2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

found pics of Production Camaro next to Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS

I would think the Camaro seen at the Nurburgring with the 20" in wheels and low profile tires would sit lower.
Tire profile has very little, if anything, to do with ride height when done properly. The wheel / tire combo should be as close to stock diameter as possible. All of the trim levels should have the same diameter as well.

That's not to say there isn't some sort of sport suspension package on the higher end cars (the Brembo calipers would seem to indicate this..at least I'm hoping). It could very well sit an inch or so lower if that's the case.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:46 AM

That's the IROC rims one. They really need to get those headlights off already and I find those exhaust pipes ridiculous even for a prepro. I'd of course take the Camaro, but that Challenger is a nice car.

As one guy said there, "I'm not sure whether that makes the Camaro look big or the Challenger look small." That's a good question.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 AM

The Challenger looks pretty darn good. The front end looks mean and nasty. I'm not a
Mopar guy, so I would never feel right about driving one, but I'm glad their are Mopar guys,
Ford guys, etc. The competition, rivalries between the big 3 are still burning deeply.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM

I like the Challenger. If I had enough money, I'd own one of those, too.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by IZ28
That's the IROC rims one. They really need to get those headlights off already and I find those exhaust pipes ridiculous even for a prepro. I'd of course take the Camaro, but that Challenger is a nice car.

As one guy said there, "I'm not sure whether that makes the Camaro look big or the Challenger look small." That's a good question.
Challenger is certainly bigger. Not length, but it's bigger in every other dimension.

It's wider, taller, has more interior room. The trunk alone is slightly larger than the Monte Carlo's was (let alone the Malibu).

In reality, Challenger and Camaro are 2 different beasts. While Camaro returns to the basics and is much along the lines of the 1st gen (a great handling track car), the Challenger is more like a modern Chevelle SS (a quick accelerating Friday night cruising car that will take the occasional stoplight race).
Old 05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shock6906
Too bad the Camaro's wheels aren't straight. That and it's turned out a little bit from the Challenger, so it's hard for me to properly judge the Camaro's appearance.
I can properly judge the Camaro's appearance. It looks great!

What's too bad is that there isn't a single pic of the entirety of both cars, side by side. You either get Camaro and part of Challenger, or Challenger and part of Camaro, but never both.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
Tire profile has very little, if anything, to do with ride height when done properly. The wheel / tire combo should be as close to stock diameter as possible. All of the trim levels should have the same diameter as well.

That's not to say there isn't some sort of sport suspension package on the higher end cars (the Brembo calipers would seem to indicate this..at least I'm hoping). It could very well sit an inch or so lower if that's the case.
I was pointing out the certain Camaro used at the Ring as one that would probably sit lower. I had to say the one with 20" wheels and Brembo's because then people would know what that one was as opposed to just another black pre-pro Camaro.

I think we agree the suspension and stance of that Ring test Camaro did seem to sit lower than the one in these pics. V6 maybe?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by savage99ss
Anyone notice in all those pics that everyone is eye-raping the Camaro and nobody is looking at the Challanger....
yeah,that lady in the 2nd pic is totally rubber neckin.

Anyone notice that the tires on the Camaro look Brand spankin new?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 AM

If you look at the shadows on the ground, the Camaro is shorter than the Challenger as well...rears are pretty much even, but the Camaro front doesn't reach as far foreward as the Challenger's.
(You can really see easily it by the shadow.)

I hope those rims can take some wider tires, the ratio looks narrow.

Last edited by 90rocz; 05-31-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 AM

I bet the dodge guys were upset when someone parked their camaro right next to that ugly orange car.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
djn

I'll take a Challenger please! Can't stand the Camaro with those hideous lights and grill.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by djn
I'll take a Challenger please! Can't stand the Camaro with those hideous lights and grill.
Your last 6 posts make that point so you must be lost. Give these a try:

http://www.challengertalk.com
http://www.dodgechallenger.com
http://www.challengerforums.com
http://www.challengerforumz.com

Post that stuff at one of those sites and enjoy your Challenger. Every time I log into this site I see someone who thinks this is a site for bashing Camaros. Only an idiot would expect to see that here. I will never know how someone could be that confused.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
djn

Originally Posted by BlackMetal
Your last 6 posts make that point so you must be lost. Give these a try:

http://www.challengertalk.com
http://www.dodgechallenger.com
http://www.challengerforums.com
http://www.challengerforumz.com

Post that stuff at one of those sites and enjoy your Challenger. Every time I log into this site I see someone who thinks this is a site for bashing Camaros. Only an idiot would expect to see that here. I will never know how someone could be that confused.
Just disappointed is all, wondering how many others here feel the same way now mind your own business if you have nothing constructive to say.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 PM

The lights will change. The grill is probably production style for at least the V6.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
djn

Originally Posted by Brangeta
The lights will change. The grill is probably production style for at least the V6.
I hope so.

Quick Reply: found pics of Production Camaro next to Challenger