2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

GM considers Camaro for European export.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by El-Camaro
If GM doesn't import the car to Germany, i will for sure :-)
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I think it would be a great idea. I would like to think of it as the equvilent of us importing BMW. A Turbo or Super Charged V6 might be a good idea though. I dont know that much about Diesel.

Agree with the turbo six idea. V8s are not going to sell in Europe.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
Agree with the turbo six idea. V8s are not going to sell in Europe.
Sure they will. Most of the Europeans who want an American muscle car are going to want it WITH the muscle. Wouldn't you?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by georgejetson
Sure they will. Most of the Europeans who want an American muscle car are going to want it WITH the muscle. Wouldn't you?
Yes, but those people will be small in numbers. Heck, even in North America V8 lovers represent the minority of Camaro and Mustang buyers. Europeans are much more fuel mileage sensitive.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
Yes, but those people will be small in numbers. Heck, even in North America V8 lovers represent the minority of Camaro and Mustang buyers. Europeans are much more fuel mileage sensitive.
And they have a vast range of higher-mileage cars to choose from. Believe this: if they're going to take crap from their neighbors for owning a "Yank tank", they're gonna get the one that goes as well as it looks.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 PM

Another thread back from the dead, huh?

I think selling Camaro around the globe would be fantastic (You could go to Kabul Afghanistan, and people know what a Mustang is). But realistically, Camaro's width, and near full size dimensions greatly restrict it's appeal outside our hemisphere, save Australia & the Middle East.

Look at the Mustang. Ford sold less than 500 Mustangs in Europe. Yet Holden sold 5,000 Monaros in Australia's tiny market. If memory serves, Ford managed to sell 1000 Mustang Cobras there in 2002.

As long as GM makes money in the process, even if there's only 1 person in a country that buys it, that sell expands Camaro's influence (and by association, Chevrolet as a world brand).

JCS30th's reaction to this idea is pretty bizzare. But anyone whose signoff is that the NHTSA is terrorizing Americans isn't exactly running on all cylinders.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:34 AM

Chevrolet started to ruin their Image about a year ago, when the labeld all Daewoo cars with the Chevrolet brand.

Now all officially in Germany sold Chevrolets are actually 1.2l fwd fart cars from Korea

Take a look at the german Chevrolet website:

http://www.chevrolet.de

Gruß,
Kai

Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Another thread back from the dead, huh?

I think selling Camaro around the globe would be fantastic (You could go to Kabul Afghanistan, and people know what a Mustang is). But realistically, Camaro's width, and near full size dimensions greatly restrict it's appeal outside our hemisphere, save Australia & the Middle East.

Look at the Mustang. Ford sold less than 500 Mustangs in Europe. Yet Holden sold 5,000 Monaros in Australia's tiny market. If memory serves, Ford managed to sell 1000 Mustang Cobras there in 2002.

As long as GM makes money in the process, even if there's only 1 person in a country that buys it, that sell expands Camaro's influence (and by association, Chevrolet as a world brand).

JCS30th's reaction to this idea is pretty bizzare. But anyone whose signoff is that the NHTSA is terrorizing Americans isn't exactly running on all cylinders.

I agree. The Camaro is too big to be marketed anywhere but North America and Oz. GM still assumes that big is the future. That's a fatal flaw in my estimation. The Impala, which ultimately will be built in the Camaro platform is what the new platform is being designed for. Camaro should have been much smaller. Perhaps in it's 6th generation it will finally get what it needs.