2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Saleen confirms intent to produce version of Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: Saleen confirms intent to produce version of Camaro

Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Chevrolet
Forever known as a tuner of all things Mustangs, Saleen is going to be broadening its portfolio to include more than just that one pony car in its corral. An interview with Steve Saleen by CarCrazy.com Assistant Editor John Breaux reveals that Saleen will likely be working with General Motors on future products, including the new Camaro.

Saleen also reveals that the Camaro's top end V8 will be a 6.2-liter producing 450 horsepower that will also be the new base engine in the Corvette. The Camaro's base V8, he goes on to say, will probably be a detuned version of the same engine. From there, Saleen plans to have a base Camaro model available making around 485 horsepower, with a supercharged version producing 600 horsepower. Saleen has been buddying up with General Motors on the set of the new Transformers movie, where a new Camaro has been cast to play the part of Bumblebee.

[Source: Stangnet.com]
Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments
BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD A new documentary series. Be part of the transformation as it happens in real-time

More...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 PM

What the hell is Newsbot?

We already have Guy........
Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Administrator

It's our automated RSS Newsbot
Old 11-10-2006, 07:39 AM

we knew this like a week and a half ago.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:49 AM

Maybe it should be renamed "OldNews Bot", for those who have been away on vacation for about 3 weeks.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
we knew this like a week and a half ago.
Not only that, but isn't this the 3rd or 4th re-post... S-E-A-R-C-H
Old 11-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

I don't think you quite understand how it works. It cannot S-E-A-R-C-H because it is not human, it is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-E-D.

It yanks news from news sites as it is posted the major automotive news sites who offer RSS news feeds. You will find that in the future this will make your lives MUCH easier because when it grabs the news, it posts them here automatically, ready for people to reply to it. It even stickies it for an hour. You won't always have to hunt around for new news, then copy it than paste it to talk about it. Of course, it isn't perfect (as you already have made very clear) so it doesn't grab ALL news bits, but it is set to grab news from a few of the well-known automotive news sites with the keyword "camaro".

We just enabled it last night and because there hasn't been any recent news in a while, it pulled what was most recent from one. In this case, it grabbed what was still out there so of course it is old. Give it some time, you will learn to love it.

And no way could it ever replace Guy, Charlie, etc. This grabs uh...more "public" news and not the good dirt.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:31 AM

Ha ha.... guess I was

Originally Posted by JasonD
I don't think you quite understand how it works. It cannot S-E-A-R-C-H because it is not human, it is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-E-D.

It yanks news from news sites as it is posted the major automotive news sites who offer RSS news feeds. You will find that in the future this will make your lives MUCH easier because when it grabs the news, it posts them here automatically, ready for people to reply to it. It even stickies it for an hour. You won't always have to hunt around for new news, then copy it than paste it to talk about it. Of course, it isn't perfect (as you already have made very clear) so it doesn't grab ALL news bits, but it is set to grab news from a few of the well-known automotive news sites with the keyword "camaro".

We just enabled it last night and because there hasn't been any recent news in a while, it pulled what was most recent from one. In this case, it grabbed what was still out there so of course it is old. Give it some time, you will learn to love it.

And no way could it ever replace Guy, Charlie, etc. This grabs uh...more "public" news and not the good dirt.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:08 AM

That's a pretty badass idea, though.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 AM

450 hp is going to be in my driveway. ASAP.

Thats bad ***. But there is no way i would blow the cash for 35 extra hp, when i can go do it myself, Saleen is a HUGE ripoff.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:28 PM

WOW!! This is really amazing!!!

Maybe I haven't kept up with the latest internet tech, but I find this facinating, not to mention a great idea!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 PM

This is the part I'm drooling over:
with a supercharged version producing 600 horsepower
Only problem is; what to do with my turbocharged 4th gen?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:50 PM

The Saleen 281 is a complete joke. Way way over priced for its performance. I hope Chevy keeps this car away from Saleen as long as possible. Give it to a tuner who doesn't want to gouge customers. Or maybe Chevy will do it themselves to compete with the Super Challenger.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dacook

I'll trade ya for my GTP?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by dacook
This is the part I'm drooling over:

Umm.. crank up the boost and drool over it once again.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Saleen confirms intent to produce version of Camaro