2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

FOCUS GROUP 2008 - End of day 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

FOCUS GROUP 2008 - End of day 2

We just got back in after a rather exhausting day. It is certainly one of the most memorable days we will ever have.

I don't have the time (or the permission in most cases) right now to get into great details, but here is something I will tell you...

If you don't put your expectations above what is reasonable, yet expect it to be the best performaing Camaro ever, you will definitely not be let down. This car is going to live up to the hype, IMO. The wait that we have all endured wasn't for nothing, it is partly because it has to be right and no one wants to push the car out until it is. So far, I believe it will be and then some. No one is dragging their feet and no one is expecting this car to do well based on heritage alone. If you like the concept and can manage to look beyond the test mule's cobbled up and rough status to imagine where things are heading, you will be more than pleased.

One final thought, there is absolutely no need to even begin to compare the next Camaro with any previous generation. There are simply no similarities except for that name on the side and what the car means to everyone.

I am beat, I need to relax a bit before I go have a tall drink and get ready for the dinner tonight.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Disciple

Nice summary, Jason.

The car absolutely nails the pony car formula. The passion displayed by everyone on the Camaro team and the extent to which they are sweating the details inspires a lot of confidence.

Bob Lutz doing multiple low level flyovers added an element we weren't expecting.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
Just an unbelievable day with a whole bunch of passionate people and a few pretty awesome cars! (and a fighter jet!)
Really not much more that I could add at this point, other than to echo "It's all lookin' pretty damn good from here!"
... and GM's gonna sell a just a ton of V6 cars - that car is a real eye-opener!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by sselie
Just an unbelievable day with a whole bunch of passionate people and a few pretty awesome cars! (and a fighter jet!)
Really not much more that I could add at this point, other than to echo "It's all lookin' pretty damn good from here!"
... and GM's gonna sell a just a ton of V6 cars - that car is a real eye-opener!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
HEHEHEHEHE

And Bob did a flyby in one of his toys? Out F#$%ing standing!!

Last edited by 1fastdog; 05-17-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:36 PM

What aircraft did he fly over with? I'm something of a warbird buff.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
He has Czech L-39 Albatros trainer.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 PM

I know Bob owns several cool aircraft....does anybody know what else he owns? I think Bob hung the moon, and love warbirds also, so this is a hell of a combo for me....
Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 AM

Dang, how do I get to go there??? I live real close too, which makes it harder for met to sit here and realize that all that cool stuff is going on so close yet so far away....
Old 05-18-2008, 12:45 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

We saw them. 4 of them. awesome. I couldnt speak when I got around the black screen they put up for about a minute. I was literally speechless.

gang, GM is dialing this puppy in right.

We were emphatically told we can not speak of any specifics. All we can say is there were 4 cars. Three of the colors were Silver, Black, and Red. We cant say what the 4th was.

We got to drive two of the IVER cars (black and white) that we've been seeing spy pics of now for a while. They were both V8 autos.

As far as the flybys... the man deserves the title of Maximum Bob. 74 years old in a jet doing barrel rolls. It was surreal. And there was no mistake it was Mr Lutz. Scott exchanged emails with him this evening.

Last edited by ChrisL; 05-19-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChrisL

We were specifically told we can not speak of any specifics. All we can say is there were 4 cars. Three of the colors were Silver, Black, and Red. We cant say what the 4th was.
This is b.s. ... just spill it already.

Does it handle - for real?

And are they going to have a package with > 500?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 AM

That was so vague, it wasn't worth posting!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by blackflag
This is b.s. ... just spill it already.

Does it handle - for real?

And are they going to have a package with > 500?

No, it isn't BS. They were instructed on what not to say, so don't ask.

As for handling, the car was/is being tuned on the Nurbring. What more do you need to be told?

Keep up the excellent briefings Jason, Elie, & Chris!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby

Hey Bob, try this link:
http://www.airportjournals.com/Displ...?varID=0505007
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Jason, are you getting the opportunity to sit down with them and talk about members concerns?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hylton
Jason, are you getting the opportunity to sit down with them and talk about members concerns?
Of course they are!! That's the whole point!

Did you not read/contribute to the thread letting us know that they were going back for another focus group session, and to give them key points to discuss?

I have to give GM credit ..... they're putting A LOT of effort into drawing feedback from REAL people for this Camaro. I don't believe this kind of thought, attention, care, consideration or effort goes into every car that's built. Heck, do they even go to these lengths for the Corvette?! I almost doubt it .

Quick Reply: FOCUS GROUP 2008 - End of day 2