2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Please watch the video, and take this poll
Video is fine -- I have no problems with GM's involvement
54.86%
Video is fine -- why is GM involved?
4.00%
I have no opinion either way
7.43%
Video is Appalling -- but I'm fine with GM's involvement
16.00%
Video is appalling -- what was GM thinking?
17.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

New Rap Video with Camaro Concept - OPINION POLL

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Disciple

I don't care what cars they're using in their video. Even the "cleaned up" version was offensive, as those guys can't keep from clutching their private parts. Are they using that as punctuation?

I'm 40 and don't care for the rap scene, but hey, whatever.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

26 and married.

Voted "Video is Appalling -- but I'm fine with GM's involvement".

I agree with Dan -- they need to sell the Camaro to as many people as possible, whether they listen crap like this, or real music.

I'm assuming that we're going to see the Camaro concept in more music videos of varying genres in the near future. I think it'll be interesting to see how well it fits in with each.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:30 PM

Age- 32

Horrible Music

But anything that gets the popularity of the Camaro up is fine with me.

SOMEBODY out there likes that crap. LOL So hopefully they'll like the Camaro enough to purchase one as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 PM

I'm 30

While I and many others would have never know this video existed without this board, I still think its bad "branding" by Chevy. I mean if thats the audience GM is trying to apeal to why not go with someone more mainstream like Jay-Z. I think you open up a wider audience by doing that. JMHO
Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 PM

There is a Victorias Secret store in the area that is currently being targeted for being "offensive" and "appalling" for the "vulgar" display in the store window.....a mannaquin with lace underwear. Everytime I hear these people complain about how inappropriate it is, I think how ridiculous they sound complaining about a piece of plastic with underwear on it. This thread reminds me of those old bitter women.

I am 33 and voted nothing wrong with the video or GMs involvement. ...and I don't like rap.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by squiresz
I'm 30

While I and many others would have never know this video existed without this board, I still think its bad "branding" by Chevy. I mean if thats the audience GM is trying to apeal to why not go with someone more mainstream like Jay-Z. I think you open up a wider audience by doing that. JMHO

You act as though this video is the only audience that has been targeted..maybe you havent noticed, but the 5th gen is getting plenty of press in other places.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
18 and i dont consider rap "music"
I agree!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 PM

39 and listen to some Rap...some; country, classical, rock, atmosphere...I keep an open mind. Only a very few Rappers worth my time, who speak about life, politics and peace.
Rap of late does seems devoid of any positive lyrics(value), it seems all the labels want is: Sex, Drugs and Gangsta's...
Not something GM needs to get associated with right now.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
You act as though this video is the only audience that has been targeted..maybe you havent noticed, but the 5th gen is getting plenty of press in other places.
Your right. After I re-read my post it did come off like that, my apologies.
My point is, if GM is intent in appealing to that particular audience, then I feel there are better ways to do that, while reaching more people that otherwise would not have noticed this vehicle.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 AM

Im 25 and I voted that everything is fine. If the concept wasnt in it, no one here would have ever seen this video. I listen to rap along with a lot of other music, and I would have never seen this video. So obviously its creating a buzz... and obviously they werent trying to reach anyone on this board with that advertising.
I listened to a lot of rap in my teenage years, but now I listen to it mainly because I go to the hip hop clubs to dance with the ladies. You gotta keep up with the times if you want hot women to rub their asses on you all night. I was out until 4am this past friday/sat in San Francisco, and let me tell you, you are all missing out. You wouldnt believe the tail in those places.... Listening to that exact music. Thats why I love it... You all sound like a bunch of old men talking about how hard things were in your day. Some people just get old. haha.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM

One thing's for sure, rappers like their rides. The song...well, it seems like Chevy might've picked a better one. A few years ago there was a three part Usher video that used Chrysler's ME-4-12 concept supper car (The car sadly never made production). But in the Usher video, the car was involved in a chase and integrated itself into a story. Those videos were awesome. This video falls way short of awesome. I can appreciate rap, but that song sucked. There's a lot better music being made in the genera. Chevy should have waited for a better opportunity.

Last edited by 99HOSSJOE; 12-12-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

25, male, from Mississippi, thinks rap is of lower iq to "write" .....

... but I have not one problem with GMs decision here. I used ti like most rap but grew out of it as personal responsibility kicked in.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:45 PM

Occupation:Recent college grad and GIS/Mapping Analyst in the Energy industry

I'm not a fan of most rap music, but this seems to be the type of thing that sells cars to the generation of kids a couple of years younger than me.
The fact is that there aren't many mainstream rock bands out there I would like to see jamming out next to the concept either. I mean, imagine Nickleback trying to sell young, hip, urban kids a camaro. Not happening.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM

31 Male New York

Smart Move by GM, Tap into as many markets as possible. Get exposure and a broad spectrum of buzz for your product.
Hip Hop has helped many products in it's time.
What would Addias be without Hip Hop or to a lessor degree the Escalade.

As far as some people taste in Rap, thats fine if you don't like it. But I bet most of your parents hated the Music you listened to as a kid. And current Rap is a product of Corporate America. Labels have more to do with the content that is throw out there than the Artist.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM

...meh

Let's hope the concept starts showing up a lot more in various places in the next few years. I know all types of people from different backgrounds and ways of life, and when they see a nice Mustang, they all turn their heads and say "nice car, I want to get one". I would like to hear people say that about the 5th gen as well.

Didn't care too much for the song, but marketing and promotion seems to be the name of the game. If it creates a buzz, and gets a few more people interested and/or talking about the 5th gen, I guess it's a win-win in the end.

Age 27

Quick Reply: New Rap Video with Camaro Concept - OPINION POLL