2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:42 AM

Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger.

Did you ever think you would see that again.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 AM

Re: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger.

Well the Challenger caught me a bit by surprise a year ago.......but I always had a feeling the Bowtie and Blue Oval pony cars would line up again.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:49 AM

with the mustangs success and the camaros entry, it would have been stupid for chrysler to just sit back and not get involved.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 AM

Camro vs. Mustang
Challenger vs. GTO

That's what I understood it to be.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 PM

I've been SO looking forward to owning the new Camaro, but I have to say something that might be shocking. Until a week ago, there was absolutely NO doubt that my next car would be the new Camaro. Then we bought a new Charger/Daytona for my wife. I love that car. ChryslerDX has totally nailed a great car. And with that in mind, I now look at the Challenger with a whole new appreciation. Only because I love to drive the Charger so much. And the Challenger can't be far from it. Am I crazy? I've ALWAYS been an f-body man. I need help. Come 2009, I'm getting a new car. But I'm suddenly torn.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
Did you ever think you would see that again.
Mustang?
As long as there's a Ford Motor Company, there will probally be a Mustang. As long as there's no more lapses in judgement like happened in the 80s (the Ford Probe was originally the new Mustang). 5 years on a Mustang body is actually pretty long by today's standards.

Challenger?
I knew and mentioned that Dodge was working on plans for a RWD performance coupe back in 2003. It was still in the "brainstorming" phase, but it was on the radar.

Camaro?
The 5th Camaro has been in digestation since the late 90s. early design proposals ended up on both Nomad-1 and the Belair. Nomad (minus the wagonback) was much like what the original 5th gen would have looked like. The Saturn Curve concept also started out as another approach to a new Camaro. It's all been about GM finding the right chassis and having enough money to do it.

...... but you're right. It IS cool they are all showing up at the same time!

BTW: It's going to be more like how Firehawk describes it. Mustang/Camaro, Challenger/GTO.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:06 PM

[duck for cover]BTW, this should be in the lounge, LOL.[/duck]
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Camaro?
The 5th Camaro has been in digestation since the late 90s. early design proposals ended up on both Nomad-1...
Man you can really see the F5 front facia in the Nomad-1! Also, the side charcter lines are straight from a '69, I wonder why they didn't make it onto the F5 Concept?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM

I never imagined that we'd see these three cars, all so clearly hearkening back to their '60's/70's glory, all on the road again as newer versions of what they once were. Especially not all at the same time! It's exciting, that's for sure, along with the new GTO, makes me proud to be a fan of American Iron all over again. I grew up post Muscle car era, but always wished I was part of it....now we all get to relive it, at least part of it!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM

Yep, its like the good old days. Three of the big names all duking it out again for street supremacy.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Yep, its like the good old days. Three of the big names all duking it out again for street supremacy.
(Ahem) Gas prices are way different now!

Old 08-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bert02SS
(Ahem) Gas prices are way different now!
Maybe it will balance out, this breed of cars will get better mpgs then those in the past.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Camro vs. Mustang
Challenger vs. GTO

That's what I understood it to be.
This is going to be great!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Thumbs up Re: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger.

Mustang?
As long as there's a Ford Motor Company, there will probally be a Mustang. Challenger?

I knew and mentioned that Dodge was working on plans for a RWD performance coupe back in 2003. It was still in the "brainstorming" phase, but it was on the radar.

Camaro?
The 5th Camaro has been in digestation since the late 90s. early design proposals ended up on both Nomad-1 and the Belair. Nomad (minus the wagonback) was much like what the original 5th gen would have looked like. The Saturn Curve concept also started out as another approach to a new Camaro. It's all been about GM finding the right chassis and having enough money to do it.

...... but you're right. It IS cool they are all showing up at the same time!

BTW: It's going to be more like how Firehawk describes it. Mustang/Camaro, Challenger/GTO.
I didn't mean no mustang, just that these 3 would be reinvented and be competitors again.

Yes there have been rumors around for quite some time, but witht the shape of our American auto industry, nothing was a given.

Mustang/Camaro, Challenger/GTO Well I have to agree, quite honestly I forget about another gto as you don't hear anything about it..........

I certianly is good to have product to be excited about instead of boring *** crossovers, g-xxx garbage, 7000lb tanks ect.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:00 PM

It evolved to look alot like the car in Chris Pauwel's drawing (according to rumor). When it was finally ready to go to concept, Rick Wagoner sent it back to design last year with the instruction to push the envelop.

[IMG]1999/1999-Chevrolet-Nomad-Concept-FA-study-1024x768.jpg[/IMG]
I would say the envelope was pushed, burned and throw out the window

Quick Reply: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger.