2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Got this in my email today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 AM

Got this in my email today!!!

Im guessing this is of the new camaro...unless nissan is going retro
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Got this in my email today!!!

Who did you get it from?

It's obviously an artist's rendering, and since there is nothing else to go on than your speculation, this is pretty worthless to me without some more information.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:25 AM

That's interesting.

I still hate the '57 Chevy front fender looking instrument binnacle.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Who did you get it from?

It's obviously an artist's rendering, and since there is nothing else to go on than your speculation, this is pretty worthless to me without some more information.

I don't think he should answer that question Jake. I'm sure he's going to want to get things in the future.

Judging by the details in the rendition, it's the production version dash as it will appear from the OEM.

You don't need speculation to figure that much out.

Things do seem to be progressing along very quickly, doesn't it?

Last edited by guionM; 10-02-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I still hate the '57 Chevy front fender looking instrument binnacle.
Still my favorite part of the concept interior. I am glad they based that on the '67 / '68.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Judging by the details, it the production version dash as it will appear from the OEM.
I agree. It looks good enough to come from an OEM. I just don't like the IP.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:37 AM

Ummmmmm how is this different than the concept?

Looks nearly the same....are we sure this pic isn’t just an artist rendition of the concepts dash?

And…..if it is………ARRRRRGGG! All I wanted was the dash to look more modern!

I’m not happy if that the direction they are going with it….
Old 10-02-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Ummmmmm how is this different than the concept?

Looks nearly the same....are we sure this pic isn’t just an artist rendition of the concepts dash?
Nope, it's not the concept.

The pic has heating and defrost vents for the windshield & side windows. Also has switchwork for the windshield wiper-washer system. Compare the concept and this picture and you'll see the way things have been simplified for assembly. The lack of stitchwork on the dash (unlike the concept) shows a more production friendly way of assembly (seamless and glued to a backing. The guage area is metallic plastic instead of what looks to be polished chrome on the concept. The stereo speaker grille in the center on the top of the dash.

And…..if it is………ARRRRRGGG! All I wanted was the dash to look more modern!

I’m not happy if that the direction they are going with it….
GM made no secret that "if" produced, the Camaro would be faithful to the concept. They are doing exactly what they said they'd do. Judging by the reaction to the car at the Auto Shows it's been in, that's probally a pretty good idea.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 AM

Thanks Guy
Old 10-02-2006, 12:01 PM

honestly, if its that close, puke!

if i want 57 chevy interior ill buy one. in a 2009 car i want nice modern interior not chrome 60's vents and chrome guage clusters and a stupid right guard deodorant power stripe on my dash/doors. needs to look like this! modern! like from the new commodore SS.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:10 PM

My thoughts exactly blue 79 Z/28.

This is almost a deal killer for me.....and I'm not just being an online cry baby.

That was the ONLY part of this car I truly disliked and thought could be improved.

I REALLY wanted to see a more modern interpretation of the concept work its way into the production model.

I wanted to see a more C6, or as blue 79 Z/28 posted, commodore SS look to it....

But from what I can see its nearly cut and paste from the concept.....
Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 PM

This is almost a deal killer for me.....and I'm not just being an online cry baby.

That was the ONLY part of this car I truly disliked and thought could be improved.

I REALLY wanted to see a more modern interpretation of the concept work its way into the production model.

I wanted to see a more C6, or as blue 79 Z/28 posted, commodore SS look to it....

Agreed.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM

The stitching throughout the interior of the concept (regardless of whether you like the retro basis or not) was probably the best part of it. It actually looked "rich" and "classy" ... something CHEVROLET could use a little bit more of (might help their image with domestic haters? ). I hope they AT LEAST keep the look with the seats?! I loved the contrast color they used (instead of using the same color). I really wish they'd put the stitching into production on the dash, center console, etc. ... but we'd better gear up for "reality", eh?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:21 PM

same, old interiors belong in their rightful cars, i thought this car was not supposed to be a retro copy but a new car with some old styling cues. not a pure retro junk interior. gm has never got this but the interior is the MOST important part of the car. its where the driver resides and its what he lives with 100% of the time with the car. it has to be quality, with good seats and tasteful. go look at the mustang which is way more retro, does the interior look like a 65 mustang? no of course not, its plenty modern. even for such a retro car.

i love my camaros, but its the time in my life i buy something for me, not because of a name, if they fubar the interior and make it like the concept, im afraid ill only be admiring other peoples camaros, and buy something else

Last edited by blue 79 Z/28; 10-02-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 PM

I had hoped they were going to do a more modern dash... Where are the other gauges (oil pressure, volts, temp, etc) going to go? Not feelin' it.

Quick Reply: Got this in my email today!!!