2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Please watch the video, and take this poll
Video is fine -- I have no problems with GM's involvement
54.86%
Video is fine -- why is GM involved?
4.00%
I have no opinion either way
7.43%
Video is Appalling -- but I'm fine with GM's involvement
16.00%
Video is appalling -- what was GM thinking?
17.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

New Rap Video with Camaro Concept - OPINION POLL

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 PM

Personally, I hope the GM concept shows up in more rap, country, and rock videos. I hope the next President of the USA drives up in the GM concept for his/her inauguration. I hope to see someone toss the first baseball of the world series out of the window of the GM concept. I hope to see the GM concept in a Pepsi commercial, and I hope the next villian of the next popular slasher film has a poster of the GM concept hanging on the wall of his lair.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM

18 and i dont consider rap "music"
Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 PM

I think it is smart marketing as well. Its positive exposure for all the GM cars in the video any way you look at it. I dont care for rap, any of the rappers in the video or the video itself but hey, its a good move in my book.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:01 PM

I do listen to some rap, but very minimal and not the traditional type of rap. Plus I really despise the whole gang culture that surrounds rap. The song is terrible and the guys are awful rappers. On the other hand GM marketing was making a statement and getting their products out there. So I commend them for that. I just hope they get it into some other ways too. The Camaro looked awesome though.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Disciple

The broader the audience the better!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 PM

If calling your females by a certain "b" word is your thing, enjoy!

If bragging about shooting people is your thing, be happy!

If using one curse word in every four is your creed, the new Camaro is for you!

I'm not a prude...................but common folks! I don't want me kids seeing/listening to this. WTF was GM thinking?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Silver2009
If calling your females by a certain "b" word is your thing, enjoy!

If bragging about shooting people is your thing, be happy!

If using one curse word in every four is your creed, the new Camaro is for you!

I'm not a prude...................but common folks! I don't want me kids seeing/listening to this. WTF was GM thinking?
Are you talking about Rap or Rock? be cause I can't see a difference in either one when it comes to lyrics.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Are you talking about Rap or Rock? be cause I can't see a difference in either one when it comes to lyrics.
I've never heard a rock song that has quite as poor lyrics than most rap songs, unless you count what's mostly played on the radio for the teenie boppers. So I don't know where the hell that came from.

Rock seems to be more derived from poetry, or lyrics that actually mean something, rather than most rap songs (not all, of course), which are a string of words put together that rhyme. With nothing much to differentiate song from song other than the beat.

I listen to both, so don't call me biased. Although I only listen to more consciense hip hop, not the type of crap I just trashed just now, althought some of it sounds good (this song by TI sucked hard though).

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 12-11-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:02 AM

I made a thread in the lounge a few months ago about how rappers and rap videos are one of the few "positive exposure" sources now for v8 musclecars. I know "positive" is a term that some won't like, but it's the same thing as was going on in the late 60s and early 70s. Just now it's rap instead of rock promoting the lifestyle. And I'm sure there were a lot of people back then that thought it promoted a bad image.

FWIW, when I saw the concept at the international car show last month there were a lot of people that dressed and talked like they were into the hip hop scene that were drooling over the car.

I think the more people that buy it the better, it worked for mustang.

Also, in case some weren't aware the artist in that song, TI, is very involved in the car scene. He was rich before he got into the music business running a car modification shop or something. A lot of his songs, especially his earlier stuff has a lot of classic chevy references.

23, mostly listen to rock, and a little rap.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:32 AM

30 yr old

I have to admit in high school Ive listened to more than my fair share of Snoop, and Tu Pac. I think Tu Pac was in a video of a convertable Bug that hadnt been released yet.

I think there is alot of ignorance in gansta rap personally. I would NOT have had a problem though IF they had left out the

COCAINE reference and
Tech 9
"shootin 4 brotha's"
Callin women B's

I would have asked them to keep it decent to use the concept. Wouldnt of had a problem of them trying to appeal to this audience. However for the reasons above, as corporation I have to ask what they were thinkin. Having said that Im sure its going to work. BMW and Mercedes have done their share. Good to see Chevy in videos expanding the audience, just wish it wasnt associated with all that.

EDIT:

Oh yeah. HOT car HOT women GOOFY rims

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 12-11-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
I've never heard a rock song that has quite as poor lyrics than most rap songs, unless you count what's mostly played on the radio for the teenie boppers. So I don't know where the hell that came from.

Rock seems to be more derived from poetry, or lyrics that actually mean something, rather than most rap songs (not all, of course), which are a string of words put together that rhyme. With nothing much to differentiate song from song other than the beat.

I listen to both, so don't call me biased. Although I only listen to more consciense hip hop, not the type of crap I just trashed just now, althought some of it sounds good (this song by TI sucked hard though).
Don't even get me started... There's plenty of rock songs out there with pointless regurgitated lyrics, and recycled riffs. That Ti track is a party song. You can't expect to find deep lyrics in a party song.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 12-11-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:48 AM

True, most of the rap that I shoot down is "party music". But I think a lot of that just plain sucks, like this song for example. Or maybe I just don't like the club-type ****.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Disciple

I'm neutral.

If it wasn't for this MB I wouldn't know it existed.

46 ... and obviously no longer going on 18.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
30 yr old

I think there is alot of ignorance in gansta rap personally. I would NOT have had a problem though IF they had left out the

COCAINE reference and
Tech 9
"shootin 4 brotha's"
Callin women B's

EDIT:

Oh yeah. HOT car HOT women GOOFY rims
My thoughts EXACTLY!

43 and married with children....
Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 AM

Age: 41 (with two stepsons 20 & 24 that listen to this crap! )

P.S. btw, I voted Video is fine -- I have no problems with GM's involvement

Quick Reply: New Rap Video with Camaro Concept - OPINION POLL