2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help stop it

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help sto

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
No I didn't mean the power to directly tell them what to do, but they do have the power to take away thier ability to sell gm's product.
IIRC, that's not entirely true either, I think Scott covered that as well in the link above.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:59 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Re: Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help sto

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
No I didn't mean the power to directly tell them what to do, but they do have the power to take away thier ability to sell gm's product.
It is extremely difficult for GM to "terminate" a dealership. You'd be shocked at some of the crap dealers pull on GM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by JasonD
IIRC, that's not entirely true either, I think Scott covered that as well in the link above.
something about the 5 foot pile of legal documents a GM employee has to sign before they can have direct contact with dealerships.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by chrisL
It is extremely difficult for GM to "terminate" a dealership. You'd be shocked at some of the crap dealers pull on GM.
Actually I wouldn't be. I am more shocked that GM would put theirsevles in that positon. I know you need dealers to sell your cars, but one of the most common complaints across all auto message boards regards gm's dealers...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM

Re: Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help stop it

Well GM dealer or not I have done my part and reported every on that has popped up and will continue doing so.

What absolute leeches these guys are. It reminds me of just how sleezy all of the Ford dealerships are about selling th GT-500.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:42 PM

Re: Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help stop it

Actually this is the simplest rule in the game...allocation. GM can allocate vehicles as it sees fit, just as dealers can decide to accept or decline the total number GM allocates them. Where GM could really make some headway is to increase the number of discretionary allocation given out, and reassign it to dealers with the best track records with customers. Ex: In the past dealer A gets 0 Z06 Corvettes in in cycle 1, but because the Zone Manager has extra allocation of 2 Z06's, he allocates these to dealer A if they take 20 Express vans to help them out. This could work the same if GM sees increases/decreases CSI scores for a dealership. This means the happier the customer, the higher the "in demand" product, thus reward/punishment. Better than the trade one good for ten dog products that goes on now.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:39 PM

Before I even say anything , I completely dont agree with what their doing 1 bit . I think it absolutely sucks , and jus goes to show its gonna next to impossible to get a new Camaro when it comes out , let alone one for sticker

Legally I dont think Ebay can do anything though . You see "right to buy" auctions all the time on ebay complete with file photo's not of the actual item up for auction . And you also see most of the time , lot of bids equalling riduclous amounts of $$$ from interested people . The stickler here is the Camaro is no longer jus a wish , it is reality . So the SCUMBAG dealers are actually selling a service . As long as the "right to buy" terms are fully disclosed they (dealer)technically ( and I use that term as loosely as I can ) arent doing anything illegal or violating Ebay terms of agreement .

If the Camaro was not officially annouced as a production car , it would be different .

What a bunch of complete SCUMBAGS .
Old 08-31-2006, 06:42 PM

The auction I reported is gone, and as of the time of this posting there are no auctions for 5th gens on Ebay.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by scott9050
The auction I reported is gone, and as of the time of this posting there are no auctions for 5th gens on Ebay.
Great. ****ing loosers
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM

Well when Ebay has removed items before, when you would try to bring up that iitem number it would become invalid. These two Ive reported are still there but are ended. One with the buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JUST-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Im kind of surprised because Ive talked to their Support twice. The first time as mentioned earlier in the thread where the Live Help guy spoke to someone in another dept and said to report this as fraud. I spoke to someone again this morning, who said fraud wasnt their field but definately report it based on what they saw with the auction with the chops. Though I have had mixed Ebay responces from the company. One response in email said "The problem you are having with fraud is not listed." The same problems I mentioned to the other two techs though admittedly it wasnt their field. Thats fine but I also did the following.

I have looked into this a little more also reported this as a "No Item sale" and also reported this as a direct violation of Ebays "Pre Sale" listings policy which specifically states that you cannot list an item more than 30 days out from its availability with a few exceptions for manufacturers on occasion. Regaurdless both auctions can still be seen and it appears anyway they made it to the end.

Id like to give ebay the benefit of the doubt and think that I did not report this as a Pre-Sale violation immediately but I had honestly thought they would remove it.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:05 PM

Link to Ebay Pre-Sale policy

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Originally Posted by Ebay Pre-Sale Listings

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Some Examples Hide

Alice sells video games. Alice will receive a shipment of a new, very desirable video game from the publisher within 39 days. Alice starts a 10-day online auction on eBay, offering these games to buyers. Alice’s online auction clearly states that these games are offered as pre-sale items, but that she will ship them to her buyers within 30 days of the end of her online auction. Alice’s listing does not violate the eBay Pre-Sale Listings policy.

Her competitor, Albert, also sells video games. He also will receive his shipment from the publisher within 39 days. Albert starts an online auction identical to Alice’s, except that he chooses a 5-day format. Albert has violated the eBay Pre-Sale Listings policy because he will not be able to ship the item within 30 days after the listing closes.

Additional Information Hide

eBay, at its discretion, for special promotional events, may approve an actual manufacturer of an item (like the game publisher in the examples above) to sell an item outside of the 30-day pre-sale guideline as long as the actual manufacturer is supplying the actual item for sale. These exceptions will be made for certain promotions and must be approved prior to listing items for sale on eBay that fit the exception above.
Why does eBay have this policy? Hide

eBay has strict guidelines for pre-sale Listings to protect our members from potentially poor buying experiences while still enabling members to buy and sell items which are not yet available.

Related Help topics

Prohibited and Restricted Items Overview

Contact Customer Support
Report listing violations or problems with another eBay member.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Ebay can still make a sale void in some cases. I have had deals on eBay and after the sale was over, I got an e-mail telling me that due to whatever reasons (shady seller or buyer, whatever) the transaction had been cancelled and I did not have to pay for it or if I was the seller, I would not have to send the item and I would get my listing fees back.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Go down, and look at the yellow piece of paper. The person wrote, " Deposit on New-Generation CAMERO-per Contract."

WOW! A Chevy Dealer misspelled the word Camaro!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Ebay can still make a sale void in some cases. I have had deals on eBay and after the sale was over, I got an e-mail telling me that due to whatever reasons (shady seller or buyer, whatever) the transaction had been cancelled and I did not have to pay for it or if I was the seller, I would not have to send the item and I would get my listing fees back.
I didnt know that. Its possible we made some headway after all...
Old 08-31-2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoz35thSS
Actually this is the simplest rule in the game...allocation. GM can allocate vehicles as it sees fit, just as dealers can decide to accept or decline the total number GM allocates them. Where GM could really make some headway is to increase the number of discretionary allocation given out, and reassign it to dealers with the best track records with customers. Ex: In the past dealer A gets 0 Z06 Corvettes in in cycle 1, but because the Zone Manager has extra allocation of 2 Z06's, he allocates these to dealer A if they take 20 Express vans to help them out. This could work the same if GM sees increases/decreases CSI scores for a dealership. This means the happier the customer, the higher the "in demand" product, thus reward/punishment. Better than the trade one good for ten dog products that goes on now.
I dont know how credible this is, but I heard a dealer on digitalcorvettes who leaked Z06 pics magically couldnt get any Z06's because of inventory depleation and all he sold were corvettes.

Quick Reply: Dealers on Ebay taking money on Camaro before production and how you can help stop it