUD, and it was like WAY more expensive since it had it. i guess they use different windshields?
Yes they do and if you have to replace the HUD unit out of warranty i think it is like over $1000. I used to not be a fan of HUD, but the 2000 GTP i once had came with it. I did not like it at first, but after awhile I really did.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick Davies
With some of the options being wished for around here, I sure hope GM doesn't load up the new Camaro with standard options (like the 4th Gen Trans Am, for example), otherwise the price is going to be through the roof. I think if you want nav, HUD, heated/cooled seats, dual zone electronic climate control, all wheel drive, hard top convertible, etc. etc. etc. you had better be prepared to pay for all of that. If we want to see an affordable Camaro, the wish list had better get significantly trimmed. If the car is going to come in roughly comparable to the Mustang, most/all of that stuff is going to remain fantasy. I think the Camaro (features wise) is going to be very similar to the Mustang GT, with perhaps a rare (and significantly more expensive) model similar to the GT500. The car should remain true to its roots, be simple, powerful, and most of all affordable. Not some kind of pseudo Cadillac. I'm happy the Camaro will finally get a modern rear suspension, an easy to work on engine bay, a usable trunk, and a roomy interior. All the other luxury stuff just adds weight, and is very likely to make the car so expensive, the masses won't be able to afford it.
i agree you guys want to many luxuary iteams standard and if gms listens to you and they build it you guys are gona be in some reall sticker shock. i mean i dont know about most of you and i bet a large majority of people wont admit this but i cant afford a fully loaded v8.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 PM

I think if you want nav, HUD, heated/cooled seats, dual zone electronic climate control, all wheel drive, hard top convertible, etc. etc. etc. you had better be prepared to pay for all of that. If we want to see an affordable Camaro, the wish list had better get significantly trimmed. If the car is going to come in roughly comparable to the Mustang, most/all of that stuff is going to remain fantasy. I think the Camaro (features wise) is going to be very similar to the Mustang GT, with perhaps a rare (and significantly more expensive) model similar to the GT500. The car should remain true to its roots, be simple, powerful, and most of all affordable.
That is why they are called options right.... ? Point well said. Me personally, I don't mind paying for the HUD or whatever...If I want it and it is available then I will pay for it...no problem, as this will not be my daily driver. But others will use this car as a daily driver and will not want to pay for all the expensive stuff. I started this thread as a discussion on the availability of the HUD. Options are great for everyone. GM makes money, you get extra bells and whistles but the drawback is if you order it you gotta pay....

anyhow I think you post is right on the mark
Old 09-10-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Girly vs. Practical. If there was ever any proof that the Mustang is a chick car...it's that.
Ya it sounds girly... but I bet 95% of men, including me, would use it.