2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Anyone else notice the new wheels on the Bumble Bee?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Find out the shoot schedule and I'll get some real pics, they're in my backyard in Philly, or so it seems.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM

They were shooting at the Air and Space museum last weekend in DC. Had I known, I would've gone up and checked it out. Bumblebee was there, according to some of the pictures I've found.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Correct. They mimick the Camaro convertible concept wheels. Which proves what?
I said they were different from the first Bumble Bee and you said they looked the same.

It proves that already your first observation was incorrect and you missed my point again.

Time to move on and not waste anyone elses time here.

Lets hear from the others on their thoughts.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Anyone noticed the bottom of the grille opening is blacked out?? I was hoping that an a/m company would produce a decal to black out the bottom and sides of the grille opening as sometimes the opening seems small because, I guess, they want less drag. Blacking that area out would also make the grille and headlamps harder to see, giving the area more of the '67/'68 RS look, in a way.

I love that chin spoiler blacked out like that, but they should leave the bottom of the lower grille connected with color. IThe blacked out chin reminds me of the big DubCity R/C car from Wal-Mart The fog inlet area is retarded. The wheels looks pretty nice from the side view in the pic, but it looks like just another variation of the Monte Carlo/Impala/CobaltSS(blown, not hair dried) one's. I hope the production ones have some nice options with rims that have some DETAIL to them.

Last edited by F1GT; 06-11-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by F1GT
Anyone noticed the bottom of the grille opening is blacked out?? I was hoping that an a/m company would produce a decal to black out the bottom and sides of the grille opening as sometimes the opening seems small because, I guess, they want less drag. Blacking that area out would also make the grille and headlamps harder to see, giving the area more of the '67/'68 RS look, in a way.

I love that chin spoiler blacked out like that, but they should leave the bottom of the lower grille connected with color. IThe blacked out chin reminds me of the big DubCity R/C car from Wal-Mart The fog inlet area is retarded. The wheels looks pretty nice from the side view in the pic, but it looks like just another variation of the Monte Carlo/Impala/CobaltSS(blown, not hair dried) one's. I hope the production ones have some nice options with rims that have some DETAIL to them.
The front lip is to save the front end when you hit the wall!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 AM

Notice the red Bowtie.

The hood scoop is cool, but I'm not so sure about the blacked-out foglight area. The front lip is kind of cool too. The wheels look horrible.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:16 AM

It would seem that someone spent some time at HSV and adopted one of their worst styling cues with those blacked out fog panels. I love what HSV does, but that styling trait stinks generally - even moreso on the Camaro.

Like the scoop though.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 AM

I have no great knowledge of Transformer history, but doesn't Bumblebee have some sort of evil twin? Could a good number of the styling changes be a result of this being a Decepticon....
-Black intake
-Black stripes (nothing similar on any spy shots)
-Dark inserts on the rims
-Dark Red Bowtie

Just a thought... but, I definitely think the hood scoop could be production spec
Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by skorpion317

Notice the red Bowtie.

The hood scoop is cool, but I'm not so sure about the blacked-out foglight area. The front lip is kind of cool too. The wheels look horrible.
Nice I was just about to post that picture! I think it looks pretty good. I would drive it!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Noth'nLikeaSmBlock
I have no great knowledge of Transformer history, but doesn't Bumblebee have some sort of evil twin? Could a good number of the styling changes be a result of this being a Decepticon....
-Black intake
-Black stripes (nothing similar on any spy shots)
-Dark inserts on the rims
-Dark Red Bowtie

Just a thought... but, I definitely think the hood scoop could be production spec

Nah, BB doesn't have an evil Twin.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:18 AM

http://bp0.blogger.com/_G96gxvrHqrE/...aurelHill7.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_G96gxvrHqrE/...aurelHill9.jpg
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 AM

Wow! That thing looks great!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by skorpion317

Notice the red Bowtie.
Man, I would love it if the red bowtie returned for performance models. I don't mind the gold at all for standard stuff, but that looks so good and sets it apart.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MegatronWP38
Nah, BB doesn't have an evil Twin.
Thanks for setting me straight on that... I had picked that up on another site discussing the filming...

Wish I could make time to head over to the filming site
Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 AM

The rear lip spoiler looks larger in that picture. Looks good!

Quick Reply: Anyone else notice the new wheels on the Bumble Bee?