2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

FOCUS GROUP 2008 - End of day 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by savage99ss
Do they have all the colors for the Camaro picked out? If so how many colors can we expect?

I agree with whomever said they dont want to get stuck with white/ tan interior....i hate tan interior on a white car... I hope we can mix and match and have a broad range of choices.

Color choices could be very important factor for some people.

Will they offer Plastic Thermoforming Injection Molding????????
See I LIKE white with tan interiors... just because of the heat here in az... (106 today yay for summer)

On topic, I'm glad everything went well and I felt the same when I saw the pre-prod. It just made my faith in the final product just that more firm. Being lucky enough to see the production intent would be that nudge more thrilling and tear jerking.

Last edited by diarmadhi; 05-19-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM

How far back and down does the seat go?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by JasonD
Nothing new, just competitive with the Mustang. They probably haven't determined pricing yet. I believe they do not until closer to the release of the car.
Scott said pricing is the LAST thing that gets determined.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM

I'll paypal you $5 if you tell me what engine choices there are.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM

I think we need a new black suburban smiley.

"No specific questions"

Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bradl1982
I'll paypal you $5 if you tell me what engine choices there are.
LOL. breaching the trust Scott, John, and Cheryl put into us. Sorry.

Has GM Powertrain disappointed us yet? Lets leave it at that.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
LOL. breaching the trust Scott, John, and Cheryl put into us. Sorry.

Has GM Powertrain disappointed us yet? Lets leave it at that.
Seriously. GM powertrain owns face right now in overall performance, efficiency, size, weight, and cost.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
How far back and down does the seat go?
+1 plus i hope it doesn't go up as you go forward. i know the mustang does and its annoying.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mushasi
Was the fourth one a Hugger Orange with black stripes, 1LE option, and my name on the headrest? :-)

Thanks for sharing the experience guys, even the with lack of details (it's absolutely expected). Just knowing so much enthusiasm is given into this project is amazing. When this Camaro comes out it's going to feel like we've really had some inputs in it.
im right there with you buddy,every night before i goto bed i pray to the camaro gods and say "please let there be hugger orange with black stripes".

And as far as the focus group goes.I am sooo green with envy its not even funny.i feel like its 1983 and some kid on the block just got the new red line bicycle and he's doing wheelies in front of my house.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
All’s I can say is what an incredible weekend! Wish I could have posted a bit earlier, but it’s been a whirlwind of family stuff happening since arriving home yesterday… better late than never!

I can’t decide what impressed me most – the people or the cars!! Others have covered pretty well everything that can be covered in their posts on this board and others and I’d like to echo their positive impressions about the car! We definitely learned a lot this weekend, which reinforces the hopes that we all have about how fantastic this car is going to be. Obviously, certain specifics and facts about the vehicles will be made public by GM when the time is appropriate, (looks like this may be sooner than later!) but I gotta tell ya that these guys and ladies have really done their homework and have gone the extra mile to bring us the car we want! Granted, the car isn’t perfect, but it does what is supposed to do – in spades!

The people involved in the development of this car are passionate car people who are extremely proud of what they’ve achieved – and rightly so. What a tremendous privilege to be able to sit down and talk with all these people in a small group or in a very informal one-on-one setting. Lots of opportunities to do both this weekend. All the team members are great listeners and are truly interested in hearing our input. Brett Vivian, the vehicle line director from Australia and I found ourselves on same flight to Toronto yesterday morning and I asked him what the biggest surprise of the weekend was for him… to which he immediately replied, “You guys are just like us and we better deliver a good car if the passion you have is so strong, that people are putting tattoos on themselves in honor of the car and GM.”

The biggest surprise for me this weekend was the V6 car! It totally blew me away! I think people are gonna just flip when they find out the content of this car, and of course, the performance!! A beautifully balanced machine that is simply amazing… this car, in my opinion, will set a new benchmark for entry level cars in this segment. I’m not a V6 person, yet I was truly flabbergasted! GM is gonna sell a whole whack of these cars and that bodes well for the success of this Camaro since as we are all aware that its success is dependent upon the success of the V6. GM has made sure that there are no doubts about achieving this goal!

The V8 was somewhat less of a surprise, since with all the speculation out there about drivetrains and whatnot, the bar had already been set pretty high in my mind. Certainly no disappointments there… and some pretty cool stuff included as standard equipment as well as optional equipment.

No disappointments either for me in the area of how GM intends to market the car with options and packages – definitely some nice surprises for me there!

And again, I’d like to say a huge thank you to GM and the whole team for making this experience happen for us, for listening to the enthusiast community and for having the passion and motivation to bring a car like this to market!

Best regards,

Elie
Old 05-19-2008, 02:55 PM

I was afraid that the pricing info would still be the same "similarly priced mustang". I know its the last thing to figure out, was just hope they would have a "better idea"
Old 05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by savage99ss
Do they have all the colors for the Camaro picked out? If so how many colors can we expect?

Based on past patterns of popularity, colors change through the years, but we were told we should see around 8-10 colors. We saw Black, Red & Silver, so we know those are definites.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM

Curb weight?

/me ducks and runs like hell...
Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Hopefully its not as portly as the new challenger, that things a toad.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:15 PM

OK, I know there's no specific questions but this one is gotta be a gimmie:

Do the power seats operate in some sort of fashion that you don't have to time with a sun dial? Evidently the Aussies are not in a hurry to get in the back seat but when it's rainy and ****ty outside, I am.

Quick Reply: FOCUS GROUP 2008 - End of day 2