2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I love the Retro seat belt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:32 PM

Re: I love the Retro seat belt.

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Huh? Charlie us old farts have been placing gauges down low near the console for years and been using them without any issues...

Totally usuable, or would you consider these "decals"?
Oh believe me, I've around the block afew times as well jg.

Gauges like that are better than nothing I guess - in a project car/cobbled together sort of way. But I certainly wouldn't accept them in a modern car.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:42 PM

One thing the concept interior doesn't address is where are the cup holders? That might block those gauges in a production car. Plus I'd rather has a cubby or something to put my phone and change. I assume it will get an iPod compatable deck, you need a place for the iPod to sit.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM

And one more thing...

It's pretty safe to assume that the guys coughing up the big bucks for the really speedy car will be over 40.

You know what happens over 40? Your visual system's focusing efficiency is reduced....especially when trying to scan different working distances quickly. You'll eat up a couple of extra seconds trying to scan your gauges down there. A couple of seconds that could be better used (especially at high velocity), looking out in front of you.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Me too. If they do that, they might as well just have four "gauge decals" down there for all the good they would do.

And for anyone that wants them....fine. Just don't you dare ever laugh at a fartcan or Japanese character decals on a Civic again. Why? Wanting unuseable gauges simply for their look, is the epitome of 'rice'.

Think about it.
I certainly dont agree that the old white 69 gauges that were a factory option are unusable or anywhere equivelant to a Neon with a 3 tier wing for when the damn thing takes flight.

Ive seen just as many calvin stickers as *** Character decals, or Vtech inside. I saw one sticker across the back of a 66 Mustang that read

"Though I walk through the valey of rice, I shall fear no turbo"

across the entire rear window...

Originally Posted by Z284ever
And one more thing...

It's pretty safe to assume that the guys coughing up the big bucks for the really speedy car will be over 40.

You know what happens over 40? Your visual system's focusing efficiency is reduced....especially when trying to scan different working distances quickly. You'll eat up a couple of extra seconds trying to scan your gauges down there. A couple of seconds that could be better used (especially at high velocity), looking out in front of you.
I definately like the look of the origional 69 console cluster set up, I wish my 69 had them, but I do see what youre saying as well. I wish that gauges went there that didnt need your immediate attention. BTW look at the tri cluster on the console on the SSR

I like the look of the 69 gauges. Hopefully they would be closer to the origional white ones than new orange if used. I have thought, what if that same cluster were center top dash somehow but I dont know how that would look...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 03-25-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
I noticed the seat buckle on the concept is on the seat itself. Pretty cool. By that I mean the part the buckle clips into. on third and fourth gens the damn thing rubs against the center console, scrapping the **** out of it.
What happens when you have someone in the car who has a HUGE *** and it covers the seat belt part so they can't buckle it?

I'm serious, I have a friend (female) with an *** the size of Australia...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro

Ive seen just as many calvin stickers as *** Character decals, or Vtech inside. I saw one sticker across the back of a 66 Mustang that read

"Though I walk through the valey of rice, I shall fear no turbo"

across the entire rear window...
LOL That's great! I hate decals plastered all over a car (well a tasteful guy peeing on Ford is acceptable) but that saying is pretty good.

I definately like the look of the origional 69 console cluster set up, I wish my 69 had them, but I do see what youre saying as well. I wish that gauges went there that didnt need your immediate attention. BTW look at the tri cluster on the console on the SSR

I like the look of the 69 gauges. Hopefully they would be closer to the origional white ones than new orange if used. I have thought, what if that same cluster were center top dash somehow but I dont know how that would look...
I hadn't seen the SSR interior. I really like that.

One thing I really DON'T want to see on the new Camaro are White Faced Guages like Chrysler uses. I can't even begin to express how ugly I find them. It's the only part of the 300 I hate. They just look so cheap to me. And the fact that they stand out like a sore thumb. I assume they are SUPPOSED to stand out, but they do so in an unattractive way.

I'd also like to see a radio that can be changed out as easily as my 4th Gen's could be. Just pop out the small trim around the radio/heat-ac controls. Not like the SSR above where the whole plastic piece across the front has to come off, and I could never do that myself.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
I'm serious, I have a friend (female) with an *** the size of Australia...

Post a pic.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by lookingforwheels
Post a pic.
LOL I've been trying to catch a good pic of her @$$ for quite some time. She won't exactly pose for it... You have no idea how many people want to see a pic of my friend with the butt the size of a continent.

That, and I think I'd need a wideangle lens to get the whole thing in one shot! LOL

Lemme try to give another perspective. She can't fit in the wing chairs in my living room or the captains chair at my dining room table. She's much to wide for the arms to accomodate her.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:50 PM

Woah, never noticed the 67 center gauges and the early Third Gen Z28/IROC-Z style shifter in aluminum instead of black leather. Well, I did notice the shifter before, just not the gauges.

Last edited by IZ28; 03-27-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 AM

I just hope the belt is made into the seat this time.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 AM

Personally I didnt like 3rd gen seat belts when they were new. I always thought they were generic looking. Solid metal heavy too. I wacked myself in the head in one of my fathers cars GM SUVs when I was younger. I got a knot from that thing head swelled up for days. Yeah it takes me back.
Let's not forget the burns from touching them on really hot and sunny days.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jrp4uc
LOL..I remember that..good times..good times. If they use aluminum they will cool a lot faster (or maybe not even get that hot)
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jrp4uc
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that... the lap belt part would get under your shirt and when it hit your skin you knew it! I think ford did the same thing...
Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM

Did any else notice how high the door panel is in relation to the top of the seat? looks like the 4th gen low seating position.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 PM

Where's the e brake in the Camaro concept?

Quick Reply: I love the Retro seat belt.