2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 PM

Pricing

does anyone know the price range for the new camaro? i'm not talking about speculation. i mean something founded on fact or as close to it as is possible at this point. i'm sure this has been discussed but i'm new to this website.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM

nope.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:54 PM

Pricing has not been set.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by bobbert
does anyone know the price range for the new camaro? i'm not talking about speculation. i mean something founded on fact or as close to it as is possible at this point. i'm sure this has been discussed but i'm new to this website.
If you're looking for facts you're in the wrong place. Seems most post's are what members are hoping the camaro will sell for.

The only facts, this will car will cost GM more to build and develop than any camaro before it.

John
Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM

There was an interesting article posted today over at 5thgen.org ...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/c...-camaro-cheap/

GM product planners will heed calls to make the Camaro affordable and will offer a comparable lineup to Ford’s Mustang range by starting with a low cost entry-level V6 model. Execs at GM know the reason the Mustang is so successful is because it stayed true to its roots as a very affordable car to a very broad base of people, and now the General hopes to emulate this with its new Camaro.

Speaking with Automotive News, president of GM North America Troy Clarke told reporters that high-performance V8 models such as the Mustang Cobra and Shelby Mustang act as halo models and create a buzz that draws in customers to showrooms but at the end of the day it’s the more affordable V6 models that’s bringing in the profits.

The new Camaro coupe will eventually go on sale in February next year and followed by the convertible model roughly nine months later. Clarke revealed that both cars will get a base V6 engine, likely to be a 3.6L unit with about 281hp. Of course there will likely be limited edition V8 models as well.

“We know that the mission with the Camaro isn’t to create a specialty vehicle with a very narrow appeal that is very much subject to your wallet,” Clarke explained. “The concept of the car will evolve into a really fun-to-drive, stylish vehicle, as opposed to something that just breathes fire and has more cubic inches than the next guy.”
5GO thread is at http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4799

This article is one of the first I've seen with real, concrete powertrain news IIRC.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 AM

GM has to wait to see where the redesigned, more powerful 2009 or 2010 Mustang will be priced. Once Ford reveals the Mustang pricing, GM will soon follow.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 AM

Good, sounds like they want to stay competitive with the competition as far as cost which is what I was hoping. I just didn't want to walk into a dealership thinking it's going to be moderatly affordable and end up finding out that it's only minutely less expensive than a vett. Doesn't look like that's the case though...at least so far.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
There was an interesting article posted today over at 5thgen.org ...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/c...-camaro-cheap/

5GO thread is at http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4799

This article is one of the first I've seen with real, concrete powertrain news IIRC.
What makes their information "concrete" and not speculation?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
What makes their information "concrete" and not speculation?
Direct quotes from the GMNA President seems pretty concrete to me...
Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 PM

Clarke revealed that both cars will get a base V6 engine, likely to be a 3.6L unit with about 281hp. Of course there will likely be limited edition V8 models as well.

Likely be a limited edition V-8?

They had better be "in addition to" the regular V-8 line-up!

With statements like that within an article, I can only take the rest of the information with a grain of salt

“We know that the mission with the Camaro isn’t to create a specialty vehicle with a very narrow appeal that is very much subject to your wallet,” Clarke explained. “The concept of the car will evolve into a really fun-to-drive, stylish vehicle, as opposed to something that just breathes fire and has more cubic inches than the next guy.”
While I agree with his first statement, his second statement ignores the true enthusiests and the Camaro heritage.

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 02-11-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:22 PM

With statements like that within an article, I can only take the rest of the information with a grain of salt
Fair enough. But it does clear up some things.
While I agree with his first statement, his second statement ignores the true enthusiasts and the Camaro heritage.
I wouldn't worry too much about that statement. It looks to me like GM just positioning itself to make sure the V6 variants community is not overlooked or minimized. It's reasonable to assume the 'fire-breathing-V8' crowd will be enthused and happy with the car
Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM

While I agree with his first statement, his second statement ignores the true enthusiests and the Camaro heritage.
Well hmm...that's crazy!! Why wouldn't he just come right out and say this is what we'll have, this is how much it will cost, oh and by the way the new concept "Volt" will come out in this date at this cost. I don't know maybe GM has a lid on the specifics until they're done with all the R & D. Therefore likely be a base line V-6 with about 281 hp and likely be a limited edition V-8. Could be his way of saying something without saying it.
As for the second statement he clearly says that the mission is to create a veh that is not solely subject to your wallet. I.e. they want to make it affordable to a broad range of customers. then he goes on to say that it will be a stylish and fun to drive car opposed to something that JUST (and that would be the key word Einstein) breathes fire and has more cubic inches than the next guy.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Why on earth would GM announce pricing and trim levels almost a year before they're available? That doesn't make an ounce of sense.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bobbert
Well hmm...that's crazy!! Why wouldn't he just come right out and say this is what we'll have, this is how much it will cost, oh and by the way the new concept "Volt" will come out in this date at this cost. I don't know maybe GM has a lid on the specifics until they're done with all the R & D. Therefore likely be a base line V-6 with about 281 hp and likely be a limited edition V-8. Could be his way of saying something without saying it.
As for the second statement he clearly says that the mission is to create a veh that is not solely subject to your wallet. I.e. they want to make it affordable to a broad range of customers. then he goes on to say that it will be a stylish and fun to drive car opposed to something that JUST (and that would be the key word Einstein) breathes fire and has more cubic inches than the next guy.

Meh, potatoes, patatoes. Your post wasn't very nice
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM

eh you're right it wasn't nice the spirit grabbed me. lol.

Quick Reply: Pricing