2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro gona be like the GTO?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:43 PM

Camaro gona be like the GTO?????

So othe first year of the GTO came out with the 300HP LS1. Then the very next year, it has a 400HP LS2. Now if i were to get the first model year GTO i would have been pissed. So do we think the same will happen with the Camaro? Will there be only a top model 400HP LS2 the first year and then something better to come? This is the only thing holding me back from trading in my C5 the day the Camaro hits my local chevy dealership. So what say you guys.

Holla
Old 03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Camaro gona be like the GTO?????

Show me when a car hasn't increased in one way or another as time goes on. Not many that I can think of.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 PM

Very good things will come over the years of the 5th gen
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 PM

Ya but 100HP and a whole new motor, you have to admit that kinda sucks for the people that had the first year GTO. Look back. 1993-1997 LT1 1998-2002. About the same motor. I can not think of a car that has came out one year, then got a 100HP face lift in the next.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM

i agree that good things will come, and i can not wait, but....should i wait? Will the second year come with 100More hp? i would hate to see this happen
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 PM

I am shcoked no one caught this.

The first year GTO had 350hp! Not 300

As for swithcing the LS2--well they had to do it. Nothing else was using it anymore. And the 6.0L LS2 wasn't ready.

Typically an engine will be with a car for several years before its replaced with something newer. It just worked out that way with the GTO
Old 03-29-2006, 08:16 PM

But oddly enough, didn't the Monaro continue with the LS1 until the end of its run?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:17 PM

hmm good point, but with that being said, i wonder if the LS2 is going to be old news. Will the camaro have the LS2 for one year only to have that motor "out dated" then given something fresh and new the next year.?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Killaz
Ya but 100HP and a whole new motor, you have to admit that kinda sucks for the people that had the first year GTO. Look back. 1993-1997 LT1 1998-2002. About the same motor. I can not think of a car that has came out one year, then got a 100HP face lift in the next.
No, not really. Everyone knew that the next year GTO was going to have the LS2 and scoops almost as soon as the 1st few '04s were sold.

1st year buyers just have to have the 1st year car. These guys are putting up with long waits, bugs that have to be worked out, and on top of that, serious scalping from dealers. People who buy 1st year anything are either swept up in the craze, trend setters, or hard core believers.

Everyone knows that 2nd or 3rd years cars tend to be better and have better stuff.

If you own a C5, then you aren't going to be bothered too much or worry whether or not the top Camaro comes out the 1st or 2nd year (especially when we are talking 3 years or so into the future), so why worry about it?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 PM

so would it be safe to assume that the second or third year camaro will come out with a better motor? Im also assuming the new camaro will be able to keep up with my stock C5. For me its mostly about the looks and the power, i really could care less about all the other stuff. If everyone new the second year GTO would have the LS2, would it be safe to assume that GM will release the same news for any future Camaro?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:41 PM

Im in the same boat that killa is in, i wanna get it right when it come out but i dont wanna get screwed and the next year or to have more power, If gm is gunna give us the camaro back we should get it back they way its gunna be setup like the lt1's and the ls1's were, they got there motors for like 4 years. I just dont want any suprises.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:43 PM

and a side note the LS1 was used in the 2005 Monaros if im not mistaken
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Future 5thgen owner
Im in the same boat that killa is in, i wanna get it right when it come out but i dont wanna get screwed and the next year or to have more power, If gm is gunna give us the camaro back we should get it back they way its gunna be setup like the lt1's and the ls1's were, they got there motors for like 4 years. I just dont want any suprises.
What he said. I concur.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 PM

i agree with killa, but also in a different aspect whats to say that the 1st through 4th year are gonna all be different? which one do you buy? how long do you wait until you get the right one?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:47 PM

My advice to anyone who in buying a new car is being worried about what engine might come out the year after they buy is to simply not buy any new car...... ever. Not chastizing anyone here, but my goodness!!!

If a car comes out and you really like it, buy it. If it has more power or a different engine or a nicer shade of paint, so what? Cars are going to be continuously improved. More power, better transmissions, changes in gears, better quality or materials. Each year is going to strive to be better (and sometimes alot more powerful) than the year before. Buy what you want. Trade later if you want.

People who bought a 2005 300 horse Mustang GT aren't losing sleep because there's a 475 horse Shelby coming out a few months from now, & a Z06 buyer isn't going to jump off a cliff because an even more powerful Corvette comes out next year.

I haven't met a single person who bought a 2004 GTO irked because the 2005 had more horses. Everyone seems to like or even love the car for it's own worth. That's what it's really all about.

Quick Reply: Camaro gona be like the GTO?????