2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 PM

Re: CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!

Originally Posted by EllwynX
You sure it's the headlights extending over? It could be clear lenses over amber bulbs rather then the 'angel' ones from the concept. That would fit in with the popularity of clear signal lenses.
No Im not sure. Good point...
Old 05-31-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
what post did they say it was a mustang??

and are the stang boards following this??
Smackin myself in the **** right now. Thought the post you made was from the other site, not realizing it was you that said it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...&postcount=122
Old 05-31-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by eagleknight97
just cuz we cant see the rotors doesnt mean they arent there. Those look to be the concept sized wheels, even if they are just steel wheels or something with concept hubcaps, which would mean that lots of brake rotors would look very small compared to those wheels.
Well OBVIOUSLY the car has brake rotors, but also as obvious is that the visible rotors do not have accompanying calipers, which can only mean the rotors you can see aren't the functional ones. Therefore, those are most likely hubcaps all the way around, just as was mentioned by someone else. That was my only point.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
Well OBVIOUSLY the car has brake rotors, but also as obvious is that the visible rotors do not have accompanying calipers, which can only mean the rotors you can see aren't the functional ones. Therefore, those are most likely hubcaps all the way around, just as was mentioned by someone else. That was my only point.
Thats not as OBVIOUS as you may think. In another thread someone said it was probably just a rolling chassis, therefore, no need for brake calipers. But whatever, im just happy to see the car!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
My guess is this is a tube framed custom build by Saleen or a body on top of another car and NOT another concept and NOT a pre-production mule.

1. The concept cost mega dollars to make. If GM made another one it would have been on the show ciruit and they for damn sure wouldn't loan it out to a movie company.

2. The dimensions on the roofline are even lower than the concept. We pretty much know the production roofline will have to be taller than the concept.

3. The wheels look completely different than the concept...shallower and smaller tires too. Something doesn't look right, particularly with the fake rear rotor. That's definitely not production or even pre-production.

My guess is that somehow GM agreed to let Saleen use the molds they used for the silver and red concepts to create body panels to fit over an existing chassis to build this car.

Why else would Saleen be involved if not creating this car from nothing?

Its still extremely good news that GM wants this car in the movie.
Also, the exterior door handles don't appear functional.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 PM

close up of wheel

close up of wheel

Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM

hubcap
Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
Smackin myself in the **** right now. Thought the post you made was from the other site, not realizing it was you that said it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...&postcount=122
\
Thanks, and till I see otherwise Im am betting that its made from a Mustang...Im betting that, or they actually have a running car here from GM..
or third they use a 1st gen body???
Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM

???

Why would they waste the time putting a 5th gen interior into a Mustang???

If it is going to be used in the movie, they will need multiple copies as well. One is not going to do it, so it may be built on donor cars after all.

I am hoping for a secret Camaro plant though.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:02 PM

Re: ???

Originally Posted by Jeepnreb
Why would they waste the time putting a 5th gen interior into a Mustang???

If it is going to be used in the movie, they will need multiple copies as well. One is not going to do it, so it may be built on donor cars after all.

I am hoping for a secret Camaro plant though.
This one for the person to be shot in the car and getting in and out so you get the correct interior....the others if any as you can see will have dark tint..so they can have regular interior..IF there are more than one..
Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM

ok i dont know any facts about why this car has saleen plates on it or what part it will play in the Transformers movie.. i can just tell you all that if my memory serves me correctly it was saleen that built the tube chassis and made fiberglass molds of the concept Cobra that was used in the movie XXX State of the Union .... i saw it on a special on tv but that was a long time ago .. so i cant remember the details.... i would imagine that this is probly the same kind of deal.....

and weather or not this camaro is bumble bee or any other transformer...... this movie is gonna rock.... the first time i get to see anyone of them transform specially Optimus Prime.... i will probly **** myself and scream like a school girl....

and everyone needs to Remember the Transformer Slogan Transformers More than Meets the Eye (maybe that applys to that yellow concept Camaro TOO )
Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 PM

Mirrors are identical to the concepts. It seemed as though everyone here said the mirrors would have to be changed up for the production version. Why have a full interior and whatnot and still have the concept's mirrors?

Headlights are normal, as opposed to the concepts, that is.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:32 PM

So who can tell the difference between a Ford and Chevy bolt pattern without measuring?

BTW, I'm now convinced that this car MUST have a stripe option.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by 67 LS-1 & T-56
BTW, I'm now convinced that this car MUST have a stripe option.
If Saleen continues to make it I'm sure we will.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:48 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

......oh ye of little faith....................

..........by the way -- I REALLY wish I could have seen CJ's face when he got a look at the yellow car.

(eyes really DO bug out, don't they???)

Quick Reply: CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!