2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

First shot of production Camaro SS coupe front!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 AM

reverse lights still have me nervous
Old 07-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
So are you saying the SS gets stuck with the fake air induction vent? Bummer if true

Fake as Milli Vanilli.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:07 AM

If I can get a Z28/RS... oh man. Been saying that since like 2001.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:32 AM

If I'm allowed to give an opinion... I think the headlights are not as aggressive as on the concept... but there's just too many things to like about this car that I just don't care about the finer details anymore.

Me want the car!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by graham
Is that front fender-to-bumper cover gap for real?
Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
I think you're looking too hard, it's not that bad.
thats the first thing i saw , it jumped out at me .its kinda bad .it looks bigger than where the door meets the body
Old 07-12-2008, 01:15 AM

Nice to see one with the front plate holder in place, I was worried it would look as crappy as the 4th gen front plate holders which were a complete after-thought. (Hate having the front plate, but $100 fines start to add up)
Old 07-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by nexus6
thats the first thing i saw , it jumped out at me .its kinda bad .it looks bigger than where the door meets the body
Like so many other trivialities, I think people get too worked up over things like this. This is a pre-prod car. It has all kinds of little quirks being worked out. That is why they are out there TESTING it.

Overall, that is one gorgeous car. Try to see the forest instead of the trees.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
So are you saying the SS gets stuck with the fake air induction vent? Bummer if true
Is there a particular reason it can't be functional. I know that it's not part of the hood and the hood latch is directly behind it, but why wouldn't some kind of Y-piece type ram-air setup work?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
Is there a particular reason it can't be functional. I know that it's not part of the hood and the hood latch is directly behind it, but why wouldn't some kind of Y-piece type ram-air setup work?
There's a lot more than the hood latch behind it. See the last part of this post:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=57

Originally Posted by JasonD
...all I can say is good luck to anyone who accomplishes that while making it worth the effort.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Like so many other trivialities, I think people get too worked up over things like this. This is a pre-prod car. It has all kinds of little quirks being worked out. That is why they are out there TESTING it.

dont take my words out of context.one person said it was a big gap,another said it wasnt that bad.i said it was a pretty big gap.what part of that did i say i was gonna run to ford or dodge and buy somethin else? .....sheesh
Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast

I'd agree this is a pre prod car that had that nose fascia added. It most certainly would NOT be representative of final fit and finish.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 AM

what part of that did i say i was gonna run to ford or dodge and buy somethin else? .....sheesh
What part of that did he say you would? He did not insinuate in anyway that you would jump to another car.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 AM

Not the car in the pictures in this thread, no.
I'll check the box on that option provided they aren't packaged with a bunch of other unnecessary options (packaging it with the bluetooth option is very acceptable). I hate opposing traffic with them, especially the latte-burning ubiquitous acura/infinity/lexus small crossovers because they seem to aim straight for YOUR EYES! But, I'd love the better view of the road from a car.

You will be able to tell the difference without badging anyway.
That is interesting... one of the main defining items has been one vs. two tailpipes with their own molded "bumpers", but it seems the 5th Gen will have two regardless. I'm sure the wheels will continue to differentiate, but will they add various grilles?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:41 AM

dont take my words out of context.one person said it was a big gap,another said it wasnt that bad.i said it was a pretty big gap.what part of that did i say i was gonna run to ford or dodge and buy somethin else? .....sheesh
sorry nexus, not trying to imply anything. I just think some (not necessarily you) read too much into the pictures we are seeing now, especially considering the nature of the cars, not being saleable units and all that. It goes back to - let's evaluate these cars when we can look one over at a dealership.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 PM

Just out of curiosity, is there any GTO owner out there that's happy with their nose to fender gap and finish? I hope they don't have the same guys working on that part of the Camaro, ha.

Quick Reply: First shot of production Camaro SS coupe front!