2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 AM

Am I alone, or does anyone else love the shifter, and how it tells you what gear you're in in the digital gauge?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 AM

ahhhhhh - I had a variety of top styles and a white top (body was white then with hugger orange stripes)....but photoshop couldn't take anymore of it and decided to rid of those.... = (

...if I feel up to it I may make them again, this one isn't the best...but should at least give others ideas and help you visualize it better.

EDIT: the glare was inserted to aid in blending...I had trouble with this particular top
RECENT EDIT: The second pic is with the quarter panel area glass....that's initially what all the tops looked like, but I had problems then and decided to post the others anyway. I will make it look better later when I have time, but figured I'd better get ONE out before everyone yells at me for being stupid (I'll get one with windows up as well).

---

I can't wait to see what the real thing looks like....after staring at the 'vert while editing for 30 minutes, I really am beginning to like it........but I cant - I've told myself my whole life I hated 'verts!!

Last edited by fredmr39; 01-06-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 AM

Poster above- Incorporate quarter windows into your photoshop.

Notes/suggestions/observations -

-Stainless Windshield trim = LOOOOOVE it.

-The "LS2" under the hood - anyone notince that the TB has a bolt thru the very top a la LS1, rather than LS2? Bet whats actually in there is simply a crate LS1.

-Interior = Awesome. Please do something with those two main gauges though, theyre hideous.

-Blue lighted gauges make me happy in the pants.

-Please keep the gas door where and how it is. Please.

-Please get rid of those atrocious exhaust outlet trim pieces.

-Not digging the metal looking trim around the foggies.

-Is the cowl hood taller on this car than the coupe or am i nuts?

-Black and white interior- KILLER

-4 words- RED AND BLACK BOWTIES!!!! Gold is for trucks.

When do we get to see it with the top up?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 AM

very nice work fred. Its tough to make a car still have clean lines when you have a piece of canvas on it, lets hope they keep it clean like that =)
Old 01-05-2007, 07:44 AM

anybody know how big the rims are? Same as the coupe or smaller?

edit: nevermind I see they are still 22s in the back. Anyone notice the "not for highway use" on the front tires

Last edited by detltu; 01-05-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:24 AM

As Borat might say: "Very nice" .... at least with the top down... that rendering of the top up reminded me immediately why i am not a fan of ragtops.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 AM

i'd love a black vert with silver strips. that would be bad
Old 01-05-2007, 09:27 AM

wow, that looks sleak! the strips arnt bright enough to be real "showy", yet dark enough to look mean/fierce. i love how the interior looks with that color combo.

now that i think about it, they should have a 2 seater version, and a 2+2. 2 seater would be preety cool.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:38 AM

We need a top rendering w/ the quarter windows accounted for....bad.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 AM

WOW that's a great looking car!!!! The interior is so much better lookin then the coupe. Now to the dissapointment rant...I wish it was a closer to production Convert. I'm begining to realize why the imports do better in sales. The concept is shown closely followed by the production which looks very close. I'm not saying the new Camaro won't be close to the concept as obviously it will. I'am saying that the Coupe concept was good, and the convert is ok, but I mean the convert is still really just a concept rollin on 21"s and 22"s. The door handles are the size of a manual shaving razor and the interior is far from production. Add the the fact that the car is still a Year a way. Why such a long wait? The plant needs to open/ retooling etc etc... This car should of been out in 2004.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 AM

welcome to the 5th gen discussion forum CamaroZ282008.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
We need a top rendering w/ the quarter windows accounted for....bad.
Sorry - I did have that initially...the one above was kinda just me messing around, but I lost my other tops (I had 3 other styles)....I'll have to draw them up from scratch - I'll do it later today if nobody else does.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 PM

Anyone else like the interior but think the gauge cluster looks like an afterthought??? I like the digital read out in the middle but would much more prefer a HUD. I think the gauges look bulky and I'm not feeling the metallic gauge idea. The style was okay, but let's leave this look behind in the 60's please.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM

My critique/opinion:
* those wheels look a lot cooler than the coupe concept's
* I love the stripes, they are perfect.
* I still don't like the spoiler completely, I would want a larger one that doesn't stick straight up. I want it more like a bigger 3rd gen ducktail and a more sloped angle. I think right now, the front end feels REALLY heavy, and a slightly larger spoiler helps (thought not much) to balance out the 'weight' the front end appears to have. (see pic) Although I'm not going to waste my tip photoshopping it, if the front wheels were an additional inch smaller than the rear ones, the balance may appear more equal. Right now, the concept appears front wheel drive, because the front end appears so massive. I've seen the coupe in person, and in person, on a platform, it doesn't appear this way, but I don't know about when it is on the ground.
* I'm starting to heavily dislike the fake exhaust tips and that entire fascia back there. I really hope they don't make it to production like that. The shape or something is starting to bother me, I think the worst part is the gap (see correction in photoshopped pic I am posting). The thought of having chromed plastic rings hiding my real tips bothers me. Looks like crap on this new concept. The diffuser needs to be painted flat black or something, because it shouldn't ever appear gray in a pic.
* The interior color scheme is PERFECT. That is exactly what I want in my new Camaro! I hope "exterior paint matching leather stitching" is an option because I would LOVE to have bright blue stitching on my black leather in my '69 Le Mans Blue (sorta like Nassau Blue) Camaro
* The gauges have won me over, I love them with that blue ring

Overall, great! But see my mods in the flash animation below.
4 frames:
1- no changes
2- changes to rear fascia
3- larger spoiler
4- Le Mans blue

Large file, and the frames change every 5 seconds, so be patient.
http://members.aol.com/speedbbb/cama...bleconcept.swf
Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM

I was already thinking about buying a vert, and now I'm sold completely. I still like the concept wheels better, but wheels can always be changed. I like the styling of the guages, but the digital part is fairly small. Overall I just can't wait.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early