2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dont forget the AIRBAGS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM

Re: Dont forget the AIRBAGS!!!

Originally Posted by JasonD
Hahahah! I think people can still learn something from this still.

How about I also try to put it into a perspective...

Imagine someone telling you to get into one of two cars. Both cars have seatbelt systems and are identical, except that only one has has an airbag system. Then they tell you that after you get into one of the cars, they will propel it at 60mph into a tree with a trunk 3 feet wide. Which car would you pick? The one with the airbag or the one without?
Neither.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Hahahah! I think people can still learn something from this still.

How about I also try to put it into a perspective...

Imagine someone telling you to get into one of two cars. Both cars have seatbelt systems and are identical, except that only one has has an airbag system. Then they tell you that after you get into one of the cars, they will propel it at 60mph into a tree with a trunk 3 feet wide. Which car would you pick? The one with the airbag or the one without?
Has there been any actual "learning" in this thread? I've not seen a single statistic, study or analysis of airbags versus cars that don't have them. Thus far it's one side's stories against the other side's - - doesn't seem real instructive to me.........

....besides and I and others have said - this is SUCH a moot point it's not even funny!! The Camaro is going to have airbags - 'nuff said!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 AM

WS6, I know what you mean. I lived in Spain in college. Nothing like maxing out a Fiat Punto on the island of Tenerife at 130km/hr!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM

even if someone posted statistical data regarding lives saved with airbags, those who are against airbags are too arrogant/ignorant to read it or take it into consideration. They probably think the bigger, rigid, all-steel cars of the 1950s are safer than today's econobox with crumplezones...

But, I guess the Hans device or Hutchins device doesn't save lives either. It's just there to really make a race car driver uncomfortable...
Old 09-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Shellhead
Has there been any actual "learning" in this thread?
Yeah, I have learned from this thread that common sense ain't so common.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roadie
even if someone posted statistical data regarding lives saved with airbags, those who are against airbags are too arrogant/ignorant to read it or take it into consideration. They probably think the bigger, rigid, all-steel cars of the 1950s are safer than today's econobox with crumplezones...

But, I guess the Hans device or Hutchins device doesn't save lives either. It's just there to really make a race car driver uncomfortable...
Well some of beileve when it is your time to go then you go. Case closed. Most recent example, co-pilot in that recent plane crash. But that is a different discussion.

I don't know about cars in the 50's but I once wrecked my 79 T/A - tbone a dude at 40mph. No seatbelt ect. Just a bump on my head and let. Put a radiator hose on the car and drove it home from the lot they towed it to the next day. Wiat I am still her, that was 15 years ago.