2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:06 PM

Re: CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!

Your kidding..... this thing was less than 500 feet from where I work and I missed it!?!?!?! NOOOOO!!!!

On the otherhand.. I did see that bonecrusher thing drive in.... huge! and wierd lookin to boot. The german guy must be one of the germans who train here. Hope he didn't get in trouble.

Man, I knew I should have camped out at work.

I'm gonna go sulk now.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:10 PM

What type of car do you suppose is in the background of this pic...under the cover???
Old 06-06-2006, 06:14 AM

thats the mustang cop car you can see the push bar under the front of the cover..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM

Arrow Re: CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!

Fun thread.

This Camaro is obviously a "movie magic" mockup on a GTO frame (and switchgear) to make it functional.

In the movie, they will edit out those GTO guages and hubcaps.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Anyone have links that work for viewing the interior? Most if not all the previous posted links have seemed to magically dried up. hmmmmm Thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 03:46 PM

yes any new news on this car...

and Michael Bay the directors already giving out pics to this car at his blog..so Scott whens the muzzle comming off from GM so you can talk???
Old 06-26-2006, 06:56 AM

Word is that Camaro is not on a GTO chassis. The gauge cluster is not from a GTO, only the red background resembles it...

I have compiled a few pics here:
http://www.michiganclassics.com/transformerscamaro/

Joe
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 AM

How can you say that is not a GTO guage lay? lol

Looks like the corners have been masked off to black to hide whatever it is the GTO has in its guages there and the chrome guage trim from the GTO was cut out but the chrome is probably a part of the bezel anyways.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by OverAnxious
Word is that Camaro is not on a GTO chassis. The gauge cluster is not from a GTO, only the red background resembles it...

I have compiled a few pics here:
http://www.michiganclassics.com/transformerscamaro/

Joe
Just wanted to point out that Scott has said that the car is most certainly NOT on a Ford donor chassis. He hasn't said what chassis it is on but he's NOT a Ford.

And to me, the gauges look CLEARLY GTO, with an F5-style bezel over it. The gauge placement is IDENTICAL to the interior shot you show on that page.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
yes any new news on this car...

and Michael Bay the directors already giving out pics to this car at his blog..so Scott whens the muzzle comming off from GM so you can talk???

OH NOOOO...Michael Bay is directing it we're doomed...he directed Pearl Harbor (among some other worthless Hollywood junk)

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-26-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by graham
How can you say that is not a GTO guage lay? lol

Looks like the corners have been masked off to black to hide whatever it is the GTO has in its guages there and the chrome guage trim from the GTO was cut out but the chrome is probably a part of the bezel anyways.
the gauge face does look like the GTO with a Camaro trim bezel over it, but nothing else on that dash looks GTO. I doubt Saleen fabricated all of that. I'd guess GM gave them some parts or even a whole car. I'm not convinced the fabricated that dash, console nor the body just for a movie...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM

The motive behind the guages is probably to plug-n-play with a GTO powertrain and dash harness to simplify everything. More than likely its a goat LS1 or LS2 motor with appropriate trans, pcm, and the gauges just made it easier.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...60&postcount=8

I would be calling in that bet!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by OverAnxious
the gauge face does look like the GTO with a Camaro trim bezel over it, but nothing else on that dash looks GTO. I doubt Saleen fabricated all of that. I'd guess GM gave them some parts or even a whole car. I'm not convinced the fabricated that dash, console nor the body just for a movie...

I think I get what you're trying to say.

You're not denying the basis for that yellow 'Camaro' may very well be a GTO.

But the fact that, aside from the guages aligning with the dash, the whole interior of the car seems to be 'production' pieces put INTO an existing GTO. Am I getting your point right? That they possibly didn't fabricate the whole interior, but used something GM already has designed and prepared to go into the real thing when it's released. Thus suggesting the Camaro really just might be closer to production than anyone thought...

So, yeah, that might be a GTO underneath, but it's skin is 'real' Camaro. That would be nice if it were true.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
I think I get what you're trying to say.

You're not denying the basis for that yellow 'Camaro' may very well be a GTO.

But the fact that, aside from the guages aligning with the dash, the whole interior of the car seems to be 'production' pieces put INTO an existing GTO. Am I getting your point right? That they possibly didn't fabricate the whole interior, but used something GM already has designed and prepared to go into the real thing when it's released. Thus suggesting the Camaro really just might be closer to production than anyone thought...

So, yeah, that might be a GTO underneath, but it's skin is 'real' Camaro. That would be nice if it were true.
Almost.
At first, I thought it was a GTO chassis. But think about it, how much work would go into fabricating the Camaro body panels and the interior?

Although the current GTO and the Concept Camaro both have a 110" wheelbase, I'm saying the body and interior came from GM, but nobody is talking...

Just an assumption on my part

Quick Reply: CJMATT did see the new camaro!!!