2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:41 PM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Originally Posted by CODE4LS1
I have seen a lot of posts regarding the grille, taillights, and other little details. The way I see it, whatever Chevrolet does not "fix" for the people that could do without certain things on the concept, can always be changed with the abundant aftermarket world we have today. I was not blown away by the grille at first, or the taillights, or even the exhaust pipes....but I must say once I saw it in person today at the LA Auto Show, It looks for lack of a better word, PERFECT. Let's face it, car can be modified via aftermarket accessories.
I agree and remember in the 4th gens the front clip changed during the years it was built as did the tail lights and the dash and consol. I just want it built and give GM room to change a little each year. It will not stay the same year after year anyway. On this first one I love everything about it even the grill and there is nothing I want changed on this first car. I will buy one just as is and so will my wife we love it and it is just the way we wanted it to be. I gave it a 10 all the way and yes I saw it up close and personal being there.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Personally im just happy the Camaro is coming back. At the same time i am a little dissapointed and think GM could of done alot better with the design. I think the front end looks bad along with the interior(which im not really worried about bc they will change the interior for production). I just want more of a muscle car look and an SS with 450hp just to make sure the charger and challenger cant keep up(i know the hp on the camaro is limited bc of the vette but not everyone can afford one or wants one!). I was hoping for a look more along the lines of these....
http://dubs.unixprohost.com/arnoli/5...o_concept_rear

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I agree with 93SS tho....just take the 69 bodystyle with a few minor improvments and add the modern driveline and interior. Now that would be my dream car.

Last edited by JDM-93_Z28; 01-11-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by CCoop8830
How much better could they have done? The most common complaint is the grille openings are too large, that is an easy fix for Chevy to make.
That is my one complaint.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:01 PM

I agree w/ the ones who like the concept model. I think it rocks!!!

Thro, I would like to see the TransAm version come back out, also.

Put 'er into production!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by JDM-93_Z28
Man, no offense to Kris Horton, but I am REALLY glad that they did not end up looking like that.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:46 PM

love most of the car (and will buy it regardless if it looks close to this in production) but I think the grill needs attention and I don't care for the little scoop opening in the front. If your gonna do that put it on the hood so we can change it out easier (which it would probably be anyway since in production the hood lines will likely go all the way down)

Make it in SOM please!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM

Talking Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

excellent!! 10 +!! but seriously, stop screaming about that amatuerish kris horton thing! that looked like some high schooler drew his dream muscle car and stamped a chevy badge on it! great for evoking emossion but hardly what any "grown" adult would be caught dead driving in. the thing looked like a CARTOON!!

oh and remember, modern cars suck because everyone puts their 2 cents in on the design and it gets mutilated. just keep the comments to things that we know will help gm sell hundereds of thousands of these and not what will just please one persons opinion.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM

So far...

85.46% Voted 8 or above.

BUILD THAT ****

Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM

I rated the concept camaro at a 4. i dont know what everyone sees in it. I looks too much like they took ideas from the charger and the c6, then put em togehter and said "Here ya go". first, its got too many sharp edges. for christ sake tone down the crease on the side, second its too tall, the body is just too thick. the tail lights look like they wanted the c6 idea but forgot to finish them(they look cut off). someone mentioned a spoiler, WHAT SPOILER. give it somthin that sticks up 3 or 4 inches, not out 2. the interior has its ups and downs. its too simple yet too complex. first off, i like gages, lots and lots of guages. i wanna know whats doin what. this aint got squat for gages. second, give me a good place to put my damn radio. loud music is good, but i cant do it with that **** *** factory radio. also what the hell were they thinking?? "WOOD GRAIN" trim. come on now this is 2006 not 1982. lastly the engine. humm, lets see. knowing chevy they will put a big v6 in it, ya know, like a 3.8L supercharged, with the option of a 4.9L or maby a 5.0 if your lucky. for christ sake give me some horsepower. an LT1 or an LS1 would be great. especially if it came stock with a 5.0 H.O. the fifth gen camaro needs to be a car of sportie looks and raw power. the best part of the car is that it has a wide wheel base and big rims, not the little 14 or 15" wheels cars get now days. now dont get me wrong the car has potential, but it needs work. like i said i like the wide wheel base, and the grille. the grill brings back some of that great look of the camaros of 40 years ago. and for god sake give me some damn t-tops.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by EZRydda
and the c6
no surprise it has c6 design elements since a lot of the same team designed both cars

the tail lights look like they wanted the c6 idea but forgot to finish them(they look cut off).
the early 2nd gens had round taillights, i think they were trying to evoke that, while making it look modern and edgy.. they arent what i'd have done, but i like em

someone mentioned a spoiler, WHAT SPOILER.
at least there is something there, i don't think the leaked clay model had any spoiler whatsoever.. doesnt matter anyway, spoilers are easy to replace with aftermarket parts

"WOOD GRAIN" trim. come on now this is 2006 not 1982.
i don't know where you got that from, there is no wood grain trim

lastly the engine. humm, lets see. knowing chevy they will put a big v6 in it, ya know, like a 3.8L supercharged, with the option of a 4.9L or maby a 5.0 if your lucky. for christ sake give me some horsepower. an LT1 or an LS1 would be great. especially if it came stock with a 5.0 H.O.
um.. those are old tech.. the concept has an LS2.. 400 horsepower. i'd say that's a lot of horsepower.. the base car will probably have at least 240hp

the fifth gen camaro needs to be a car of sportie looks and raw power.
check, and check.. this concept for the fifth gen has got both
Old 01-11-2006, 07:05 PM

Thumbs down old engines, buddy

I rated the concept camaro at a 4. i dont know what everyone sees in it. I looks too much like they took ideas from the charger and the c6, then put em togehter and said "Here ya go". first, its got too many sharp edges. for christ sake tone down the crease on the side, second its too tall, the body is just too thick. the tail lights look like they wanted the c6 idea but forgot to finish them(they look cut off). someone mentioned a spoiler, WHAT SPOILER. give it somthin that sticks up 3 or 4 inches, not out 2. the interior has its ups and downs. its too simple yet too complex. first off, i like gages, lots and lots of guages. i wanna know whats doin what. this aint got squat for gages. second, give me a good place to put my damn radio. loud music is good, but i cant do it with that **** *** factory radio. also what the hell were they thinking?? "WOOD GRAIN" trim. come on now this is 2006 not 1982. lastly the engine. humm, lets see. knowing chevy they will put a big v6 in it, ya know, like a 3.8L supercharged, with the option of a 4.9L or maby a 5.0 if your lucky. for christ sake give me some horsepower. an LT1 or an LS1 would be great. especially if it came stock with a 5.0 H.O. the fifth gen camaro needs to be a car of sportie looks and raw power. the best part of the car is that it has a wide wheel base and big rims, not the little 14 or 15" wheels cars get now days. now dont get me wrong the car has potential, but it needs work. like i said i like the wide wheel base, and the grille. the grill brings back some of that great look of the camaros of 40 years ago. and for god sake give me some damn t-tops.
Woa Woa Woa......Wait a second....you want the new Camaro to have an LT1 or LS1 in it? hahahaha. You mentioned a 4.9, and a 5.0 if we're lucky? hahahaha, brilliant

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 01-11-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:53 PM

Should we completely ignore him?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Gumby,

Like I said in my post, the two most important things about this concept are:

1. Build it ASAP. Since you said this is a mature "prototype" kinda like the C6 Vette was when it was released, get this baby out SOON, like MY 2007.5 if possible.

2. Build it affordable. Base around or under $25K, Z28 in the high 20s, and GM will have a winner. Break through that $30K barrier (except maybe for a select top-end model) and customer base will fall off quickly.

Thanks again for your post, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by gumbydammit
K, that's my 2 cents worth. Let me end with my perfected Camaro, since I so desparately wanted my ideal design as well. See the light catcher above the rocker? I want it to pierce all the way to the rear or the car. (it would finish that gesture) I want to shorten the overhangs, and get the wheels as far as humanly possible to the corners. (ultra modern) I would let the headlights be a part of the design. and not hidden. Possibly cutting into the lower grille opening like angry eyes. I would change the taillights to something with more bling, and lastly, beef up the side mirrors. I am going to have to buy one when it hits, and make my perfected version. (maybe if I have a few minutes to my name I'll p-shop my version up, and post it.)

Peace,
Gumby
I'd be very interested to see your PS'd version of the Camaro.

Also Gumby, thank you for your passion. I'm glad people like you are working on MY car.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 PM

I gave it a 5, that may be harsh, but the concept camaro didn't grab my interest like the new Mustang did or the new Challenger Concept did. Which saddens me because I have always been a GM fan. I just think they could have done better. I didn't like the grill and the tail end looks too short. The tail lamps and exhaust tips need to go as well. I think it would have done even better if it was closer in style to a 69 with minor tweaks to make it more modern. I think they tryed to hard not to make it a carbon copy. They need to round off the edges some and be more true to the original body lines like the competition did with thier concepts. Just my $.02 I couldn't afford one anyway, but want to see them come back.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll