2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by hsyr
Anyone else notice the LS2 on the cover where the intake manifold is? Don't know if the engine has been confirmed but this might put an end to the LS3 or 6.2L debate
Also says Active Fuel Management on the engine cover....I dont think they would put this on the concept if they weren't plannin on it having it...?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM

WOW! a convertable i might actually like

im not afan of convertibles on ANY car except maybe a few farraris but other than that i hate them

i do like this one tho
Old 01-04-2007, 04:18 PM

everything looked good except the white leather
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM

Holy timing!

Driving in to work this morning I was suddenly hit with an image of a retractible hard top thinking I would have to get one. I'm not a fan of soft-tops anymore which is why I like my T-tops. Please please please throw in a hard-top conv and as soon as my kids are out of boosters I'm headed for the Chevy dealer! If they can make it so the 5th gen be used a daily driver in the Northeast how can I say no? Those pictures look FANTASTIC!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:39 PM

It looks VERY nice
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by hsyr
Anyone else notice the LS2 on the cover where the intake manifold is? Don't know if the engine has been confirmed but this might put an end to the LS3 or 6.2L debate
There not gonna blow there cover by just throwing the "ls2" in the thing 2 years before production. The motor there going to put in it id almsot bet money is not the ls2. Ok back to drooling
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Id also like to declare myself an interior-convert.

I like it, now
Old 01-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Love it wish it was in a different color

Please bring back the Firebird / Trans am
Old 01-04-2007, 05:08 PM

I like this pic alot. http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...06cc_ch085.jpg
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM

FOR RELEASE: 2007-01-04

GM Adds Musicians, Major Stars to this Weekend's GM Style Event

Three-time Grammy winning R&B performer John Legend scheduled to perform

DETROIT - Thanks to the creative talents of GM designers, Saturday night's (Jan. 6) GM Style event will have more than enough horsepower on hand. And now GM is announcing even more "star power."

Today, GM confirmed three-time Grammy winner John Legend will perform in the newly-constructed pavilion in the shadow of the GM World Headquarters. Legend released his debut album in late 2004 and quickly achieved platinum status. He has collaborated with a variety of artists and is one of the most dynamic names in music today. Also, fresh from her New Year's Eve performance on MTV, breakout UK recording artist Lady Sovereign will open for Legend. In October 2006, Lady Sovereign's released the album "Public Warning" that features the hit song "Love Me or Hate Me."

In addition to Legend and Lady Sovereign, following are the latest celebrity additions to walk the runway - the stars to accompany the cars - at the GM Style event:

Kristen Bell - Detroit native and star of the CW television network's "Veronica Mars"
Nick Cannon - rapper, writer, comedian, film star and MTV mainstay
CariDee - winner CW network's "America's Next Top Model"
Laird Hamilton - world-famous surfer
Minka Kelly - actress from NBC television drama "Friday Night Lights"
Rosie Perez - Academy Award-nominated actress
Gabrielle Reese - former professional volleyball player and supermodel
Ashley Scott - actress from the CBS television network's "Jericho"
Accompanying the celebrities above, other previously announced talent slated to walk the runway at GM Style include (alphabetically):

Carmen Electra
Vivica A. Fox
Cheryl Hines
Jennifer Hudson
Jimmy Kimmel
Mario Lopez
Danny Masterson
Petra Nemcova
Christian Slater
To date, GM has confirmed the following vehicles for GM Style with the highlight of the night being the world debut of a new concept vehicle.

1951 Buick LeSabre Concept
Chevrolet T2X
Chevrolet WTCC
Holden EFIJY
Opel Antara GTC
Pontiac Solstice Weekend Club Racer Concept
Saab Aero X Concept
Saturn Sky Red Line
2006 Camaro Concept
About GM Style

The first-ever invitation only GM Style event will showcase 17 GM vehicles paired with celebrities and the latest fashions. GM has constructed a pavilion just east of the Renaissance Center on the Detroit Riverfront to host this salute to style. The pavilion, the first of its kind, is longer than a football field, climate controlled and able to accommodate a runway for cars and stars.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:16 PM

FOR RELEASE: 2007-01-04

GM Style Red Carpet Event Delivered Live via the Internet

Parade of Stars Can Be Seen On www.gm.com

Detroit -- The whole online world can watch Saturday, January 6, as Jimmy Kimmel, host of ABC-TV’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” emcees the GM Style red carpet event via streaming video through GM's web site, http://www.gm.com. The event begins at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Those who miss the live presentation can click and view on-demand replays any time.

Web sites wishing to embed the live or on-demand replays of this presentation can go to (http://gmtv.feedroom.com?fr_story=FEEDROOM171912) and click the "Embed Video" button.

GM Style is one of the largest gatherings of stars and cars Detroit has ever seen. Kimmel will be providing interviews and commentary as many of today's most popular celebrities walk through the door.

This first-ever, invitation-only gala precedes the 100th Annual North American International Auto Show. Celebrities dressed in the latest fashions will be paired with 17 GM vehicles including the first time showing of the Camaro convertible concept. GM Style is staged in a pavilion on the Detroit Riverfront just east of GM Global Headquarters at the Renaissance Center. The pavilion, the first of its kind, is longer than a football field, climate controlled and fitted with a classic style-show runway for the cars and stars.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 PM

What a let down:

so they chopped the top off, big deal.
different color exterior and interior, big deal.

That is it???????
Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TA76
I'm digging it! But I don't like the non-body color front windshield frame! It would look much better body color. Scott, please take care of this.
They do the same thing on the Solstice/Sky and I think it's horrible.

I won't be getting a convertible, but I certainly hope for those that will be, that they correct this with a body colored piece around the windshield.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by EllwynX
They do the same thing on the Solstice/Sky and I think it's horrible.

I won't be getting a convertible, but I certainly hope for those that will be, that they correct this with a body colored piece around the windshield.
Us "old schooler's" are just the opposite....windshield frames are supposed to be chrome / SS...painted makes the car look incomplete with the top down.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:03 PM

I think it looks great, though the color combo is not the best.

Check out these colors I made:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...0&#entry235441

Quick Reply: NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early