2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Colors for those ordering first

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
You shouldn't be making any judgments off the chevy website, the colors there may as well be cartoons. Just wait til you see it on a camaro!

QFT
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked1
if its anything like the 78 z28, its awesome...

heres a pic of mine, yeah its a ****ty pic but ive also included two more pics of someone elses car...

Well that looks NOTHING like the crappy blue on the camaro site. In fact, I LOVED that color blue on the 78's. Isnt' that Quasar, or Electric Blue? That's the shade I was hoping for. So if that's what Aqua Blue really looks like, then I'm a happy camper. But it sure looks muddy and icky on the site. Not even CLOSE to that blue that you show. The 2010 color just doesn't POP like that '78 does. And I want it to POP.
In fact, in your first picture, it DOES look like the 2010 color. But the 2nd and 3rd pictures looks like a different shade all together.
I just hope we see some shots of a real F5 car in Aqua Blue before release.

Last edited by christianjax; 07-25-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by nexus6
this is what i thought it looked like

which looks great IMO
that is the color!

HOWEVER -- on a cloudy day, it isn't nearly as bright --

It's very close to the orange we offered on the 1972 Camaro.......
Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by christianjax
Well that looks NOTHING like the crappy blue on the camaro site. In fact, I LOVED that color blue on the 78's. Isnt' that Quasar, or Electric Blue? That's the shade I was hoping for. So if that's what Aqua Blue really looks like, then I'm a happy camper. But it sure looks muddy and icky on the site. Not even CLOSE to that blue that you show. The 2010 color just doesn't POP like that '78 does. And I want it to POP.
In fact, in your first picture, it DOES look like the 2010 color. But the 2nd and 3rd pictures looks like a different shade all together.
Aqua blue will be on Chevy Dealer lots shortly -- Colorado and Impala SS -- (and perhaps one or two other carlines....)

It is definitely darker than Jetstream Blue on Corvette.........
Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Aqua blue will be on Chevy Dealer lots shortly -- Colorado and Impala SS -- (and perhaps one or two other carlines....)

It is definitely darker than Jetstream Blue on Corvette.........
Hey Scott,

Is this close to Aqua Blue? If so

Name:  custom5thgencamaro.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  38.6 KB

Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 AM

Aqua Blue on an 09 Colorado:

Here's a closeup in the door jam:

Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Looks pretty close
Old 07-26-2008, 08:38 AM

I have to say, that isn't the color I was hoping for. It looks like blue washed down with silver. Looks like Orange or Red for me. bummer.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by christianjax
mine is definetly aqua marine, and so are the two other pics i posted...just goes to show ya what a ****ty camera makes a cool color look like
Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 PM

Angry Aqua Blue Metallic

I just checked out Aqua Blue Metallic on a Colorado at my local Chevy Dealership, it is Hideous! It looks that the premixed, $20 a gallon color somebody buys at an autobody supply store to throw a quickie paint job on their rusted out Celebrity. AWFUL!!! Come on GM give us Jetstream Blue! Aqua Blue Metallic should be illegal to put on a car this great looking!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 PM

huh...mustve changed the color code, the name is definetly a bit different

aqua marine blue velvet from 78-------to-------->aqua blue metallic for 2010
GOOD.............................................. ..................BAD?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:21 AM

I'm not a fan of green, but I almost wish that if we couldn't get a GOOD blue color, that they would offer a neat green instead. Not for me, but I know there are many 1st gen fans out there that wished for it. I went out on a hunt this weekend to find either Aqua Blue or Brazen Orange. I couldn't find either. I did find a Corvette in JetStream and a G8 in Ignition Orange. I liked the JetStream, but wasn't crazy about the Ignition Orange, it was kind of a frumpy Orange (if there is such a thing). JetStream is lighter than I want but looks much better than any picture of Aqua that I've seen.
THIS
Name:  MVC-243X-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  93.7 KB
Is the blue I was hoping for.
Or something like this, while this isn't quite right either, it's better than Aqua.
Name:  bluewithwhite.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  27.7 KB

The blue on that Colorado truck can only be described as "Blah Blue".

Last edited by christianjax; 07-28-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 AM

I really have to see the colors on the Camaro. I always wanted black but after seeing silver on the tv car and cyber gray on the ZR1 I'm torn. I really like the way the cyber gray shines with green and blue flakes. Now I'm kinda diggin the orange. With some black stripes and black wheels it could be pretty sweet.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Me and my dad both were hoping for the same blue he has on his 69 DZ302, i believe its either lemans blue or admiral blue, and i only see a cyber gray and white sttripe package, no black stripes? Im pretty positive i'll be ordering an inferno orange metlliac rs/ss 6 speed
Old 07-28-2008, 01:02 PM

the imperial blue is a really nice color in person...lots of metallics, made the malibu look damn good...the red tint color or whatever looks great too, the aqua blue is definetly not the same blue that was used in 78...i was very dissapointed in that color

Quick Reply: Colors for those ordering first