2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaros in Guelph Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Camaros in Guelph Ontario

Hi all, I have been lurking here since those first spy shots of the concept were released a few years ago and I never really got around to registering.

I just got a phone call from my Dad who is stuck in traffic on the highway on his was back from Guelph. He called me to tell me that while he was sitting there he saw a truckload of new Camaro's pass him on the other side of the highway. He also said that there were number of trucks with Impalas as well.

Now I actually go to university in Guelph and I can tell you for sure that there is a GM facility out there with a few huge lots filled with vehicles made in Oshawa. The fences around the facility are not covered and so I'm sure that anybody out there with a half decent camera could get some good pictures of the cars.

I asked him about colours and he said he wasn't sure. When he gets home I will be showing him pictures of the various headlights to try and get an idea what these ones had. I will now be keeping a camera in the car at the ready because I live about 20 min away from Oshawa and so there is a chance that I could catch any more cars that are on their way to Guelph.

Cheers
Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Welcome to CZ28 and cool info on the cars.
Sounds like more test runs in Oshawa. Isnt it a bit early to have test runs of a car that wontbe bout for another 8 months?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Welcome to CZ28 and cool info on the cars.
Sounds like more test runs in Oshawa. Isnt it a bit early to have test runs of a car that wontbe bout for another 8 months?
Nope, not if you want the car to be right in all aspect. Maybe they are testing a 4 cylinder in it?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Good to have you aboard on the Camaroz28.com website. This news sounds encouraging. I just cant wait till Indy and see the pictures of the Production Camaro's. Even though i wont , i will be anxiously waiting for pics. Anyways, hope you have some pics to display later on.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 AM

What's in Guelph?!

There is an engine facility in St. Catherine's, but that's not exactly close to Guelph! I'm just curious what they'd be doing with a truck load of Camaros down there? Heck, I haven't even seen anything in town here yet! (although I haven't exactly been lurking around the plant either ..... apparently from time to time there is a Camaro to be seen roaming around the lot? ).

On a semi-related note, I did see a new Challenger on the 401 about ~a week or two ago! Pretty hard to mistake that car! Esp. in the orange color that the concept wore. Caught me off guard, and I had no time to snap a pic, as it was going the other way.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
What's in Guelph?!

There is an engine facility in St. Catherine's, but that's not exactly close to Guelph! I'm just curious what they'd be doing with a truck load of Camaros down there? Heck, I haven't even seen anything in town here yet! (although I haven't exactly been lurking around the plant either ..... apparently from time to time there is a Camaro to be seen roaming around the lot? ).

On a semi-related note, I did see a new Challenger on the 401 about ~a week or two ago! Pretty hard to mistake that car! Esp. in the orange color that the concept wore. Caught me off guard, and I had no time to snap a pic, as it was going the other way.
I've never seen any test vehicles in St.Catharines, as yeah it's only an engines/components plant(s)

Guelph have a test area? I can't see them storing cars on the hold lot though, they aren't in production. Hold lots are for vehicles being shipped to dealers.

Sure they weren't a bunch of Challengers?
Dodge has a bunch of hold lots around here (one being near Alliston/Barrie)

And Guelph isn't THAT far
30-40 min from Hamilton
Old 06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Cool news!

I have a friend that lives in Guelph.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM

First off, I don't think there would be a truckload of new Camaros.
From what we've seen, they move them in groups of 2 or 3 with other cars on the hauler.

Secondly, isn't Chrysler's Brampton plant kind of near Guelph? I used to live in CNY and went to school in Detroit for a while. and I remember seeing truckload after truckload of LHs on the 405.

So my guess is that the father saw a truckload of new Challengers. They're built at the Brampton plant, shipped along the 405, and are just now reaching dealerships.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Distance between Brampton and Guelph is about 65km

They used to store cars in Barrie (100km from Brampton) too at the old Molson plant until they found out there was a pot grow op inside.
hahah
Old 06-06-2008, 08:51 AM

That's probably what it was. A truck load of Challengers headed wherever they're headed, and the truck loads of Impalas may be headed to the hold lots they have in the area.

Poor old guy, probably needs to get his eyes checked!!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:33 AM

Hi all, it was probably a car hauler full of Challengers which are made in Brampton which is near Guelph. Our lunch room at work faces the 401 and not a day goes by where I don't see at least 2 car haulers full of black, orange and silver Challengers heading towards Detroit, it is a nice site but I can't wait to see these haulers full of Camaros, this time next year eh! There is a depot for these haulers, must be for paper work to cross the border, just down the road from where I work, I should really stop by with my camera and take a few shots. My 5 year old son really wants a Challenger after he saw the Motor Week show test drive one and doing burn outs, I told him we will hold off until the new Camaro comes out, hopefully he can wait that long

Colin
Old 06-15-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Heck, I haven't even seen anything in town here yet! (although I haven't exactly been lurking around the plant either ..... apparently from time to time there is a Camaro to be seen roaming around the lot? ).

we need to hang out by the plant more often....
Old 06-15-2008, 08:24 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I can assure you that they weren't Camaros.

It COULD have been Challengers and Impalas on the same truck -- carriers no longer are required to keep a trailer dedicated to one manufacturer.