2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Next thing you are going to say that you don't like the crazy black and white geometric patterns on the side of the car as well.
My comment on the wheels was just to say that of the different wheel styles I've seen on the prototypes, that the Simmons style is my least favorite. And by putting my "vote" on here I was hoping to have some kind of effect on wheel selection for the final version. Was I out of line? I'm not knocking the antenna, or the reverse lights, I'm talking about the one part of the prototype that is not actually PART of the car and therefore the easiest to change.

Last edited by christianjax; 01-04-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:12 PM

Sunroof and antenna removed.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
My comment on the wheels was just to say that of the different wheel styles I've seen on the prototypes, that the Simmons style is my least favorite. And by putting my "vote" on here I was hoping to have some kind of effect on wheel selection for the final version. Was I out of line? I'm not knocking the antenna, or the reverse lights, I'm talking about the one part of the prototype that is not actually PART of the car and therefore the easiest to change.
I think his point was (and mine) that you shouldn't be looking at those wheels because they are only for testing purposes. It would be like putting a set of space saver spare-tire/wheels on the car and saying you don't like the wheels.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:15 PM

I really don't have a problem with the antenna at all. Just make it body color.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I think his point was (and mine) that you shouldn't be looking at those wheels because they are only for testing purposes. It would be like putting a set of space saver spare-tire/wheels on the car and saying you don't like the wheels.
I understand that they most likely not going to be the wheel of choice. But with all the nit-picking going on about things that are actually PART OF THE CAR I felt like I was being isolated. In fact if it did have space saver spare tire wheels on it I wouldn't have commented. Because it would have been obvious that they are ONLY for testing purposes. How do we KNOW that those wheels are not an option in the scheme of things? Especially if as Jason pointed out in an earlier post, that they may be 20inch customs made especially for the prototype??? I'm just sayin, what was so offensive about my not liking the wheel choice?

Last edited by christianjax; 01-04-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 6Speed
Sunroof and antenna removed.

PERFECT! You rock man!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Bummer. I really liked the reverse lights above the exhaust, but it still looks okay.

I agree with whoever said the car looks BETTER with the slightly higher greenhouse. It makes look even more muscular than the concept.

All in all 9/10.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Anyone else notice that the side marker lights are quite a bit wider than on the concept? Not that that is a bad thing, just pointing it out. I believe the concept had a neon or LED light source for the side markers, I'd be happy with LED's. I know neon wouldn't be practical. And I really hope the Halo's (Angel Eyes) on the headlights makes it to production.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 PM

How bout a yella one.

I couldn't get darker colors to look right.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
Had a few more minutes to stare at the pics:

Things of note:

The mirrors and door handles look GOOD! And they're body color... even on the base car?! GREAT!

STUPID STUPID STUPID ONSTAR antenna is still on the car... at least it's centered in the back and not all goofy and off center like the trucks.

I like the bigger/more realistic turn signals. They flow well with the car.

I'm not a sunroof fan (I won't be getting one) but I applaud GM for making it an option! (I hope it's optional )

Also, the rear pan thingy has been dropped down to be flush with the bottom of the car (the black thing.)

They've also added a "bump out" along the length of the bottom of the bumper (the painted part)

There was no way the concepts were DOT legal.

6speed: Killer man, just killer!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:55 PM

How bout a yella one.

I couldn't get darker colors to look right.

ELECTRON BLUE PLEASE!!!! And if you feel creative, white stripes??
Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Not my best work. Was tough to match SOM or electron blue when starting with a white car. Not really even close, but you get the idea.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Not my best work. Was tough to match SOM or electron blue when starting with a white car. Not really even close, but you get the idea.

sweet thanks, but that sure looks like the blue on the Rustang Mach 1.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:43 PM

Not my best work. Was tough to match SOM ... Not really even close, but you get the idea.
There's my baby!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 PM

No Rally Stripes?

Quick Reply: NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!