2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:37 PM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

[Quote] the best part of the car is that it has a wide wheel base and big rims, not the little 14 or 15" wheels cars get now days.

what is this guy talking about?? 14 or 15" wheels??? most cars today ride on 17" wheels stock!! hell even new dodge 1/2 ton SLT pickups ride on 20s STOCK!!. mustang GTs come standard with 17" wheels and optional 18" wheels. its time to wake up and enter the new millenium dude. 15" wheels went out of vogue in the 1980s
Old 01-15-2006, 02:45 PM

Re: camaro concept some facts and opinions

Originally Posted by moparmat
lets look at the current mustang GT. you can get the base deluxe GT hardtop fastback with 5 speed manual, 300HP V8 (after january 2006 its now 340HP),
Huh?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:56 PM

340? Sorry...nope. Mustang has always been slow to increase HP. I doubt the new Camaro scares them THAT much. Starting a HP war with the Camaro is pointless, ford goes there with the Cobra only, not the base Mustang.

And if you want a retro car, then buy a dodge. Kuddos to the design team for not doing very much work by completly copying a car. Camaro doesn't look retro...it's not supposed to. Get that out of your thick skull. The 5th Gen Camaro is the offspring of the muscle car. He isn't supposed to look just like his parents, but he has similarities.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 01-15-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Huh?
i have been doing research on the new 06 mustang GT to possibly buy one, that is until i see a production ready challenger and camaro. only then will i decide on one of the 3 to buy. the new 2006 mustang GTs with a build date after january 1st 2006 have revised intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, cylinder heads and cams, and a slightly tweaked computer. this was originally to up the fuel economy from 25MPG highway to 27MPG highway on 5 speed models. this upping of effiency in the engine also had the dubious effect of increasing the HP 40 more to 340 HP and upping the torque 20 more from 320 foot Lbs to 340 foot Lbs. this is unbiased and is fact.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:02 PM

If so, tell us where you got the information. If you want to say something that you wish to be believed as fact, people need more than you just saying so, give us a source.

I have a 500HP 3.4L Camaro. I have no dyno sheets. Just trust me =).
Old 01-15-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by moparmat
i have been doing research on the new 06 mustang GT to possibly buy one, that is until i see a production ready challenger and camaro. only then will i decide on one of the 3 to buy. the new 2006 mustang GTs with a build date after january 1st 2006 have revised intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, cylinder heads and cams, and a slightly tweaked computer. this was originally to up the fuel economy from 25MPG highway to 27MPG highway on 5 speed models. this upping of effiency in the engine also had the dubious effect of increasing the HP 40 more to 340 HP and upping the torque 20 more from 320 foot Lbs to 340 foot Lbs. this is unbiased and is fact.
Not that I doubt you...I hope you're right. But I follow these sorts of things VERY closely, and this is the first I've heard of it. BTW, the Ford website still has hp listed at 300.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM

i have a friend who is a local ford dealer wrench. one of the salesmen showed him a recent official ford dealer press release detailing the changes made to the cars engine for performance and economy to start with january 06 models of GT. the reason ford originally did this was to try to get more fuel economy out of the V8 GT since at $2.30 or more per gallon you now got to show you can get good fuel economy along with performance. however as a side effect by making the engine breathe more efficiently they also got more power as an added bonus. i doubt this had anything to do with a HP race with the camaro which has a couple years to go before its produced anyways. the dealer brochures are already printed up for the year. changes are made as the manufacturer sees fit and may not be on the brochures.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:25 PM

If they are being built now, why doesn't Ford talk about it?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
340? Sorry...nope. Mustang has always been slow to increase HP. I doubt the new Camaro scares them THAT much. Starting a HP war with the Camaro is pointless, ford goes there with the Cobra only, not the base Mustang.

And if you want a retro car, then buy a dodge. Kuddos to the design team for not doing very much work by completly copying a car. Camaro doesn't look retro...it's not supposed to. Get that out of your thick skull. The 5th Gen Camaro is the offspring of the muscle car. He isn't supposed to look just like his parents, but he has similarities.
thick skull

OUCH!! dont take it all so personal. i like all muscle cars. just some shapes more than others. you should read the rest of my original post about pricing. i am only saying that the mustang GT in base deluxe form is priced right. it always has been.

GM got piggish with the money and the only way to get the hot V8 models was to pile on the options to get the V8. most 18 to 24 year old males who want a new muscle car dont have a lot of cash but want the V8. mustang was always bang for the buck the old LX 5.0 was even more so. not that i didnt like the 3rd and 4th gen cars but when you can save $7k on a strippo GT over buying a full tilt loaded 4th gen SS kudos to the stang my friend.

we can all hope GM and Chry.co. follow fords lead and make affordable performance versions of these cars, and make the options exactly that options to be added on top of the performance base package. this is why the mustang is so successful even when GM was failing their market demographic with the 4th gen cars so miserably with the high pricetag on them.

dont get so testy man its only a forum. keep an open mind. there is much to learn about everything.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
If they are being built now, why doesn't Ford talk about it?
i dunno. i dont work for ford. i am sure once all the 300HP engines that are already built are in the cars and the 340 HP engines are being installed they will make an official release to the public, or maybe they wont. maybe they will get somebody with an early 06 300HP car whining that he wants the better engine, and is pissed off. who knows what. i do know that the stock 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system flows so good that when hot rod magazine swapped on flowmasters the car made no more power on the dyno.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Sorry, I'm just tired of people saying it's not retro enough, or even worse, people saying it's too retro (huh?). I was being a little aprehensive. I apologize.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:39 PM

Sounds like a reasonable source...I reluctantly believe you. Reluctant because I don't want to....However, it would be a fun test drive when it comes out =).
Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=MarcR94v6]340? Sorry...nope. Mustang has always been slow to increase HP. I doubt the new Camaro scares them THAT much. Starting a HP war with the Camaro is pointless, ford goes there with the Cobra only, not the base Mustang.

if you actually read my post before firing off some hate mail you would have read that the reason ford did this was to increase the V8s fuel economy to help its sales in this environment of ever climbing gas prices. the increased power was a welcome side effect but was not the original intention of the redesign. i dont think this was in response to a camaro that until now has only been a rumor running around with concept drawings.

come on man get some common sense. i like all muscle cars but i also like bang for the buck. id rather get the strippo V8 performance version, and spend my extra cash hopping it up, than having to buy all the extra weight adding money sapping options just to have the V8.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:47 PM

I could not have read your post before firing off, because what you quoted was posted 4 minutes before you explained yourself.

Read my 2 posts above you.

Now let's stop bickering and get back to the topic....

I'm still surprised that we have less than 500 votes, with all the members we have on the site. It seems many people jsut don't read this forum all that much.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 01-15-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stormbringer1969
Typical GM - designed by too many people, with no coherence..just as the new vette looks like an acura NSX from many angles, the camaro has too many vette cues in it. Also the nose looks like something more at home on a cadillac. GM's always look like a mishmash of styling cues from cars they already make, or somebody elses.

the challenger concept got it right.. it at least looks like it was designed by a team that had a common vision. same with the 'stang.

I thought GM screwed up the camaro by making the 4th gen too similar to the geo storm in overall looks.. they still can't get it right.

they make good trucks though.. as far as Camaros, I'm happy with my 69.

Tom

:wtf:

You're right, it takes more vision to make an exact copy of a 70 classic, than it does to a make a modern car with retro cues in it.

Perfect sense.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll