2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:59 AM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Out of so many people on the site, I would have thought there would be more voters. Come on guys, GM is probably watching this site, among others as feedback.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:56 AM

Okay, after reading a lot of posts, I feel the need to chime in. I am one of the lucky few who got to work on the concept this year. So I have been fortunate enough to see it from that point of view. I have been reading a lot of positive feedback, and I want to thank everyone for that. Not because I am the one to thank, but because the people who slaved all year over this concept appreciate it. It's the payoff. Every night and weekend sacrificed makes you wonder if it's worth it, but when you see that car under power and hear that deep GM V8 rumble... Damn I love it.

I want to say there have been so many suggestions on grille/headlamp changes I would like to comment on it. The people involved are very good at what they do. There were so many damn good ideas I don't know where to start. The bottom line is that it comes down to buildability and cost. There is a shocking amount of government criteria that must be met in lighting and engine cooling and it drives a lot of the design process.

I hope the enthusiasts will be able to stand behind this car. It may be the last of a breed. We get so much flack for fire breathing fossil fuel gas guzzling monsters, that I wonder how much longer we can sustain this genre without huge compromises. Everyone is feeling the V8 bite at the pump and I hope we find an alternative soon. (alternative to high gas prices, not V8's) Okay, doom and gloom aside, I want everyone reading these posts to realize everyone involved was so charged up about this project, that people could barely contain themselves. You should have seen the image boards. There wasn't enough room to put all the ideas. So trust me when I tell you almost every avenue was exhausted before making a judgment on the final design. Nothing was taken lightly... NOTHING.

Everyone has an opinion on what they believe should be done, but you HAVE to give props to the design. It isn't watered down, and it is twist and a poke away from production. That's the beauty of it. It was not pie in the sky show vehicle. All of that sheet metal hangs on a real chassis, and almost every criteria was met. A lot of design ideas had to be changed to keep it real as a matter of fact. Bob Lutz is aware of every move, and he wanted it buildable as you see it. This Camaro is the bold statement GM needed. I am a huge muscle car fan, and I have been left wanting in so many cars we've seen lately. The GTO is a great piece of engineering, but every Muscle car fan has to shake his head at the final design. Hopefully, the energy and passion for this camaro will put them on the right track as far as styling.

K, that's my 2 cents worth. Let me end with my perfected Camaro, since I so desparately wanted my ideal design as well. See the light catcher above the rocker? I want it to pierce all the way to the rear or the car. (it would finish that gesture) I want to shorten the overhangs, and get the wheels as far as humanly possible to the corners. (ultra modern) I would let the headlights be a part of the design. and not hidden. Possibly cutting into the lower grille opening like angry eyes. I would change the taillights to something with more bling, and lastly, beef up the side mirrors. I am going to have to buy one when it hits, and make my perfected version. (maybe if I have a few minutes to my name I'll p-shop my version up, and post it.)

On a last note, I don't know if Kris Horton went to college for trans design or not, but I see surfacing flaws on his wehicles that would never be able to be overlooked at the general, but he has the passion, and the eye, and I hope he takes it full circle and gets the degree. I'd love to see him in the studio I'm in someday.

Peace,
Gumby
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 AM

Location: New Whiteland, Indiana (just south of Indianapolis)
Angry Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Originally Posted by PaintBallR
#1. The price is going to be the most important thing. That will determine wether or not the car will sell....of course. GM has to compete price wise with Ford That was the reason they stopped selling them in the first place!
The Mudstang is one of the #1 selling cars right now and it's not because it a good car, well all know it's a POS it's the price. A GT fully loaded for under 37G's....you can't beat that. You have power,the drive and the look for a decent price, although 35,000 a good price? Times have changd haven't they :

The reason that the Mustang is a hot seller right now is that it looks like a Mustang. A '66-68 Mustang Fastback. And in 2006 they are now offering the "Pony" Package. That now makes it look like the '64 1/2- '66 Notchback.And here in the states, a fully loaded 5-Speed is $29,480. Bob Lutz is an idiot, He needs to make this more retro than this. Hell my 6 year old can draw a better looking Camaro than this. I hated the 4th gen, It looked like an oversize Geo Storm. The '85 - '92 3rd gens got better looking. They looked like a Muscle Car. But if you think this Camaro is going to be under $40,000 U.S., then I got a bridge to sell you in New York.

Plus, It's still up in the air on what GM will do with this. They are still talking about making this a "Green" (Hybrid) car, and are toying with the idea of making it FWD.

I say kill off the name Camaro , before you make the same mistake you made with the GTO. It still won't out sell the Retro Mustang. People my age and older (I'm 34) want a Muscle Car, Not a Rice Burner!!!!

And just to let people know, I'm a fan of all Muscle Cars, not just one in perticular. To bad this poll didn't offer negitive numbers. I'd give it a -10 instead of the 1 I gave it. A 1 is still a positive number, This car sucks!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:36 AM
MKS

9 Maybe a few small changes, something with the front end, but overall I love it, I just hope they build it and its priced right.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:29 AM

Cool Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

I would give it a 10...The Silver Bullet scearms, "THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR,SO CUT THE CK"
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 AM

Gumby,

Thank you and your team for our Camaro and thank you for the insider knowledge you've shared wirh us.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 94irocss
The reason that the Mustang is a hot seller right now is that it looks like a Mustang.
i disagree.. while the hot sales do have to do with a redesign.. it is not a huge seller because of it being a new design, different, unique, and it evokes emotion in a lot of people, thus promoting emotional purchase rather than practical ones..

the camaro is a great looking car, it does look very much like a muscle car, and it definately has a few details that shout to the world that it's a camaro, but it is more modern than the mustang, and in my opinion, will not stale nearly as quickly.. the fact that it's an all new design, and a great looking one .. will do the same as the redesign did for the mustang

Originally Posted by 94irocss
But if you think this Camaro is going to be under $40,000 U.S., then I got a bridge to sell you in New York.
um.. Mr bob lutz himself has said otherwise.. it sounds like they got a business model all ready to go.. read:
If we were to do this car, we would ...base price it as close to twenty thousand as possible. .... .... The business case for this car would demand that we sell between a hundred and a hundred and fifty thousand a year, sort of the same volumes as the Ford Mustang. And that would mean that a V6 base car would have to be just a little bit over twenty, but certainly well south of twenty-five. And then with the top V8 versions probably either just below thirty or slightly over thirty. Then you would have a good comercial proposition...... This is not a luxury sports car. If we do it, it will be a high value popularly priced sporting coupe.
Plus, It's still up in the air on what GM will do with this. They are still talking about making this a "Green" (Hybrid) car, and are toying with the idea of making it FWD.
where the hell did you hear that? that's the biggest crock.. nevermind
Old 01-11-2006, 11:36 AM

If you go here

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/coverage....w=autoshow2006

And click on streaming video for the Camaro, after the Camaro it goes right into the Dodge Challenger video.
I REALLY hate to say this (especially on this board), but DANG that Challenger looks good.
The smooth body lines actually to me look more like the 1st gen Camaro than the Camaro Concept with its crease and side-mold which look too much like Mustang for my taste. And a hi-perf. 425 hp Hemi...
It might be a tough choice....

Maybe GM will smooth out the Camaro some? Please?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:38 AM

I hope that Chevy builds a new Camaro as much as anyone. However, this concept is a dud in my opinion. It looks that a Rap Daddy car from the Getto. If GM wants a retro look, just make it look exactly like a 68(preferred) or a 69 camaro. Add all of the modern driveline and interiors. Be hard to build enough of them. This concept looks like 69 clone went bad.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 AM

You will never please everyone all the time, the goal is to please the majority, and I think that has been done with this Camaro Concept..I love it..good job. I have owned 9 new Z28's from 78 to 99. Two were the 1Le optioned. They quit the Camaro so there is a new Mustang GT in my garage now. Build the Camaro and the Mustang will be gone, keep it under 30K, UNDER 3400 lbs, the GTO is a heavy tank. And offer the 1Le option again..but dont screw it up with AC like the later ones. Some of us want bare bones for the road course track days. NOW TELL THE WORLD IT WILL BE BUILT and Mustang sales will slow down while people wait for the return of a legend. Thanks again for keeping our hope's and dreams alive.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Awesome
Old 01-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by gumbydammit
Okay, after reading a lot of posts, I feel the need to chime in. .........
Everyone has an opinion on what they believe should be done, but you HAVE to give props to the design..........
Peace,
Gumby
Gumby, thanks for chiming in.. I love it when people who actually worked behind the scenes give their input..

i know it may seem like we are nit picking the concept to no end with our recommendations for changes.. but please understand, we wouldnt even bother if we didnt care.. everyone here loves the Camaro, and a lot of them absolutely love the concept.. and everyone's opinion is different on the details.. but overall i think that everyone who's left comments here has definately given props to the design, i know i have
Old 01-11-2006, 12:57 PM

love the ***-end and the sides also like most of interior. but the front "no"

i would like to see it with the front end from 1970.

that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 01-11-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
I love these changes guys!

The more and more I look at this car, the more and more I see MUSTANG on the side (doors into the rear quarters). I LOVE the car and I gave it a 9 out of 10 (always room for improvement, right? ) but I've shown the picture to a few guys at work, and almost ALL of them have said
"that looks a lot like a Mustang".
Regretably, I somewhat agree .

A couple examples:

The interior is alright though. Sure, maybe it's a little "flashy concept" looking, but I'm sure a production version would be more realistic and user-friendly.

Overall, I like what I see, and can't wait to see it live, in person this weekend at the show .

Last edited by Capn Pete; 01-11-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Thank you for chiming in gumby. I would love to someday be in your position, doing something for GM. I think I'd like to work for GM, only I don't know what I have to offer.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll