2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 02:10 PM

Brilliant idea by GM, embrace the spy pics and use them to help develop the car and generate interest. This is a very new GM and this would certainly not have happened in past decades.

As for the car it's the same white one that was seen on the first poor quality pics. A few things that stick out to me is the body is very close to the concept. This pic along with the other spy pics should put to bed the notion that the side scoup to rear fender width has been altered and if it was it's very minor. Trunk lid has changed a bit, lower lift height now. No rear spoiler and while I don't know it that designates a base model or not, option maybe??
Sunroof??

And for all the nitpicky naysayers that are truly Camaro faithful just think back at the dissapointment in 9/02 when the car stopped production. Remember all the hopes and prayers and pleads that we thought was going on def ears at GM in the dark hiatis years. Then remember the sheer joy of 1/06 and the concept's intro. Our car is back and I'm so glad it is. Sure there are things on this car I will not like but there are things about my 4th Gen's I've had that I was not in love with either. But of all the cars that I can afford in 2009 this will be the only one I will put my hard earned cash down for and I will have no regrets when I do.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Notice......no rear spoiler (read: base model)...trunk lid extends down between tailights for lower lift over....and I still haven't found the gas door?!?!
Thats what I was having trouble with. It was orginially on the drivers side, top of the rear quarter. At the angle the picture was taken, it should be visable, but I cant see it.

I love it absolutely love it, GM sure hit the nail on the head with this one.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM

Looks alright, don't like it without the spoiler, but I will wait on judgment until I see it in production form. Any notice the pictures posted above should the mule with 20's.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by frey51
Thats what I was having trouble with. It was orginially on the drivers side, top of the rear quarter. At the angle the picture was taken, it should be visable, but I cant see it.

I love it absolutely love it, GM sure hit the nail on the head with this one.
It's behind the license plate!

*Just guessing
Old 01-03-2008, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
It's behind the license plate!

*Just guessing
I know that there has been recent speculation about that, and I think that would be a great way to keep the body lines clean. But, there seem to be problems with that such as new safety standards, and ease of use. Personally, I would love that throwback touch, but doubt that is the case.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM

OKAY, I stand corrected. The HIPS ARE THERE!!! I'm a happy man. Can't wait to own one.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by frey51
I know that there has been recent speculation about that, and I think that would be a great way to keep the body lines clean. But, there seem to be problems with that such as new safety standards, and ease of use. Personally, I would love that throwback touch, but doubt that is the case.
None of my Grandpa's Caprices ever blew up (he bought a brand new one every few years in the 80's up until 1990.) Never heard of any others either, but they also had a big *** bumper.

I think it would be great too. Looking at the height of the rear deck, it seems like it could be very possible. I'd love the clean lines too... AND you don't have to wait for a specific side of the gas pumps to be open

Edit: Looking again, it would be a pain to bend over that far to put fuel in. Ideally it should be between the taillights. Maybe it could be old school like the fist gens. It's been a while since I've seen my dad's bird, but I think on his 67 there's a square door in the middle of the taillight panel. That would be cool too... have a popper in the cabin so it's flush.

Ohhhhhhh, crazy idea! Maybe it's behind a taillight, like on the 55's.

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 01-03-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
None of my Grandpa's Caprices ever blew up (he bought a brand new one every few years in the 80's up until 1990.) Never heard of any others either, but they also had a big *** bumper.
Thats the big issue, the old school real bumpers. Not these 15mph, crushable bumpers with Styrofoam inserts. I just don't think its feasible, but hope they figured something out.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I love that they kept the high "belt line" (short side windows) Really makes it look like a chopped custom. Very cool. I really don't have anything negative to say. Except the lack of a spoiler, but I'm sure the V-8 will have one. If not, the aftermarket will be all over it. So I'm not worried. I WANT MY COVERTIBLE RIGHT NOW!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:43 PM

A spoiler definitely adds to the car. It looks "unfinished" without one. My SS should have one.

A nice tint will also all but make the B-Pillar disappear.

I'm all giddy

Giggity Giggity Goo
Old 01-03-2008, 02:46 PM

Is that a sunroof I see?

Sweet Jesus I want it even more now! (without the sunroof, and with a supercharged 6.2L and M6 combo)
Old 01-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Skywise
Roof's too high... Not a killer for me (although the rear will need a spoiler or some sort of trim/lip for me) but it doesn't look as "streamlined" as it did. Maybe if they make the roof lines a little harder and less rounded at the edges?
Heck I'm only 5-10 and I cannot sit in a 4th gen without t-tops because my head hits the headliner. I'm glad the made it a little taller.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

I think it is very safe to say we are looking at a V6 model.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Heck I'm only 5-10 and I cannot sit in a 4th gen without t-tops because my head hits the headliner. I'm glad the made it a little taller.
Wait for the convertible if you need more headroom. I am.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
Wait for the convertible if you need more headroom. I am.
Actually I'm waiting for the Z28 and I assume it won't be available in a convertible.

Quick Reply: NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!