2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Different?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Different?

This just struck me as odd. Go to this link and check out image 3 (it may come up on image 3 already though)-

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...6020-3,00.html

Then compare it to this image.

Doesn't the 'chin' look quite a bit more extended in the gallery image 3?

I looks like too much to be mere camera angle.

I couldn't save the image from the gallery to post here for a side by side look, sorry.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

I think it is all in the camera angle because look at how much of the taillights you can see in your picture vs. what you can see in the picture on the link you gave us. It's clearly more of a front end oriented shot.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM

camera angle and Carmen Electra are the differences
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM

There was a thread not too long ago that brought attention to the gmcanada website ... the pics in the gallery there had striking "subtle" differences (is that like an oxy-moron? "striking, subtle" ) from all the previous pics of the concept. Looked like a slightly longer front overhang, the roofline looked different, the wheels looked smaller, more likely production sized. Have a look for that thread ... it makes you think the same way the pics you've pointed out do .
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Bert02SS

It's not the camera angle, it's an extended front overhang, and smaller wheels, too. The difference between a concept and a pre-production model, I suppose.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bert02SS
It's not the camera angle, it's an extended front overhang, and smaller wheels, too. The difference between a concept and a pre-production model, I suppose.
Nope. It's not a preproduction car. That's still at least a year away. The new Camaro is only just now getting to prototype level.

There's only 1 running concept coupe, so the car you're seeing is the same one you've been seeing for the past year.

Last edited by guionM; 01-10-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by guionM
There's only 1 running concept coupe, so the car you're seeing is the same one you've been seeing for the past year.
But with an extended front overhang, right?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:34 AM

No. The link has the concept at a slight angle with the front towards the photographer.

The hood scoop looks 2" taller though!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

no extended overhang. wheels are the same size... on both coupe and vert.

The vert was cloned from the coupe. Most of the body panels were reused, except obviously, for removing the roof.

Here's a huge pic of the vert I took at the GM Style event

http://photos.imageevent.com/face440...tyle%20105.jpg
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Nope. It's not a preproduction car. That's still at least a year away. The new Camaro is only just now getting to prototype level.

Hey Guy,

After GM announced that the Camaro was going to be produced, the Chevy website said the Camaro was a preproduction model, since the Vert appeared and the website changed, it doesn't say anything that I can find.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

They are still "pre-production"

The silver coupe and vert have the same dimensions, wheelbase, wheel sizes, etc etc etc etc etc.

When I asked Cheryl Pilcher (one of GM's leads on the team) if there were any differences between the coupe and vert. She said "we duplicated the coupe and took the roof off"

The only diferences were with the interior.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
I think it is all in the camera angle because look at how much of the taillights you can see in your picture vs. what you can see in the picture on the link you gave us. It's clearly more of a front end oriented shot.
I checked out other images I have of the Camaro (and I have lots) checking for that extended look. And none of them have it irregardless of angle.

The pic on that site just looks like the 'chin' is extended WAY too much to just be camera angle.

Oh, I remember the thread about the Canadian site and the differences. I was one who agreed it looked slightly different.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM

If you look really close you can see the shadowing shortens the one in the thread pic, more dramatic lighting in the link shows the actual edge of the chin pieces better.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Its exactly the same, it has more to do with lighting than anything. The light at the GM style event is much greater than the stock GM photo, which will make certain features of the car stand out a bit more. The wheels are the same wheels that have been on it since it first debuted. Check the clearence of rotor/caliper to wheel.... its the same.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
My exact thoughts.

The rest of you are reading way too much into the difference in lighting, camera angle, etc. Besides you should be focusing more on Carmen and less on the Camaro.