2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The new premium camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:26 PM

Even if the top dog Camaro is $40k, where are you going to find a stripped down Vette for under $50k? I checked inventory in my area recently and found only one under $50k with the majority at $52k+ as equipped.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Reference?
There is a little truth here but not much.

Buick is going to use the styling on this car on some of the new models. The nose is a hint at some of the styling the 2010 Lacrosse will have.

The Riv is hinted to be looked at as a possible production car but gull wing doors will NOT be on it. It would be toned down and look similar but it is not going to production as the show car is. I got to spend some time with this car and it is more a styling concept car than reality. But It is a glimps of the Buick future

Many of the new cars will be sold here and in China. Buick is number one in China in popularity. The last royal ruler 80+ years ago used a Buick so they hold some respect for Buick yet today.

Cheers and gears and auto week has had some info on this Riv and future Buicks. We should be seeing the new model in the next few years to revamp the line up.

The 2010 Lacrosse will be the first up and I have heard it is stunning.

Oh and about his Trans Am... Satan will be winging snow ***** before we see a new TA on this or any other platform in the near future.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:30 PM

Not sure what "premium" means, but I said it before and I'll say it again.. If a loaded "base" V8 approaches anywhere near $40K, I HOPE THE CAR FAILS MISERABLY. That would be a complete ball-tap to the Camaro name.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by falchulk
A well optioned GT with premium has MSRP of 30k+............
I will admit I should have probably left out the "well optioned" part in my original statement. I fully expect a V8 Camaro with nice options to cost that much too. While I don't like the idea that the Camaro might cost more than I'd hoped it would I do believe that the increase is going to be a reasonable amount. If I'm wrong then I'll get something else. I think that if you look at the Mustang's pricing with the premium package and the G8's pricing (given the content of the vehicle in base trim) you can get a decent idea of the range that the pricing will be (I'll be very, very surprised if it costs more than a G8).

For me the bottom line on this is the same as it's been for every other controversy that's come up with the new Camaro. When things are finalized I'll decide whether or not to buy it. I'm interested enough in the car to wait it out. If it comes out priced too high for my budget or I don't like the final styling, interior, engine choices, or what ever, then I'll buy something else. If my current daily driver dies before the Camaro comes out, I'll buy something else. Either way, it doesn't actually hurt me any to wait. THE car I want is the new Camaro, but if I don't or can't get it, it will not be the end of the world for me.

For what it's worth, my daily driver is a '96 Cavalier that still starts and runs just fine, but it's getting long in the tooth and I don't enjoy driving it as much as I would something with some real performance (it is at least a stick shift, so I can keep it in the power band, but still...). I do understand the cost of waiting and I do understand how it feels if you wait it out only to find that what you've waited for is either not what you hoped for or not attainable, so I've made the wait something I can justify no matter what car I get.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by MatthewRox
...I was checking on the Magnaflow catback exhaust system for the new G8..... I found out they are price at $1,000... can't imagine what it would cost for the new Camaro. These system are way too tame at stock as we know.
It is that high because it is a brand-new car. Once its been out for a while and competition increases, prices will come down. Likewise, when the Camaro first comes out, aftermarket prices will be stupid high - but they will come down quickly.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
There is a little truth here but not much.

Buick is going to use the styling on this car on some of the new models. The nose is a hint at some of the styling the 2010 Lacrosse will have.

The Riv is hinted to be looked at as a possible production car but gull wing doors will NOT be on it. It would be toned down and look similar but it is not going to production as the show car is. I got to spend some time with this car and it is more a styling concept car than reality. But It is a glimps of the Buick future

Many of the new cars will be sold here and in China. Buick is number one in China in popularity. The last royal ruler 80+ years ago used a Buick so they hold some respect for Buick yet today.

Cheers and gears and auto week has had some info on this Riv and future Buicks. We should be seeing the new model in the next few years to revamp the line up.

The 2010 Lacrosse will be the first up and I have heard it is stunning.
100% of what I had read or seen. However he was making it sound like the concept was going to production as-is and I hadn't seen or read anything to support that.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:59 PM

100% of what I had read or seen. However he was making it sound like the concept was going to production as-is and I hadn't seen or read anything to support that.
I agree with you here... Like I said a little truth but not much more.

The Invicta is also showcasing the new styling direction.

Anyone saying a standard American car could or might have Gull Wings is either still in high school or insane.

That is just like the guy who wanted to argue Pontiac heritage on another web site but he did not even know what Tri Power was..... He was in High School and heritage was a SC GP.

Frail grasp of reality.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Slap
Not aware of any delays. And the new Challenger took 34 years to come out...
At least we know what it's headlights and tail lights look like. And I like the look...think I'll order one
Old 03-23-2008, 10:37 PM

Markup

I don't the think the new car will sell over sticker.

1) As members of this site we are all Camaro crazy, but for the general public, it has been out of the limelight for several years now.

2) It will compete against the established Mustang and Challenger, and imports and compacts are now a bigger share of the performance market than when the 4th gen was introduced.

3) I don't think GM would like the negative publicity that comes with dealer added premiums, and they will produce the car in sufficient numbers.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 AM

Even if the top dog Camaro is $40k, where are you going to find a stripped down Vette for under $50k? I checked inventory in my area recently and found only one under $50k with the majority at $52k+ as equipped.

Go to the Corvette forum, join, contact Rick at Les Stanford chevy a forum supporting dealer, order car and wala....I ordered and bought my 06 z51 corvette coupe for 42.5k courtesy delivered to a local dealership where I live in april 06, from Rick. The MSRP hasn`t gone up much at all and I got upgrade paint and z51 package for that price. I would have got chrome wheels but it was 2k and i could get the chrome oem wheel exchange from WCC for 800 incl shipping. I figured why not save 1200 bucks and I have my chrome wheels.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM

Post Stand Corrected

Let me correct myself again after testing the G8 again yesterday. The two hood vents are operation bringing in cold air from outsided even though the inlets after very small. The vent does not lead to the intake though. Awesome, Matt

Originally Posted by Hylton
There are better ways to take care of water than making so many turns in the flow of air that the charge provides zero additional benefits. Am I right my fellow 4th SS owners?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM

Unhappy

Well advised to the Camaro fanatics my friend!!!! Chevy v4 and V6 will likely move off the lot much quicker than the V8 based on availability and pricing. 4 and 6s are the mover and shakers of this vehicle sales.

So if they markup the 8s unreasonably, the 4 and 6s will still move and keep the model afloat.

You may fold and by a V6 yourself hahahaha!

Originally Posted by Tigger#76
I will admit I should have probably left out the "well optioned" part in my original statement. I fully expect a V8 Camaro with nice options to cost that much too. While I don't like the idea that the Camaro might cost more than I'd hoped it would I do believe that the increase is going to be a reasonable amount. If I'm wrong then I'll get something else. I think that if you look at the Mustang's pricing with the premium package and the G8's pricing (given the content of the vehicle in base trim) you can get a decent idea of the range that the pricing will be (I'll be very, very surprised if it costs more than a G8).

For me the bottom line on this is the same as it's been for every other controversy that's come up with the new Camaro. When things are finalized I'll decide whether or not to buy it. I'm interested enough in the car to wait it out. If it comes out priced too high for my budget or I don't like the final styling, interior, engine choices, or what ever, then I'll buy something else. If my current daily driver dies before the Camaro comes out, I'll buy something else. Either way, it doesn't actually hurt me any to wait. THE car I want is the new Camaro, but if I don't or can't get it, it will not be the end of the world for me.

For what it's worth, my daily driver is a '96 Cavalier that still starts and runs just fine, but it's getting long in the tooth and I don't enjoy driving it as much as I would something with some real performance (it is at least a stick shift, so I can keep it in the power band, but still...). I do understand the cost of waiting and I do understand how it feels if you wait it out only to find that what you've waited for is either not what you hoped for or not attainable, so I've made the wait something I can justify no matter what car I get.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 PM

Let me correct myself again after testing the G8 again yesterday. The two hood vents are operation bringing in cold air from outsided even though the inlets after very small. The vent does not lead to the intake though. Awesome, Matt
Are they actually routed to the intake tract or are they just holes? I wouldn't quite call that functional if they are just thru holes.

Well advised to the Camaro fanatics my friend!!!! Chevy v4 and V6 will likely move off the lot much quicker than the V8 based on availability and pricing. 4 and 6s are the mover and shakers of this vehicle sales.
It would be an inline 4, not v4
Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM

A $40K Camaro would, to me, be off target for what Camaro means and what it was...an affordable performance coupe.

For under $42K you can have a:

G37...$35.2K
350Z...$36.3
GT500...$41.9K
BMW-Z4...$40.4K
BMW 1 series...$28.6K
BMW-3 series...$35.3K
Audi A5...$39.9K
Audi TT...$41.5K
CTS...$35K

I don't see Camaro in that stable, maybe GTO??? They were always a little classier and pricier.
At $40K+ what would you really buy?

And for under $50.5K you can get a:

Porsche Cayman $49K
CLK-Benz $46K
Corvette $46K
Audi S5 $50.5K
BMW M coupe $50.1K

I love Camaro's but if I can get a Cayman for 9G's more, I'd save another year....20g's more, and Camaro is a no brainer.

Last edited by 90rocz; 03-24-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Many quotes -- and more misquotes in the past week.

Do not take everything you hear as gospel......some quotes were taken out of context -- others had numbers and such wrong.

Premium.....the V8 Camaro will not be $37,000 -- if it were, it would bomb.
It will be affordable and it will be in Mustang territory. "Premium" could mean a few hundred dollars......

We think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at horsepower and torque numbers -- fuel economy - and standard equipment -- (Or -- Good ole fashioned 'bang for the buck' ...) This car is going to have some details that 'surprise and delight' -- ......

You've heard me say this before and I'll say it again......there is a lot riding on this new Camaro -- and some of the best in the industry are working on it.......

Have I lied to you yet??????

Now-- go forth with your enthusiasm -- (but when you hear some high pricetag put on the car -- don't believe it -- the LAST thing we'll do is price it.........)

(by the way -- the "12 disciples of which there are 15" will be coming to Detroit in May -- and they may have some impressions for you once they return home.) (.......that is, if we can get them to stop grinning wildly....)

Quick Reply: The new premium camaro.