2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Scott????? Did this happen while you were in the hospital?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
I just think its funny........it's not even in a video with rappers I've heard of....
Ehh, me either, but I don't listen to rap, so even if they were/are pretty popular, I wouldn't know

I just think people complain about the dumbest crap. "Offended" by a Camaro being in a video with...OMG, profanity and those evil evil black people. What the hell do you care if a Camaro is in a rap video. Like it is any worse than the rednecks with the clapped out 3rd gens with tires hanging 65" out the fedners.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:37 AM

God forbid someone you have an irrational hatred for partake in something you have a rational like for...

Old 12-10-2006, 01:18 AM

i think its awesome... its getting chevy some easy publicity. I also think it was awesome to have the new impalla in there too. Maybe it will now join the donks, bubbles, and boxes that are what everyones "pimpin" now. I think its stupid to get all bent out of shape over this, i mean what is it hurting?
Old 12-10-2006, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
God forbid someone you have an irrational hatred for partake in something you have a rational like for...

Chill out brown bear, not everyone is as open minded as us
Old 12-10-2006, 05:09 AM

That video is PDF.

I don't listen to hard rap and I'm not a big fan of what it portrays as far as setting stereotypes, and I've never heard of these guys. But the things in this video is so over the top, it's almost a comedy.

With rap now popular even with teens in the suburbs, and even Eminem having almost as much street cred as Dr Dre and Snoop Dog (who gave the Chrysler 300 instant celebrity by leaving a message for CEO Dieter Zetsche trying to get one), it probally is going to do far more good than harm for Chevrolet being in this video.

If you get mad at this video's use of Chevrolets, just remember, having rednecks wearing greesy ballcaps doing unrealistic hundred foot jumps over dirt piles yelling "YeeeHaw", while equally silly and cartoonish, isn't going to inspire kids & young adults in the suburbs and cities (where most of the population lives nowadays) to think a certain car is cool anymore.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 AM

While it is in NO way to my taste musically and I think those cars sitting super high on giant wheels looks stupid, it doesn't bother me they used the Camaro in it. If anything it's a good thing.

But then again, I can't stand country music either. So a music video with a bunch of country bumpkins or rednecks all over the Camaro wouldn't appeal to me either. LOL I'd actually say the 'look' of the Camaro is actually more fitting to the rap video than anything countrylike. BUT I'm pretty sure no one would get bent out of shape if the Camaro was in a video for Garth Brookes or Tim McGraw. (LOL I won't even allow my radio's station scanner to hesitate on a country station. Ugh.)

Modern, slick, sharp, hip, powerful, menacing, in-your-face. They're all words that describe the new Camaro. And, imo, the only type of music that is 'modern, slick, sharp' is techno/electronica. So I'd like to see the Camaro in a music video with a nice thumping dance/techno beat myself. But I'm sure I'm one of the few here that would enjoy that.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
While it is in NO way to my taste musically and I think those cars sitting super high on giant wheels looks stupid, it doesn't bother me they used the Camaro in it. If anything it's a good thing.

But then again, I can't stand country music either. So a music video with a bunch of country bumpkins or rednecks all over the Camaro wouldn't appeal to me either. LOL I'd actually say the 'look' of the Camaro is actually more fitting to the rap video than anything countrylike. BUT I'm pretty sure no one would get bent out of shape if the Camaro was in a video for Garth Brookes or Tim McGraw. (LOL I won't even allow my radio's station scanner to hesitate on a country station. Ugh.)

Modern, slick, sharp, hip, powerful, menacing, in-your-face. They're all words that describe the new Camaro. And, imo, the only type of music that is 'modern, slick, sharp' is techno/electronica. So I'd like to see the Camaro in a music video with a nice thumping dance/techno beat myself. But I'm sure I'm one of the few here that would enjoy that.
To me the problem is not that it is in a rap video, but that the video uses questionable language. So a comparisson between Garth Brooks and these guys really does not work.

I do agree on the overall country sentiment though... ugh...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bcolon
To me the problem is not that it is in a rap video, but that the video uses questionable language.
BINGO.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 AM

Theirs been Escalades, H1's, and H2's in music videos for a long time now, and I doubt anybody has not bought 1 because of that. If anything, its probably sparked thousands of sales.
and some of those artists on that song are actually quite popular
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
So I'd like to see the Camaro in a music video with a nice thumping dance/techno beat myself. But I'm sure I'm one of the few here that would enjoy that.
Ewwww? Techno?

Now you've crossed the line!

Old 12-10-2006, 10:04 AM

Great video!! I'd rather see this anyday than some hicks representing GM cars.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 AM

Thanks for reminding me why rap is the ****ing worst kind of "music" ever created. I'd rather listen to opera.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:52 AM

Was that Michael Richards dancing in the back towards the end?

video or no video I am still buying one of these CAMARO'S!!!!!!

Ordering mine in black too.....

Old 12-10-2006, 11:16 AM

I already posted my thoughts in the lounge, so I'll just say, it's not a deal killer for me either, no matter what I think of............the "music".
Old 12-10-2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Killer57
Theirs been Escalades, H1's, and H2's in music videos for a long time now, and I doubt anybody has not bought 1 because of that. If anything, its probably sparked thousands of sales.
and some of those artists on that song are actually quite popular
The difference here is that those vehicles could have been aquired for the video in a variety of different ways. In order for the concept to be in the video, they had to have GM's approval and probably had security from GM on set of the video during the shoot. I just think it is a bit of a strange decision on GM's part.

Quick Reply: Scott????? Did this happen while you were in the hospital?????