2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The new premium camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:39 PM

The new premium camaro.

Can take a long hard lick on my premium...... I've been following this car since 2006, seen it at car shows, saved every dollar I had to put towards the car and after all this time, I could barely stand the wait and how bad I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I'm the definition of keeping the faith, I've set my homepage to this forum so that every day before work I could open up the browser and see and new info and pics. Now I feel retarded, for defending GM/Chevy over the 800 bagillion people who said the Camaro would be way over the price of a mustang. And they were right. I defended the interior till the end, loved it and still do. No I don't want a god damned 4 cylinder muscle car. Yeah, they had them in the 80's and that's still just as gay if not gayer then 2 guys making out in the park slightly groping each others legs. Well time to sell my current Camaro and go buy a G8, could've had a new car a long time ago had I known this damn car was going to be a rip off. Now GM could come out and give the official pricing in a month, and hey maybe the pricing won't be bad and i'll regret it. But they won't. and I'm not waiting another year for them to just tell me that it's going to be 800 million dollars for the V8 + over msrp. I've waited long enough, if I don't get headlight pictures, and ballpark pricing, the new Camaro can jog my .......
If somehow this thread isn't locked, who else is extremely disappointed?

Last edited by ChrisL; 03-19-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM

you should print this out and show it to your therapist
Old 03-19-2008, 06:44 PM

You should probably, I dunno.....wait to see what the official price is?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Exposed Member

Ummmm... OK. Enjoy your new G8.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 PM

Threads like this are just FUNNY . So many people take the most general piece of info to farthest possible extreme . Do you honestly think a V8 camaro will cost more than a imported G8 GT .

Unless you somehow know exactly Bob Lutz's definaition of premium , take a stress pill or somthing ...seriously
Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 PM

I too have been watching the Camaro since the day she made her wonderous appearence. I have dreamed of parking a 2010 next to my 67 for a very long time. I have always expected to pay a premium over the Mustang. The Camaro will be a better car in every manner so it will be more. You get what you pay for! The only thing that I do not like about the car is that when I click a link titled "The Premium Camaro," I get to read about the contents of someones pants instead of the DROP DEAD SEXY PREMIUM CAMARO. Anyway, hope the G8 treats you well!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mike got a camaro
Can take a long hard lick on my premium...... I've been following this car since 2006, seen it at car shows, saved every dollar I had to put towards the car and after all this time, I could barely stand the wait and how bad I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I'm the definition of keeping the faith, I've set my homepage to this forum so that every day before work I could open up the browser and see and new info and pics. Now I feel retarded, for defending GM/Chevy over the 800 bagillion people who said the Camaro would be way over the price of a mustang. And they were right. I defended the interior till the end, loved it and still do. No I don't want a god damned 4 cylinder muscle car. Yeah, they had them in the 80's and that's still just as gay if not gayer then 2 guys making out in the park slightly groping each others legs. Well time to sell my current Camaro and go buy a G8, could've had a new car a long time ago had I known this damn car was going to be a rip off. Now GM could come out and give the official pricing in a month, and hey maybe the pricing won't be bad and i'll regret it. But they won't. and I'm not waiting another year for them to just tell me that it's going to be 800 million dollars for the V8 + over msrp. I've waited long enough, if I don't get headlight pictures, and ballpark pricing, the new Camaro can jog my .......
If somehow this thread isn't locked, who else is extremely disappointed?
What the hell are you talking about? You deserve to be called a name...
Old 03-19-2008, 07:44 PM

I'm guessing this is about the motor trend blog about Lutz saying they might consider a Turbo 4cyl in the future for the Camaro, and that the base price will be slightly higher than the mustang because, well, it's a hell of a lot more car.

jeez, you've waited this long and now your gonna jump off a bridge because of a motor trend blog? Probably the same blog that up until a few weeks ago was insisting that the Camaro was coming with an LS2. Relax...drink a beer...chill out. If you really like the G8 (it is a nice car), go buy one. But if you want a Camaro, wait for some official news.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 PM

For what it's worth, wasn't it Motor Trend that said, a month before the Concept debuted, that the Camaro would never resurface and would not be at NAIAS 06?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 PM

as soon as i read "premium priced compared to mustang" it was like a low blow.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Im willing to pay a bit more for the Camaro over a Mustang. Sorry you cant wait, but you should withhold any judgment untill GM makes anything official. Just like everybody else did before the internet is what it is today.

$25K 315 HP Mustang < $30K 400+ 5th gen.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by GMRL
Im willing to pay a bit more for the Camaro over a Mustang.
as am i. but im just wondering how big the price gap will be. Mustang GT here in canada comes out to 35K.

if a V8 camaro starts at 40K, thats going to hurt.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 PM

haha that was pretty funny....

but dude...if you think you'll be disappointed, if they really do blow this for the V8 guys, the 2 years you've waited is nothing. A lot of guys on here have sacrificed a hell of a lot more than time to get ready to buy this car, and have been through the entire life of the nameplate...

This page has been my homepage since 1999-2000! when all i had was a slow 3rd gen, and i first heard the news about the 4ths pending demise...a car you obviously didn't care about prior to the 5th gen.

Just wait and see like everyone else...i have my doubts about the car, but who knows? if you don't like it, sit on the money or buy something else who really cares?!?!

Last edited by QATransAm; 03-19-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Like I said, I'm going to give the new Camaro about 2 months to give me a ballpark on pricing before I go buy a G8. I've drove my ****trap 98 malibu with a glass fuel pump for 2 years saving every penny for this thing. I'm not "threatening" buying a G8, I'm not even saying I'm sick of waiting, I'm saying I want something I can drive that isn't going to start jumping up prices. If you think saying premium priced isn't sugarcoating expensive as hell you're a nut job. Camaro was supposed to stand for sheer performance without breaking the bank, I don't want to pay out my bung for a snazzy interior and a dorsal fin that talks to me. I would be more then willing to pay over the mustang for a Camaro, but within reason.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by QATransAm
haha that was pretty funny....

but dude...if you think you'll be disappointed, if they really do blow this for the V8 guys, the 2 years you've waited is nothing.

This page has been my homepage since 1999-2000! when all i had was a slow 3rd gen, and i first heard the news about the 4ths pending demise...a car you obviously didn't care about prior to the 5th gen.

Just wait and see like everyone else...i have my doubts about the car, but who knows? if you don't like it, sit on the money or buy something else who really cares?!?!
I don't know how much your life sucks but 2 years is alot for me.

The point wasn't that I liked this site. It is better then ls1tech people wise but I just used it for info on the new Camaro. And yes I didn't care about Camaros prior to the fifth gen..Except for the Camaro I took out a 11,000$ loan for working at sears at 18 so I could have a mint Camaro with 20k miles on it.

I am waiting urpy durr I may buy something else. who really cares? Well who really cares about you? I don't. so keep your opinions out of my thread then.

Keep flamin baby I got all night

Quick Reply: The new premium camaro.