2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I'm feeling pretty disappointed....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Prominent Member

Honestly, IF Charlie had titled this thread as something along the lines of " Rumor has it that the Camaro 'might' grow 4 inches...." I think we could have discussed the merits of the rumor and it's consequences in much less of an emotional manner.

Sometimes it's all in how it's presented.

Only a non-enthusiast would want a bigger / heavier Camaro....and that's why I have faith in the Camaro TEAM at Chevrolet....they ARE Camaro people.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 PM

Scott I for one am embarrassed that you have seen this thread. Clearly a lot of people were blowing smoke from the get-go and never had any intention of actually purchasing this car. The expected release date is still ~22 months away and already some are so desperate for an excuse not to buy it that they'll latch onto any negative comment regardless of the context or anything they've heard otherwise.

The silent majority still believes this car is going to be about as good as it can possibly be given practical constraints. We expect it will meet or exceed every reasonable expectation and as of yet have not been given any reason to feel otherwise.

That is, unless some of you feel Scott has been lying to us or deliberately blowing smoke up our asses all this time. If so, have the ***** to step up and tell him so in the open forum as opposed to all this hysterical Chicken Little BS.

flamesuit on. i wouldn't expect anything less from this forum.

Last edited by Dest98; 02-28-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Honestly, IF Charlie had titled this thread as something along the lines of " Rumor has it that the Camaro 'might' grow 4 inches...." I think we could have discussed the merits of the rumor and it's consequences in much less of an emotional manner.

:
Okay, here's one Doug. 10 days ago Autoweek (Feb. 19th issue), reported that the Camaro's wheelbase is going to be 112.3". The concept's is 110.5".

Discuss....
Old 03-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Okay, here's one Doug. 10 days ago Autoweek (Feb. 19th issue), reported that the Camaro's wheelbase is going to be 112.3". The concept's is 110.5".

Discuss....
I can only add the one point that I've heard (somewhere)...that the wheel base was already stretched for the Camaro....causing some 'custom' modifications to get the wheels as far out to the corners as they are on the concept.....go.......
Old 03-01-2007, 06:37 AM

Why should anybody be embarrased that Scott (or anybody else) saw this thread?

Why would anybody need an excuse "not to buy it"? If someone doesn't want to buy it - they don't. No excuse needed.

While we're still talking about "some people" (from whatever point of view you happen to take in this discussion), "some people" are going to eat everything they are fed. "Some people" are not.

Gee....isn't that at least one thing that makes a discussion Forum a....well....discussion Forum?

No, I don't think Scott is "blowing smoke". Yes, I am skeptical. It is quite likely I will remain that way until proven wrong (or right...as unlikely as that may be). Is that "ballsy" enough for you? I don't think I've ever beat around the bush on this issue, and I'm certainly not afraid to state my skepticism directly to "the man" himself.

Personally, I have no doubt the car will have the HP. GM has that market pretty much cornered, IMO - that doesn't even enter into my thought process. Everything else is up for debate. Yup, we're all going to have to wait and see - even the nutswingers. In the meantime, I see nothing wrong with this type of thread being started with WHATEVER title it wears.

Bob
Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 AM

Relax guys. There is no weight issue with VE because although its a heavy beast, it handles like a BMW 3-series and performs like a V8 should.

Why does the concern re weight always reappear?

I remind people that we live in different times - crash protection rules are significantly tougher than last century AND customers don't buy bare bones cars anymore. This means weight will definitely increase over the older models but remember, in terms of performance, the VE is no slouch so I would expect the tighter Camaro to fare marginally better in a straight line and definitely better around corners.

Don't read too much into the specs as the VE is a good yardstick and I would expect Camaro to exceed that standard in almost every way. If you still don't want to believe me then wait until the car arrives at the dealership, ready for your evaluation.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dest98
Scott I for one am embarrassed that you have seen this thread. .
Brown nose....

EDIT: Deleted smilie face.

Last edited by Z284ever; 03-01-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 AM

I can only add the one point that I've heard (somewhere)...that the wheel base was already stretched for the Camaro....causing some 'custom' modifications to get the wheels as far out to the corners as they are on the concept.....go.......
I've heard the wheelbase will be about an inch longer on the production car vs the concept. I've also heard it will be incrementally shorter.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 AM

Wait. I just re-read this Doug. Are you saying that the dimensions which were released for the concept weren't EXACTLY representative of the concept?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Good post Bob. While I will continue to "keep the faith" (what else, at this point, do we got?) I certainly don't feel that any thoughts, ideas, hopes, dreams, FEARS, etc. need to be censored or apologized for in this forum.

We were told to keep the faith even when the last Camaro rolled off the line in August 2002 (man, has it been that long???) We've been rewarded for that. I personally don't see a point in anyone from GM blowing a haze up our backsides, because in the end we're going to see the car in its full glory anyway. So with that in mind, I guess I will just have to sit back and wait.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Wait. I just re-read this Doug. Are you saying that the dimensions which were released for the concept weren't EXACTLY representative of the concept?
Where did you get that? I read what Doug said as he understood they wanted to push the concept wheels to the corners and all they could do was 110 inches. Seeing that the concept has heritage styling based on the 68-69 Camaros (which were 108 inches) we're only talking about 2-inches here.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Where did you get that? I read what Doug said as he understood they wanted to push the concept wheels to the corners and all they could do was 110 inches. Seeing that the concept has heritage styling based on the 68-69 Camaros (which were 108 inches) we're only talking about 2-inches here.
Hmmm...

Waiting for some clarification from Doug...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 AM

Hmmm...

Waiting for some clarification from Doug...
x 2.........
Old 03-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
While we're still talking about "some people" (from whatever point of view you happen to take in this discussion), "some people" are going to eat everything they are fed. "Some people" are not.
In this case they're panning the food before they've even seen the menu.

I personally am not going to fly off the handle because of one comment from one person speculating that the car "might" be a couple of inches longer than the concept. I think I'll just crawl back under the rock with the rest of the spoon-fed nutswingers now while the mob digs out the torches & pitchforks for the big march on GM headquarters.

Last edited by Dest98; 03-01-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by jg95z28
and all they could do was 110 inches.
The Commodore is already at 114.8" wheelbase.

Last edited by ChrisL; 03-01-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm feeling pretty disappointed....