2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 AM

Re: I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?

I too wouldn't mind seeing the fender 'swooshes' as you call it...though at times I do like the cleanliness of the '67-'68 cars where the Concept more closely resembles them on the sides.

I don't mean to say they 'nailed' the '69's exact styling, especially since that wasn't their intent, nor my personal interpretation of it. I do think they nailed the 'persona' of a 1st gen with a significant tilt to the '69 while keeping it modern. The 'essence' of those cars is clear to me in the Concept. That's my personal vision of what I see, and I think that is what their goal was. I think they did that very well.

I think the aspect I like most about the concept is the shape of the car when viewed from above, or looking down it from the front or rear, that classic '69 'coke-bottle' stingray-esque curviness.

The taillights are growing on me. I also was surprised at how 'hidden' the headlights were in the videos of the car driving...wasn't sure i liked that at first, but now it's kinda tough looking to me, and reminds somewhat of the RS hide-aways in their 'effect' on the styling.

Last edited by 2lane69; 07-25-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:55 PM

Yeah, Ford will dump the retro 'stang in the future. Right, why continue with success. Let's do a European, smooth lined, rounded look for all those pimply faced, living on Mommy's money under 30 year old, gum snappin', can't live without a cell phone to their ear, shorts down to their crack type of 'auto' buyers. Yeah, right don't pay any attention to us baby boomers with 30 trillion dollars of pension money to spend. Bring on the retro for 'us' or try selling to those youngsters that once on their own won't be buyin' $150 Jordan shoes or Muscle cars.

Peace out.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 PM

Sure, let's instead cater to the generation the has proven itself to be spoiled beyond reprieve, somehow convinced itself it's owed the world, runs for their momma's skirt at the first indication of change, original thinking or a fresh idea, and has demonstrated no ability to responsibly handle their finances and collectived agreed to let the next generation deal with that debt.

BTW: I'm 34, have never owned a pair of athletic shoes over $80, own and wear a belt, know where the 'silence option' on my cell is. D**k
Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 AM

Ford has stated that not a single thing will remain on the 'refresh' of the new Mustang, other than the centerline of the roof. It won't be as retro as it currently is.

It is true that the boomers have a lot of discretionary income at their disposal, so the auto makers will cater to that.

However, I personally had the most disposable income while in my 20's. I bought a Corvette a week after I graduated from college. 20 somethings don't have a lot of the responsibilities that the older folks do...so I wouldn't be so quick to rule them out, nor patronize them so readily. Many who are fresh out of college earn more than the median income. You do the math.

Last edited by 2lane69; 07-27-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 AM

I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but, the new camaro does look nice, it just doesn't look like a camaro. To me it looks more like what the new cadillac xrs should look like. When I saw the new camaro for the first time I thought, "thats a nice lookin caddy" . If you line up all 4 generations of camaros you can see how they've evolved; now add this new thing to the picture and it just doesn't fit. Like I said, it's a nice lookin car; it just shouldn't be wearing the camaro badge.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Evil Lord Lucas
I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but, the new camaro does look nice, it just doesn't look like a camaro. To me it looks more like what the new cadillac xrs should look like. When I saw the new camaro for the first time I thought, "thats a nice lookin caddy" . If you line up all 4 generations of camaros you can see how they've evolved; now add this new thing to the picture and it just doesn't fit. Like I said, it's a nice lookin car; it just shouldn't be wearing the camaro badge.
how does it not fit?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:45 PM

If you want to know the truth about it what doesen't fit is the Fourth Gen cars. Every other was more was upright, muscular and more angular like the Concept.

The concept looks like they deleted 2nd and 4th and went from there. Which was a good thing to do IMO.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
If you want to know the truth about it what doesen't fit is the Fourth Gen cars. Every other was more was upright, muscular and more angular like the Concept.

yup no relation.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:20 PM

Let me go out on a limb here and assume that if you didn't suck at teh interweb there would be a picture of a black 4th gen where that angelfire logo is..

Seeing as how I drive a black 4th gen Im quite aware how the fascia makes it look superficially to a 3rd gen.

In the same way the latter looks superficially similiar too,

But seeing as how I was talking about the stance, proportions and body style, even if I didnt make that as clear as possible, I think you now see my point. That the Concept is a lot more like the third, then the fourth is.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:51 PM

i can see both of my pics i posted so i was unaware that there was a problem.

the third and forth gens are more alike than the fifth and any other gens beside the first. the last 20 years!out of 35 total of camaro production they have be a low slung, long hood hatchbacks. even the 2nd gen was a low slung, long hood car. the only one that wasn't was the first gen so thats the one that sticks out in camaro history.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:02 PM

Ok, got me there. They are hatches.

But if the proportions are in line, which they are, who really cares how the trunk opens?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM

But if the proportions are in line, which they are, who really cares how the trunk opens?
me. that "trunk" looks useless and i love the hatchback so much and i've needed it so much that it's a deal breaker for me. it the rear glass opened as well then it would be perfect.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:16 PM

When I think hatch I think 80s econoboxes... How many hatchbacks are even still in production? Corvette being excluded...

You telling me that isn't "low slung" or that its hood isn't long enough?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:29 PM

You telling me that isn't "low slung" or that its hood isn't long enough?
sure it is but thats not going to be the one we can buy.

notice the huge headroom?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
sure it is but thats not going to be the one we can buy.
Well **** if thats the case why are we talking about it at all?

Quick Reply: I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?