2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The Rap Music Video What Are They Really Sayin

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by tyga
Im Really Not A Fan Of Rap I Listen 2 R&b Pop Rock ****ry At Skewl They Call Me Oreo W/e But I Do Hear Rap 2 On The Station I Listen 2.

And Wut Do U Mean Stop Using Capps???? And Remember Im Jus 15
thats cool. You are capitalizing every word and it makes it hard to read...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 PM

garbage in

garbage out
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM

I think some groups feel that if they have a slang language all their own and that if other groups don't know the meaning of it would give them their own dialect of the English language. What many groups fail to recognize is most people have their own dialect and just because a certain type is used in a popular musical lyric doesn't mean the others don't know what it is or means, or care. I think its noble for some to try to "enlighten" us squares but save your time the lyrics are not that complicated. Besides even if we did need some clarification it would get lost in translation becuase of poor typing and grammar. Step away from the SHIFT button!

Last edited by 99SilverSS; 12-11-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 PM

Lol Ok Well Jus Finish This Convo.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

What they're saying by stop using caps is that you've probably got the caps lock button on while you're typing. A feature on this message board disables caps lock and in turn, capitalizes the first letter of every word. If you turn your caps lock key off, your sentences will come out a lot more clearly, kinda like the ones I just typed.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 PM

o ok how iz this
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM

Ok………..

Now try typing in real English, because the slang you are posting will not give you much acceptance on this board…..
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Hang on, I speak jive.

"Ppl Make Slangs For Shoes I Think Danny Glover Wears Thos Shoes Like If U See A Celebrity Wit Sumthin On Ppl Will Say They Got The Bill Clinton On Like He Always Wearin Suits And Stuff U Look Like Bill Clinton Its A Black Thing Idk If U Will Understand Lol(complicating 2 Explain)"

translation to english:

I think Danny Glover wears those shoes, so folks have made it a slang term. It is a way to associate a look to a celebrity, like saying someone has the Bill Clinton look because they are wearing a suit. This type of slang is more common with blacks and often times hard for whites to understand.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
What they're saying by stop using caps is that you've probably got the caps lock button on while you're typing. A feature on this message board disables caps lock and in turn, capitalizes the first letter of every word. If you turn your caps lock key off, your sentences will come out a lot more clearly, kinda like the ones I just typed.
translation to Jive:

What they're saying by stop usin' caps iz dat you've prob'ly got da caps lock button on while you typing. A feature on dis here message board disables caps lock an' in turn, capitalizes da first letter o' every werd. If ya turn yo' caps lock key off, yo' sentences will come out uh lot mo' clearly, kinda like da ones I just typed. ya'll is mad stupid.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
I think some groups feel that if they have a slang language all their own and that if other groups don't know the meaning of it would give them their own dialect of the English language. What many groups fail to recognize is most people have their own dialect and just because a certain type is used in a popular musical lyric doesn't mean the others don't know what it is or means, or care. I think its noble for some to try to "enlighten" us squares but save your time the lyrics are not that complicated. Besides even if we did need some clarification it would get lost in translation becuase of poor typing and grammar. Step away from the SHIFT button!
translation to jive:

I th'o't some groups feel dat if dey gots uh slang language all they own an' dat if other groups don' know da meaning o' it would give dem they own dialect o' da English language. What many groups fail ta recognize iz most peeps gots they own dialect an' just cuz uh certain type iz used in uh popular musical lyric don' mean da others don' know what it iz or means, or care. I th'o't its noble fo' some ta try ta "enlighten" us squares but save yo' tyme da lyrics iz not dat complicated. Besides even if we's did need some clarification it would git lost in translation becuase o' poor typing an' grammar. Step away from da SHIFT button! what 'chew thinking man?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 AM

Yo Tyga, thanks for trying to enlighten a few of us, and glad to see you got the caps lock key off now. I appreciate that you want to help, and realize that you are young. Don't let the guys give you too much crap, we need all the enthusiasts around here we can get. Just keep it real, and it may help to write your posts like you would do your work in school, that way all the peeps in here won't give you such a hard time.

People get real picky when it comes to proper grammer usage on message boards, myself included...prolly cause we have to read it and using slang and improper punctuation, etc. makes it more difficult for everyone. The more professional you write, the more respect you'll get.

Peace,
Josh
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 AM

This can't really be serious...I find it hard to believe that a 15 year old could be almost completely illiterate
Old 12-12-2006, 09:53 AM

You guys are so darn picky.

I'm a 41 year old white dude and I not only understand the video, but I understand what tyga is saying.

But then I have worked in Oaktown since 1989.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Old 12-12-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28

You guys are so darn picky.

I'm a 41 year old white dude and I not only understand the video, but I understand what tyga is saying.

But then I have worked in Oaktown since 1989.
Oaktown, huh? We gots ta git togetha some time. I'm over in tha city.

Quick Reply: The Rap Music Video What Are They Really Sayin