2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Fact or Fiction? PHR says 300 HP V6 Standard

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
33,685, down 7.8% over 2006.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/074342.html

*Edit: I guess I was a little slow on the Vette Numbers

The only problem with the DI V-6 (and I believe Motor Trend commented on this and made a "big deal" about it) but apparently they DI motors have a somewhat coarse/loud sound to them under load and acceleration. A major no no in today's "everything must be perfect and not a single squeak or rattle had better be heard!" market. I know it's a Camaro, buy y'all know how magazines and comparisons can tear a new car apart...

I can see it now:

"The Camaro's new DI V-6 blows the doors off the current Mustang V-6 offerings in fuel mileage, power, and acceleration, but we found it sounded too coarse and loud for a muscle car, so we recommend the V-6 Mustang over the V-6 Camaro."

The noise problem was on preproduction CTS models and has been as is still be addressed. As of now few have any problem with the production version and GM is still working to make it better yet.

By a year from now it will be a non issue in the Camaro.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
33,685, down 7.8% over 2006.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/074342.html

*Edit: I guess I was a little slow on the Vette Numbers

The only problem with the DI V-6 (and I believe Motor Trend commented on this and made a "big deal" about it) but apparently they DI motors have a somewhat coarse/loud sound to them under load and acceleration. A major no no in today's "everything must be perfect and not a single squeak or rattle had better be heard!" market. I know it's a Camaro, buy y'all know how magazines and comparisons can tear a new car apart...

I can see it now:

"The Camaro's new DI V-6 blows the doors off the current Mustang V-6 offerings in fuel mileage, power, and acceleration, but we found it sounded too coarse and loud for a muscle car, so we recommend the V-6 Mustang over the V-6 Camaro."
I've got the the V6 in my 2007 CTS and can honestly say I am very impressed with it. It would be interesting to try the DI version. As much as I want a hot rod V8 camaro I'd have to say it is not needed anymore with the way these new V6 engines run (although I'd prefer to be an idiot with a V8 I don't really need)
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by bossco
Lol, I'd argue nearly 500,000 people disagree with you based on thier purchase alone and there are probably three times as many that would disagree more, and I'd say that it isn't because of lack of taste, ergo your standpoint is invalid (especially since taste is an opinion and entirely subjective and seldom universal). I guess performance can be objective, but the bulk of its significance is really for magazine types to stroke or **** on egos to sell magazines (and the reasons for the f-bods hiatus have been discussed ad nauseam) and as for making that statement on a Camaro board making it valid - yeah I guess in the same way sticking your head in the sand makes the bogey man go away.
What's your point? just because 500,000 people disagree with my OPINION, means the Mustang looks better and performs better? Those would be the same people that will vote for Hillary for the the same reasons I suppose. Which brings me back to my original statement. There's no accounting for tastes.*

Legal Disclaimer
*note: all opinions stated by Christianjax are solely the opinions of Christianjax. Your opinion may vary. Opinions voiced are not necessarily those of CamaroZ28.com., Mustanglovers.com, or Badtaste.com.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
BBOMG Organizer

...I guess in the same way sticking your head in the sand makes the bogey man go away.

Lol! It works man, try it!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hylton
or so the Democrats would have you believe.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Originally Posted by christianjax
or so the ***insert favorite politician here*** would have you believe.
Fixed it for ya!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Fixed it for ya!
Or LEAST favorite candidate would have you believe.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:27 PM

What's your point? just because 500,000 people disagree with my OPINION, means the Mustang looks better
You made the statement - "there is no accounting for taste" which in and of itself would lend it to being in the majority, or something being inferred by an expert on the subject.

Looks are a matter of opinion, thats what I'm saying, but like 1 billion people in China chomping down on rice, I can't see 500,000 people buying a Mustang if they are as bad as you suggest, and even more mind boggling (to you I guess), why would people only settle for a mid to high 13 second car that can barely make it to 150 and pulls less than .90 on the skidpad - for the average guy it doesn't matter, for most people breaking 100 miles per hour is the automotive equivalent of going lightspeed - build a car that can do that in about a quarter mile and it ranks pretty high by most standards and is what alot of people would consider "high-performance" (indeed, only people with very short memories, have been in a coma for the last 30 years, have been born in the last 20 years or are just a bunch of jaded enthusiasts anomously posting on the internet wouldn't consider that fast).
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM

I did in my 91 LX until I ran into my first LT1 powered Fbody, then my eyes were blown wide open - but like my mom likes to tell me "I'm the most contrary bastard she's ever met" - I like to call it peerless intrepidity - I stick for the most part with my brand F cars.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Hey...what happened to our thread???????? There will never be and end to the politics arguements .....so maybe you guys can just argue them with PM's so the rest of us can continue making idiots of ourselves over simple horsepower/purchase price and Camaro vs Mustang issues OK?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 AM

You made the statement - "there is no accounting for taste" which in and of itself would lend it to being in the majority, or something being inferred by an expert on the subject.

Looks are a matter of opinion, thats what I'm saying, but like 1 billion people in China chomping down on rice, I can't see 500,000 people buying a Mustang if they are as bad as you suggest, and even more mind boggling (to you I guess), why would people only settle for a mid to high 13 second car that can barely make it to 150 and pulls less than .90 on the skidpad - for the average guy it doesn't matter, for most people breaking 100 miles per hour is the automotive equivalent of going lightspeed - build a car that can do that in about a quarter mile and it ranks pretty high by most standards and is what alot of people would consider "high-performance" (indeed, only people with very short memories, have been in a coma for the last 30 years, have been born in the last 20 years or are just a bunch of jaded enthusiasts anomously posting on the internet wouldn't consider that fast).
First, don't take everything I say as serious. I have something called a sense of humor, look into getting one. You've never heard the expression "there's no accounting for tastes"?? I didn't make it up. I just used it. I was jokingly poking fun at Mustang owners for driving an inferior car. (FROM THE CAMARO VS MUSTANG CAMP). There has been a long rivalry between Chevy/Ford, Camaro/Mustang. Is this really news to you? Really? It's my God given right as a Camaro owner to make fun of Mustang owners. And Vice versa. Deal with it. And stop taking everything you read on the internet as gospel.

Okay, moving on......So how about that Camaro huh?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
Hey...what happened to our thread???????? There will never be and end to the politics arguements .....so maybe you guys can just argue them with PM's so the rest of us can continue making idiots of ourselves over simple horsepower/purchase price and Camaro vs Mustang issues OK?
I've been thinking this about almost every thread I've been in for the last two months or so.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Primus
I've been thinking this about almost every thread I've been in for the last two months or so.
well things are slow around here because we are only getting fed small bits of new info. So people rant and ramble to fill the void.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 PM

well things are slow around here because we are only getting fed small bits of new info. So people rant and ramble to fill the void.
Yea...I know...I'm as guilty of it as anyone else. Winter in this area sucks. I'm even tired of playing with my pinball machines tonight...