2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

a pic when GM wasn't lookin

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Come closer, I have something here for you.......
I haven't seen him in forever!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by sselie
You mean the "Dreaded" Black Suburban?

Best regardSS,

Elie
Now that's Funny!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:49 PM

I think im in Love with a red 5th Gen
Old 01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Ask Al Poulin what happened to him when he tried getting into the Silver Concept!

See -- we hire security.......we have to as some people don't understand that touching paint and an errant belt buckle or camera case or watch or jewelry can damage the finish........................so, we hire security. The concept is very expensive. Moreover -- we don't have time to bring it back to Detroit and fix it between shows.....so if it sustains damage, some show somewhere is going to have a cancellation - which upsets everyone.

Well........the security officer had no sense of humor -- and drew her weapon.

So....................

......moral of the story -- please enjoy the concept.....but please don't touch or jump up on the turntable!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Ask Al Poulin what happened to him when he tried getting into the Silver Concept!

See -- we hire security.......we have to as some people don't understand that touching paint and an errant belt buckle or camera case or watch or jewelry can damage the finish........................so, we hire security. The concept is very expensive. Moreover -- we don't have time to bring it back to Detroit and fix it between shows.....so if it sustains damage, some show somewhere is going to have a cancellation - which upsets everyone.

Well........the security officer had no sense of humor -- and drew her weapon.

So....................

......moral of the story -- please enjoy the concept.....but please don't touch or jump up on the turntable!

What kind of weapon did she have Scott?

I understand about the belt buckles and cameras and stuff. I do professional detailing and am totally **** about my own car and scratches and stuff. I was quite careful and, as much as I wanted too.....I did not touch the car. But I don't regret getting close to it.

Scott, we missed your yearly buckle up message in the last podcast It drives me crazy when i see people without their seatbelts on

btw, when is the show where they are possibly unveiling the convertible?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:50 PM

I did touch the red one when it was at the LA Auto show. But damnit, it was sexy and I couldn't help myself.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:06 PM

Red Hot

That red is way hot! I think the silver looks very bland in comparison. Nice pic. Hopefully they won't put a bubble around it now.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:58 PM

being someone who actually knows how much $$ a concept car can cost to build, I have gotten close enough to see inside some of them, but never touched any one of them.

However, knowing as much as I do about the prototype constuction costs, I know a LOT of money is wasted.

Plus I am deathly afraid of the black suburbans with the blue plates.......
Old 01-02-2007, 10:39 PM

hey...quick question...

i go to a lot of auto shows here on the east coast...NY Inter...other smaller ones

anyways...ud think theyd have some sort of protective film on the car...

i mean i see it used alot on the high end cars...and it works to an extent...

y not the camaro?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
What kind of weapon did she have Scott?

I understand about the belt buckles and cameras and stuff. I do professional detailing and am totally **** about my own car and scratches and stuff. I was quite careful and, as much as I wanted too.....I did not touch the car. But I don't regret getting close to it.

Scott, we missed your yearly buckle up message in the last podcast It drives me crazy when i see people without their seatbelts on

btw, when is the show where they are possibly unveiling the convertible?

well...........let's just say it contained bullets. Not sure exactly make and model of pistol.......................................

Thanks for the message about 'buckling up' -- I know it sounds like a broken record, but we're still losing too many people to accidents.

I like it when someone says "well.....they're too confining......"

.......welll......I got news for them ............SO IS A WHEEL CHAIR!!!!

We'll show the convertible in Detroit next week.

In fact, Jason and Chris have been invited to a very special "GM Style Event" where the Camaro convertible will be on a runway with some celebrities from Hollywood. Hopefully, they'll have some great pics late Saturday nite!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:41 PM

I took some pics of that same angle, but unfortunently didn't think to do what you did. Cool.

BTW, what did they do with that dyno? I was a couple of minutes late for the last show evidently and missed it. I figured the numbers would be off.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM

the numbers were a little high, and they showed how the cylinders would activate and deactivate. They showed it in four cylinder mode at WOT LOL, NEVER happen in the real world. Go test drive a Tahoe, press the gas more than 1% on the freeway....boom back to 8 cylinders.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather

We'll show the convertible in Detroit next week.

In fact, Jason and Chris have been invited to a very special "GM Style Event" where the Camaro convertible will be on a runway with some celebrities from Hollywood. Hopefully, they'll have some great pics late Saturday nite!
Chris and Jason are so lucky!! I hope one of you will be videoing this as well. Enjoy it for the rest of us.

GM Adds To Celebrity Line-Up for Style Event

Detroit – Just days away from one of the largest gatherings of stars and cars Detroit has ever seen, GM has confirmed three celebrity additions to its runway for the Saturday, Jan. 6, GM Style event.

Widely touted for her breakout performance in the film “Dreamgirls” and an “American Idol” favorite, Jennifer Hudson will strut the catwalk at GM Style as one of the featured celebrity models.

Famed film and television star Christian Slater will also grace the runway at the unique event.

Late night television host Jimmy Kimmel of ABC-TV’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” will act as emcee of the GM Style red carpet providing up-to-the-minute interviews and commentary from the moment they walk through the door.

Other talent slated to participate in GM Style include actress Carmen Electra, “Dancing with the Stars” favorite Mario Lopez, Emmy-nominated actress Cheryl Hines, supermodel Petra Nemcova and actress Vivica A. Fox. DJ Momjeans – aka “That 70’s Show’s” Danny Masterson -- is on board as guest DJ. A final list of celebrities is slated for release this week.

In addition to some of the hottest names in entertainment, GM is bringing an array of classic designs and will unveil a new concept vehicle.

(More information regarding these concepts can be found at www.media.gm.com.)

About GM Style

The first-ever invitation only GM Style will showcase 17 GM vehicles paired with celebrities and the latest fashions. GM is finishing a pavilion just east of the Renaissance Center on the Detroit Riverfront to host this salute to style. The pavilion, the first of its kind, will be longer than a football field, climate controlled and able to accommodate a runway for cars and stars.