2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

My Camaro and GM worries~

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyTuinals
Geeeeee I guess you people feel insulted lol
To me when gas hits $6-$7 next year the people that have money (enthusiasts}will be
able to afford the car without talking about gas prices.
I am sure that there will be many of us on this site that will afford the high gas prices.
But you will see 90% more next year will be looking at smaller cars then the camaro..
As for the VOLT the only way you will ever have enough enegy is to build Nuclear power plants.And the lovely Dems will not let us build them so we will still be useing oil for at least another 50 plus years.
If there was going to be any changes
Why would many airlines are still buying NEWER airlines if they are not going to use oil in the nearest future?
And as for GM and Ford
One or both of these companys will be out of business within the next few years.
Nobody in their right mind would buy a auto company unless its a investment or hedge firm.
And as for the economy,I think its doing great.
Only business is doing sucky is the steel industry.
Wish we can import more of Chinas cheap steel but with oil being as high as it is.
China is not shipping any steel anywhere in the world.
Ohhhh by the way I don't use crack,,,,I only use Quaaludes
Narf.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Geeeeee I guess you people feel insulted lol
To me when gas hits $6-$7 next year the people that have money (enthusiasts}will be
able to afford the car without talking about gas prices.
I am sure that there will be many of us on this site that will afford the high gas prices.
But you will see 90% more next year will be looking at smaller cars then the camaro..
As for the VOLT the only way you will ever have enough enegy is to build Nuclear power plants.And the lovely Dems will not let us build them so we will still be useing oil for at least another 50 plus years.
If there was going to be any changes
Why would many airlines are still buying NEWER airlines if they are not going to use oil in the nearest future?
And as for GM and Ford
One or both of these companys will be out of business within the next few years.
Nobody in their right mind would buy a auto company unless its a investment or hedge firm.
And as for the economy,I think its doing great.
Only business is doing sucky is the steel industry.
Wish we can import more of Chinas cheap steel but with oil being as high as it is.
China is not shipping any steel anywhere in the world.
Ohhhh by the way I don't use crack,,,,I only use Quaaludes

lol you can't be serious
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Your right,,,,,,,,
But there are many idiolts on here that think I am lol
Old 07-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Camaro will be MSRP or higher when it first comes out. Maybe after a year it'll be cheaper than MSRP, but there is no reason for the dealers to sell it below MSRP when they have a guaranteed sale to the enthusiasts.

The Camaro will not save GM
GM will make TONS of camaros,they will flood the market so price will be
under MSRP way under.And thats for there 2010 Camaro SS.
trust me that their will not be many Camaro enthusiasts when gas prices are at $7 a gal in early 2009.
I am paying $4.99 a gal now and think I will be paying $6 a gal before years end.

As for the VOLT
You are talking the the wrong people(a car salesperson you would believe?}
If today 1 out of 10 cars were Electric,we would have Brown outs and Blackouts all over the country.And your electric Bill would also jump.
The electric car will not happen for many many years to come.(only way if they build hundreds of nuclear plants}

I would think the Yugo would be back by then.
Actually the volt can run on it's own little engine and still gets 100mpg and still uses electric motors for propulsion and can go 640 miles on one tank of gas
Old 07-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

That would be greatttttt if GM can get 100mpg
That solves all of GM probems now.
I can see GM stock from $10 going to $30 within a few weeks from now.
I am betting on yeaaaaaaaaaa,don't let us down
Old 07-07-2008, 09:46 PM

jOHNNY tHANKS FOR not really contributing to this thread. You said you peace now please refrain. I was actually learning what GM had in their pipeline and how they are / can deal with their cashflow issues. Not too mention the possibility of the Camaro project getting delayed or scrapped.

I sGM conming out with another economy line to go along with the cobalt ?

Why are Saturn Aura sales so bad, and Malibu's soo good ? arent they the same car ?

I think the Camaro is essential to a GM comback.

I also think what may be a great idea for the General is to bring back " THE EL CAMINO " and give it to Chevy. Not a g8 sport whatever.. Pickup sales are low, but contractors still need a flatbed and so do families. A car / pickup that can get 30mpg would fit right in and sell I think.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Don't have time right now to read thru this entire thread --

But some comments:

Perhaps the "brain trusts" at GM were the same people who made the decision at Toyota to bring out a full-sized pickup truck --

My point is that hindsight is 20/20. Who would have guessed a year or two ago that gas would be north of $4 a gallon?

Ford has put a lot of money into the new F150 -- Chrysler has put a lot of money into a new Ram..............

As to which of the 'big three' are in best shape? Time will tell -- but Automotive News seems to think it may be GM...............

Time will tell.

We are in a perfect storm -- deficits -- rising energy costs that spike prices of all other goods -- the housing meltdown -- Dow Jones heading south -- the list goes on. (oh yes -- and let's throw CAFE in there for good measure....)

The next two years will be a roller coaster --for sure.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Don't have time right now to read thru this entire thread --

But some comments:

Perhaps the "brain trusts" at GM were the same people who made the decision at Toyota to bring out a full-sized pickup truck --

My point is that hindsight is 20/20. Who would have guessed a year or two ago that gas would be north of $4 a gallon?

Ford has put a lot of money into the new F150 -- Chrysler has put a lot of money into a new Ram..............

As to which of the 'big three' are in best shape? Time will tell -- but Automotive News seems to think it may be GM...............

Time will tell.

We are in a perfect storm -- deficits -- rising energy costs that spike prices of all other goods -- the housing meltdown -- Dow Jones heading south -- the list goes on. (oh yes -- and let's throw CAFE in there for good measure....)

The next two years will be a roller coaster --for sure.
I am not trying to defend Toyota by any means, because I am a GM guy all the way, but there is a big difference with what Toyota did with the Tundra and CAFE standards. Toyota's average mpg of their fleet was so much higher than most people that they could afford to make a nice "heavy duty" truck without sacrificing power and other features whereas the big 3 have to cut back power and/or go hyrbid in order to stick to the CAFE standards.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:33 PM

Your right,,,,,,,,
But there are many idiolts on here that think I am lol
I don't tend to take serious notice of posts by folks that choose a Schedule II drug for a forum handle...
Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Banned

Hommer simpson would say mmmmmmmm Beer
I say mmmmmmmmm Tuinalf66s and Quaaludes cannot get any
better,my mouth is watering now...............JT
Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 AM

The government may let Chrysler die, but it sure as hell won't let GM and Ford die.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

Why would they save Gm or ford?
I think the goverment willnot even save Fannie or freddie Macs.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM

Ever since this thread was started I have started religiously watching stocks of GM, Ford, and the crude oil price. Things are looking great this week in my opinion. Fords stock rose a little, Oil has come down $16 so far, and GM's stock has shot up 30+%. I think if we don't have any major hurricanes or middle east attacks, we will see gas at close to $3 a gallon by the end of the year and the economy will follow. Also, for all of you doom and gloom people, read this about GM today: http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...67baab4339.htm
Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned

It would be nice to see gas at $3.00 again.
I think fords and Gm stock was down after trading.
The only reason the auto stocks were up was that the banks kicked *** with WFC and JPM.
And with Citi and Bac on monday maybe the auto stocks might go up atad.
But after Monday you will see Ford at $4.00 and GM at $10-$11.....
Its not a matter of Doom and gloom(well maybe a little}
We are just hoping that all the stocks drop so low that we can pick them up for pennys.
Many of us made lots of money in the last 2 days and will be into monday till we all sell.....................
Geeeee maybe if some of you buy 10,000 shares of GM at $10 and if the stock goes over $20 you will make a killing,But they say GM will go as low as $7 a share in the next few weeks and then you can really make a better killing

Last edited by JohnnyTuinals; 07-17-2008 at 07:49 PM.