2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I know I want the new Camaro, but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM

I'd pefer him to have a Chevette or maybe even a Monza, or Vega, or oh wait I know, perfect car to blend in with.. the Citation!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM

If you want the car...buy it.

If you don't want to get pulled over...don't drive like a moron...It's the way you act and drive just as much as the car that will attract attention to yourself. I had a yellow malibu with a 6-71 blower stickin out of the hood for 5 years and NEVER got pulled over. Not saying I'm better than you or anything...but there's a time and place for everything.

As far as "unsavory onlookers"...that's kind of out of your control isn't it??? Honda's, toyota's, nissans, and fords get stolen too...not just Camaro's.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 01-08-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:06 PM

This was obviously the wrong question to ask, I even thanked people in advance for being cool about answering my q, but I should have known I'd get some unintellegent, e-bully keyboard answers. It's even obvious some people didn't read the question. I'm also not one to bow down to a fellow poster because they have a larger post count than I.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 PM

are u sayin u dont want ppl. lookin at u in your new camaro???
Old 01-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Deutsch
This was obviously the wrong question to ask, I even thanked people in advance for being cool about answering my q, but I should have known I'd get some unintellegent, e-bully keyboard answers. It's even obvious some people didn't read the question. I'm also not one to bow down to a fellow poster because they have a larger post count than I.
have you ever searched ebay for a 1st gen Camaro? They brag about getting pulled over just so the cop can check their car out as a selling point. Part of the allure is people wishing they had your car which is the attention youre talking about. Style is a big part of the allure for me.

If you would rather not have the cops attention or unsavory people, its understandable. Buy a sleeper. At the same time thought your not likely to attract as much attention of as many other people. Why not consider a GTO? Or just get a solid color Camaro bare bones base rims with no spoiler or anything?

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 01-08-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 PM

Might wanna rephrase the question then. The way you phrased it is kinda contradictory. You want a new Camaro but you dont want people to look at it. 401 Error - Logic Not Found.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 PM

Ok Deustch. No one here is intending to be mean.We(guys like ourselves) just perceive that to be the issue when people tell us straight up what they think.(Trust me man I know how you're feeling.) Now to mellow down what the peeps here have been sayin. I understand that you like the new Camaro and who wouldn't,but sadly there are people who don't. You're dilemma isn't all that complicated as you make it. You fear that bcuz you will have a fly *** ride that a police officer may not have, they'll pull you over cuz they're jealous(not that this is ever the case), or the cop may be stereotyping/profiliing for whatever reason is also a possibility(but again not always the case).Is is also a possiblity that "unsavory types" as you call them may like your car and want to rip you off. The answer I will give you from my point of view. I'm 19 as I've stated countless times before,so I've had time to learn of the cold workings of this world. I've had people comment on my 92 camaro I had and my 97. I put 18" wheels on my 97 that look pretty damn nice/sweet, I have an aftermarket deck in there and 12s in the back.I"ve got plenty of reason to worry that someone may want to jack my car.But my friend that is a risk I'm going to take. In my driving history I've received about 3 or 4 tickets in my time. One for being stupid and not seeing the motorcylce cop and not obeying the law, another for being young,and reckless,and another was B.S. in all it's glory. My point,these are all factors beyond our control.Risks we take as car owners, no matter what the type car.Being pulled over by cops for whatever reason and our car getting broken into or stolen. These are all uncontrollable factors we face as car owners...(with good looking cars).Now you want the new Camaro when it comes out,by all means my friend indulge yourself.Yes it could be stolen,yes you could get pulled over.To avoid the later just obey the law,which I understand is hard my frined;I've learned the hard way,the VERY hard way.But these are risk that you are just going to have to deal with when the time comes. And I'm not going to tell you to get a toyota,or Huyandai or Honda.Because if you take good care of your car,keep it clean, the "unsavory" types are going to take your car anyway, because you take care of your car and it looks good.They take cars that look good,real good. So don't mind the guys here they mean well, ok.They just give it to you straight and non-sugar coated, unlike me. So take this in,digest it and let me know what ya think/how ya feel. Cyaz

Last edited by BVrider; 01-08-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM

Deutsch-

The question made you sound like you are wanted for warrants by the Police and are avoiding capture, and you are simultaneously worried about getting car jacked . I'm sure you just wanted a less obvious ride.

I'd say the Camaro, especially with an eight, will get you more attention than it sounds like you are comfortable with. When the rental car companies start renting the sixes, they will become widespread and be less of an attention getter. This car is going to be produced in volume. Still, a v-8 rumble will always get you attention in a modern Prius world.

Like another poster said, the GTO is the ultimate sleeper. I would be driving one now if my timing was a little better.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Forums never seem to run short of jerks. You have to be pretty miserable to sit up and type unnecessary comments like that, or you were picked on quite a bit as a child and just never got over it.
Shut up, quit being a pansy, you already knew the answer to this question before you ever got here.

Im sorry, but if you dont want attention, dont buy one of the hottest looking cars on the market. Or just buy a white, bone stock, V6...the answer to this question is more obvious then Donald Trumps wig.

And if you're worried about getting jacked, get some wheel locks, and insurance and quit whining.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 PM

So what type of response were you expecting?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:12 PM

I think he may to be embarassed now to come bacl. No one agreed with him, but there's a good reason for that.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM

What do you guys asy??? I'm just asking to hear other thoughts and opinions.
and we gave them to you. you are going to get noticed by someone. This car has gotten a lot of media attention, so when it hits the streets everyone will turn to look at it. Its not a bad thing either. but seriously, the only way to not get noticed as much(either by people looking to steal it or break in it) is to not drive it as much, and that is why the beater car path isnt a bad choice.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Why ask the question????

The way I see it, Deutch just wanted to get people riled up. That was a stupid question and he knows it.Besides,how could any SANE individual put "Camaro" and "no extra attention" in the same sentence. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
I think he may to be embarassed now to come bacl. No one agreed with him, but there's a good reason for that.
Embarrassed??? Please... It's a good thing my self-esteem isn't effected by how favorable or unfavorable people may respond to me, especially on the internet. Second, I thought "good phd" (or his user name is) reply, however "honest" it may have been sounded like it came from a punk 13 yr old kid, if you're gonna come at me with your opinion, however you feel, come correct, not like some bratty kid. Places like this should be fun and engaging, not a testosterone saturated, cyber macho-man contest. That is totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

As to why I asked this question: 1) I'm not familiar w/ the whole muscle car scene outside of relatives that live in the Midwest that I hardly ever talk to, so I'm a tad jaded in my perception of these cars. 2) Along w/ the assumptions I have, I felt what more an appropriate place than here to address the question as to what experiences some may have had in owning these cars; dealing more specifically with what kind of attention they have received (if any) from law authorities given that these cars are well known for their performance capabilities, along with the fact that there is a stereotype out there for people who drive certain kinds of cars (especially muscle cars).

Let me say, I do apologize if I thought this was a cool forum where I could get some intelligent answers to a fairly reasonable question from what I perceived to be knowledgeable people on the subject. If there is anything I'm always up for, it's learning, and there is more than a mature and respectful way to address others when getting your point across.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:58 PM

As to why I asked this question: 1) I'm not familiar w/ the whole muscle car scene outside of relatives that live in the Midwest that I hardly ever talk to, so I'm a tad jaded in my perception of these cars. 2) Along w/ the assumptions I have, I felt what more an appropriate place than here to address the question as to what experiences some may have had in owning these cars; dealing more specifically with what kind of attention they have received (if any) from law authorities given that these cars are well known for their performance capabilities, along with the fact that there is a stereotype out there for people who drive certain kinds of cars (especially muscle cars).
In the time I owned my previous Camaro's I never seemed to receive any special attention from the authorities. Granted, I'm not a crazy driver either.

As for any sterotype that may exist... I, personally, couldn't care less. I don't let other people's perceptions have any bearing on what I like or don't like.

I, in no way, embody any of the supposed stereotypes that exist around the Muscle/Pony cars. (Trust me, I'd rather not put out my personal business, but I a NOT you're typical Camaro fan. Let alone a STEREOtypical one.)

Besides, most people I run into have nothing but good things to say about the Camaro (and most of them don't fit the stereotype either). Unless they're a Mustang fan that is. LOL

Quick Reply: I know I want the new Camaro, but...