2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Post-announcement Q&A with Fbodfather...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:50 AM

Re: Post-announcement Q&A with Fbodfather...

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
All of the stuff that makes the car 5 star crash worthy needs to be easily removed. If its a pig then I'm gonna buy a Mustang with power windows.
That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here. Make the safety equipment easily removable........ Yeah, that's not a liability lawsuit waiting to happen or anything...

FWIW a lot of the crash worthiness is built into the frame/chassis, so you're not going to be able to just unbolt most of the crash worthiness.

Last edited by Chris 96 WS6; 08-18-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:25 AM

Not so fast Chris....

Lets think about this from a Darwinian perspective....
Old 08-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Good point. Maybe we WANT people like this in Mustangs
Old 08-18-2006, 09:00 AM

I'm looking forward to spending my evenings parked by the Oshawa plant, watching Camaro after Camaro roll by .....

..... that's a pretty mental picture!

Very positive feedback you got there for sure .
Old 08-18-2006, 09:07 AM

Thank you Scott and Chris for taking time to keep us up to date.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 AM

Thanks Scott for the updates! Good luck on getting this car out as soon as feasible. If one wishes for something, and someone makes this wish come true, I think we ought to appreciate the fact that the wish was granted at all! Patience is a virtue. I've dreamt of this car since I was 10. What's another 2 years?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
All of the stuff that makes the car 5 star crash worthy needs to be easily removed.
Just curious, how do you propose to do that?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Wednesday night we did a 20 minute interview with Scott for the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast. It is one of our best yet, Scott covers a lot of things that are weighing on everyone's minds.

Just go here to download it:
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467181

Or, you can stream it right through your web browser by going here:
https://www.camaroz28.com/podcast/
*click the LISTEN NOW button!*

We expect to be doing more interviews with Scott in the future.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM

Listening to it right now....
Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here. Make the safety equipment easily removable........ Yeah, that's not a liability lawsuit waiting to happen or anything...

FWIW a lot of the crash worthiness is built into the frame/chassis, so you're not going to be able to just unbolt most of the crash worthiness.
Amen to that. At first I thought he was joking. It's clear now he was actually serious

Gads. Today's structures are highly integrated and optimized by computer analysis. How on Earth would you make things 'unboltable'? The only possible example I can think of from my GTO... there is a gas tank cage in my trunk I could take out... but it gives me the creeps to think of driving without it.

I'm starting to think - there are some folks (who shall remain nameless ) who think they can make a car safe as ever, just by gutting it and adding a steel rollcage. Sorry. There is a LOT more to crashworthiness than that.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
I'm looking forward to spending my evenings parked by the Oshawa plant, watching Camaro after Camaro roll by .....

..... that's a pretty mental picture!

i'll bring the pizza and you bring the drinks ok?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM

Great interveiw. wish it was 5 times longer!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
what makes you think Ford is exempt from impact standards?
What I said about Ford is a joke. Didn't you read the Q&A.

I still want to take the safety equipment off of the new one, but I'll probably do that regardless of how hard it is to remove. I might just get a convertible and not worry about the weight. I've got another Camaro that is capable of going fast.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6

You can unbolt quite a bit if safety stuff on todays cars. Liability lawsuit? Against who? If I take it off its my fault. I just meant so that wouuld be easier to cut weight if need be. If I drive an older car I don't have the safety anyway. So whats the difference.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Amen to that. At first I thought he was joking. It's clear now he was actually serious

Gads. Today's structures are highly integrated and optimized by computer analysis. How on Earth would you make things 'unboltable'? The only possible example I can think of from my GTO... there is a gas tank cage in my trunk I could take out... but it gives me the creeps to think of driving without it.

I'm starting to think - there are some folks (who shall remain nameless ) who think they can make a car safe as ever, just by gutting it and adding a steel rollcage. Sorry. There is a LOT more to crashworthiness than that.
Jesus ****in' christ. This is not just to you but all who posted about what I said.

First of all. I didn't say I thought I could make it safer. Just lighter.
Second, have you never heard of people taking bumper supports and **** like that off to cut weight. You may not agree with that, but that's you and I dont care about you.

Obviously there not gonna make a tube chassis car with a bunch of airbags. But with all the extra safety stuff there has to be it's just gonna be heavier. If I can unbolt a hundred pounds, I will.

If you don't want to take your stuff off then don't.

Lastly, I never even said that I would bother taking the stuff off. I made a comment half of which was a total joke, the other you could take how you wanted. People are so stupid and closed minded, just because you wouldn't, doesn't mean that it's that way for everybody.

And before you start saying, that I'm stupid and gonna die. Let me say this. There are people every day that risk their life doing dumb ****, just for fun. They might be stupid, I might be stupid. Don't worry about it. I'm old enough to realize the consequences of my actions. If all you have to do is post and say don't do that you may get hurt, then don't post.

Quick Reply: Post-announcement Q&A with Fbodfather...