2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Great colors! Watcha gonna get?....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

I need to see the colors in person. The pictures on the website are just photoshopped versions of the silver Concept -- useless for making an actual buying decision.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I need to see the colors in person. The pictures on the website are just photoshopped versions of the silver Concept -- useless for making an actual buying decision.
X2! However I'm leaning towards Inferno Orange or Cyber Gray at this point in time.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Odd that I didn't see any of the renderings with racing stripes. GM is still going to offer them right?
It appears from the press release that they will be a dealer installed accessory and not factory.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
It appears from the press release that they will be a dealer installed accessory and not factory.
In Fitz's chat he implied there will be both.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
No Nassau Blue option.....just that muddy ugly @$$ed Aqua Blue Metallic..........aaaaaaarggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain. I HATE that muddy, fuddy duddy blue they are offering. Kind of like that hideous blue available on the Saturn Sky. WTF?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Unhappy Bright Blue Please

I REALLY hope this is right. Please give us a bright blue, Lemans, Nassau, Jetstream...PLEASEEEEEEE!!! A couple years ago my dad ordered a new truck but liked the color on some other GM vehicle. the dealer was able to put is a special request and after soo many requests were entered, GM would make a special lot of vehicles in that color. Maybe this would be an option for Jetstream Blue. Personally Blue with White SS stripes for me!!!
Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
In Fitz's chat he implied there will be both.
Yeah, I just saw that a little while ago. Pretty much everything up to then had called them an "accessory" which I assumed as dealer installed...

But that's great. I'm sure a lot of people would rather have factory if possible. Would be REALLY great if they were painted, but I doubt it.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Exposed Member

Name:  PontiacSolsticeSplashGuards007.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  161.1 KB

Inferno Orange Metallic.
I love that color.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cASe SenSiTive

Inferno Orange Metallic.
I love that color.
Me too. It reminds me of the Lamborghini orange metallic, but a bit more "orange" if that makes sense...and the Lambo is more tangerine. IOW, more of a yellow undertonetone to the paint.

I have a good friend that doesn't live that far away from me who has a C5 Z06 he had done in a more tangerine than orange, but it looks good, IMO. The LSX 454 doesn't hurt it's performance either....
I am not much of a fan of the C6 Daytona Orange or Atomic Orange, which to me look too much like "copper" and not much like "orange"...
This is a pic of my pal's 'vette. Orange is working here... Really working.

Orange doesn't work on some cars, but it definately does on the new Camaro...

Last edited by 1fastdog; 07-23-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 PM

Wow, that's the best pic of inferno orange Ive seen so far. Every pic of it Ive seen on the Colorado just doesn't compare to SOM. Maybe that still means SOM was so much better...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM

Like fastdog says, Inferno orange is more "orange"and SOM is more of a "copper".
I prefer the SOM. If Inferno Orange is like Solstice's Brazen, then I'll be taking that color off my list. That would leave silver and dark gray.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
Black all the way Perhaps silver stripes if available, just like my 95 Camaro.
If I were to guess, I'd say that you don't actually like black all that much, silver stripes or not, given that you pretty much never drive your Corvette or your '95.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Exposed Member

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Me too. It reminds me of the Lamborghini orange metallic, but a bit more "orange" if that makes sense...and the Lambo is more tangerine. IOW, more of a yellow undertonetone to the paint.

I have a good friend that doesn't live that far away from me who has a C5 Z06 he had done in a more tangerine than orange, but it looks good, IMO. The LSX 454 doesn't hurt it's performance either....
I am not much of a fan of the C6 Daytona Orange or Atomic Orange, which to me look too much like "copper" and not much like "orange"...
This is a pic of my pal's 'vette. Orange is working here... Really working.

Orange doesn't work on some cars, but it definately does on the new Camaro...

That color looks friggin' awesome! Do you know if it was a custom mix or off the shelf?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Stopped by a dealer today to see the Red Jewel in person....not impressed, I was hoping for a really dark red with black stripes. Guess it's black.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by cASe SenSiTive
That color looks friggin' awesome! Do you know if it was a custom mix or off the shelf?
If you are really interested I can see if I can get the info. I am under the impression it was a custom mix, but I'm not absolutely certain.

Quick Reply: Great colors! Watcha gonna get?....