2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro vs. Sky

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:44 AM

Re: Camaro vs. Sky

I've thought of keeping my Camaro and buying a Sky redline, or Solstace GXP. I will always need a muscle car of some kind in the garage.

I've never been a fan of any of the turbo 4 cylinder engine though. I like displacement, and the turbo 4's require gearing that typically hurt them for fuel economy so they suffer in fuel economy for the amount of power they put out in my opinion. I like the fact that you can put the 8 cylinder in 6th gear at 1500 rpm and cruise the highways/interstate. Plus it's less wear and tear on the accessories, all the time.

Dan

Last edited by stereomandan; 08-05-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by JB'z94
we know all about it... we are prepared for everything. Madman should be releasing their rear end for it within a year or 2...
Hopefully he should be done with it soon, they're just waiting on stronger axles. If you haven't already done so you should check out CTS-V forum

Last edited by JonCR96Z; 08-05-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Hopefully he should be done with it soon, they're just waiting on stronger axles. If you haven't already done so you should check out CTS-V forum
my brother visits there quite often

we actually have the car we are looking to buy outside right now, guy gave it to us for a test drive for the weekend.

we are going to try to get it for $30k....

anyway, sorry to steal the thread, thanks for your help though JonCR96z
Old 08-05-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by JB'z 94
we actually have the car we are looking to buy outside right now, guy gave it to us for a test drive for the weekend.
I'd like to know how some people manage that. I've NEVER been given the option to take a car for the weekend Nor have my parents or friends. Or anyone I know for that matter.

And, with the exception of my most recent looking into a new vehicle, I've always purchased them on a Saturday.

It's bad enough some dealers have to ride in the car with you on a test drive. I've only found 2 that would allow someone to test drive the car alone/where you want to. (1 Chevy 1 NIssan) When I mentioned to one Chevy dealer that another local dealer allows you to take the car by yourself they seemed absolutely shocked a dealership would allow such a thing and said 'they must have a really good insurance policy'.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:19 PM

If no new Camaros are ready by '09, I might opt for a Mustang instead. Simply put, the car needs to have a back seat. Even as a single guy, there are times when I need to transport more than one passenger.

That said, I like the Solstace and the Sky... they're just not what I'm looking for.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:40 PM

EllwynX -

its a private party seller. salesman here always ride with you, but lower population=them not caring how fast or how hard you push a vehicle.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JB'z 94
EllwynX -

its a private party seller. salesman here always ride with you, but lower population=them not caring how fast or how hard you push a vehicle.
I've actually heard of the rare person that was allowed to take the car for a weekend even when it was from a dealer. I've never understood how they managed that was all. LOL I'd like to try out the car for the weekend before I make a final decision.

I hate having the dealer ride with me. I don't beat on the car if they don't. But I can choose what roads to test it on, and can get a better feel for it when I don't have someone looking over my shoulder.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:54 AM

Interesting responses. I am aware that we are talking about two different types of cars in true form, but really they aren't that far apart from a driver's car sense. Both are performance oriented and represent great bang for the buck. I tought I'd ask relative to the fact that some may not be able to wait, or they may not be able to afford the car and insurance on the Camaro(V8) vs SolsticeGXP/Sky Redline(T I-4). Hopefully we get some indication if may of us wait, or go after something else soon.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
I know I'm gonna sound like a pri*k, but this is ridiculous bordering on dumb.

...rant...

But upon reading the heading: "Camaro vs Sky" (my reaction: ), then seeing the opening post ask who's gonna buy a Sky to hold them over till Camaro arrives (my reaction: "this guy simply can't be serious...), either there's alot of millionaires stopping by the site, or the reality quotent is starting to dip quite a bit around here.
I guess that's one way to look at it. But if you're a GM die-hard, interested in buying a new (affordable) car, want something sporty and rwd, and aren't hamstrung by driving a two-seater--why is considering a Solstice/Sky and being a potential 5th gen owner later so inconceivable?

A new Camaro may be available in MY08 (late) or MY09 at the earliest and there's the possibility that some like to skip a first year car (there may even be a staggered model introduction--different V8s, convertible, etc. in second year--now you're talking MY09/10/11), so I'm sure many on here may be or already are "filling time" until a new Camaro. I imagine many people in this "enthusiast" community swap out cars every 3-5 years anyways. Besides, if you think someone eyeing a Sky and liking Camaros is that crazy, hit the <-Back button on your browser.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I figure my 1995 Z28 will do until then... if not... I can always drive my 1967 Camaro.

I so hate you

But seriously yea i do agree. I think the cobalt will hold down the fort until i can get some positive equity on it for a trade in.