2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

This is how the Camaro Concept rolls down Woodward

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:28 AM

Re: This is how the Camaro Concept rolls down Woodward

Originally Posted by jayman350
i like the slogan on that lead truck "when you are really good in a past life you come back as yourself"

i'm liking this more and more, hopefully i'll be able to afford one
yeah i really liked that too, im looking for a wallpaper of it but i cant find one. maybe i'll have to make it myself
Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by StreamlineZ28
Those two chicks in the pics look like they were diggin it but they have to be two of the ugliest chicks ive ever seen

I went back to the first post and looked for the chicks in the pic that I must have missed.

Now I get it.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by StreamlineZ28
Those two chicks in the pics look like they were diggin it but they have to be two of the ugliest chicks ive ever seen
Damn!!! You made me spit my Diet Coke out my nose with that.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
However, Saturday Rick Wagner will be driving it for a bit on Woodward.
tell him to watch for kamikazee mustang drivers.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
weak. very weak. it should've been driven.
well........in a perfect world, we WOULD drive it up and down Woodward. It should be noted that the concept does run (it's been driven a LOT......) as evidenced by the fact that Jason and Chris (and many others) have had the opportunity to drive it.

However........there are a few reasons why this would probably NOT be a good idea:

>Three cars in existence -- one of 'em 'down under' -- if one gets damaged, it takes a while to put it back together -- we have these cars literally scheduled day by day.......can't afford to lose one for even one or two days.

>Concept is not a production car -- extended heat would do bad things to the body surfaces-- remember-- most concepts are fiberglass/foam/sheet molded compouds........not metal..........

>people do insane things -- as it is, we have problems with people coming up to the trailer and trying to climb onto it at stoplights.........in the past, we had people actually open the door of concepts we took on Woodward and tried to crawl in. (there's this thing called alcohol.........)

Anyway-- the best way to show it off from last Wednesday thru Tomorrow nite is on a trailer -- Mr. Wagoner WILL be driving it on Woodward -- then it goes into a tent at the "triangle' for all to enjoy on Saturday .

......by the way -- please stop by the Chevy Display at the Triangle (where old woodward meets new woodward) -- over 50 cars and trucks on display ...from 1926 up to future concepts.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 PM

/\
so your sayin there are 3 5th gens...........one "down under"?....sweet, i hope its furhter along than we thought.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 PM

well you still shoud've drove past the dodge announcement with it. at least it will run down woodward once. when on saturday will he drive it?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
...from 1926 up to future concepts.
Hmm...What future concepts are going to be there?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jbres79
/\
so your sayin there are 3 5th gens...........one "down under"?....sweet, i hope its furhter along than we thought.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...89#post4039489

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
As to how many: (and I don't think I'll get in trouble for this....)

Silver Concept
Red Fiberglass
Silver Fiberglass (in Australia)

Two Yellow cars -- both built by another company off of GTO donor cars.

(and for those of you who thought they were built off Mustangs.......that's just SO WRONG on so many levels.........!!!) (eeewwwww.)

That's it for now!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:26 PM

/\, dang, how did i miss that. i was looking at that thread too....

thanks firestorm!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:42 PM

GM must have better intelligence gathering employees than the CIA, because the rig (white with orange stripes) with the 69 Camaro and the concept car just happened to be going by Dugans Pub when Chrysler was announcing the Challenger concept car was a go.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Three cars in existence -- one of 'em 'down under' -- if one gets damaged...
I can attest to the dangers of the Woodward cruise. I've been to every Woodward Dream Cruise since it began over 10 yr ago. I've seen some amazing (and scary) scenes:

1. The first Dream Cruise was a wild event. Totally under-represented by the local Five-O... so lots of folks were pouring water on the street at designated 'burnout' locations... and a lot of folks were engaging in little impromptu 'performance comparisons' ( ) when stoplights turned green at intersections, even into dusk I was stupid enough to sit on the grass by the sidewalk, so enamoured I was with this street spectacle! Finally I realized my wife and I should move to a safer location to watch.

2. One year I saw a beautiful 60's era Vette Stingray all jacked up against the curb, it's rear end all twisted around. Looked like the owner got all frisky and then went up over the curb with the throttle open.

3. One year I actually saw an accident happen. I was going south very slow on Woodward, and the traffic going north was going stop-and-go about 25 MPH. A line of cars, including a nice Toyota MR2 convertible, stopped. The dingbat behind them didn't ... Man was that MR2 owner mad! I thought for a second I'd also get to see a little fight too....

Be careful - there's a lot of people, HP and hormones there!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 PM

that car can't get to market fast enough
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 AM

every picture I see with people closer to it makes me want to see it in person that much more.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by TA Jack
GM must have better intelligence gathering employees than the CIA, because the rig (white with orange stripes) with the 69 Camaro and the concept car just happened to be going by Dugans Pub when Chrysler was announcing the Challenger concept car was a go.
Now that would have been the perfect time to unload the car, roll past the pub, give it a few revs then a nice little holeshot for the press! Head north a block or two, and put it back on the trailer. I bet that would have made national news.

Quick Reply: This is how the Camaro Concept rolls down Woodward