2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Scott????? Did this happen while you were in the hospital?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Purple 92 SS
Scott, Im sorry so many folks bitch about such petty things..

Yes, the language and some of the imagery may be bad, but it is a way to hit a target younger audience.....

SO ... glad to see chevy advertising any way they can, to reach all demographics.

actually, this 'bitching' is good 'cause it gets the dialogue going.........

that said........I will never understand rap/hip-hop..........sorry, it's a bunch of noise to me -- and will those guys PLEASE take their hands off their 'privates!!!!"
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 PM

The odd thing is that rappers are more towards the cruiser type vehicles, while rockers are more towards the fast/muscle cars. It would of made more sense to me if there was a Denali or something of that sort.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:39 AM

Ummm... So this one is okay..... but a little kid dreaming if zooming around in a vette is not acceptable and is pulled from the air .....

Go figure ...
Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by GenoB4C
Ummm... So this one is okay..... but a little kid dreaming if zooming around in a vette is not acceptable and is pulled from the air .....

Go figure ...
I thought the Boy's Dream commercial was great and shouldn't have been pulled.

The difference here is that the cars are product placement in a video as opposed to advertising done by the company itself. In advertising, the company is responsible for the message being transmitted. In a product placement scenario, the company supplying the product isn't directly responsible for any messages being conveyed. Plausible deniability and all that. .
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Yeah I was wondering if that was Ed’s car or not
If you look in the unveiling video as the 69's are rolling down the Isle they are interviewing him(Ed). Someone else is driving his car and he complains to the interviewer that it rolls by too quickly.

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
actually, this 'bitching' is good 'cause it gets the dialogue going.........

that said........I will never understand rap/hip-hop..........sorry, it's a bunch of noise to me -- and will those guys PLEASE take their hands off their 'privates!!!!"
Part of the problem I see is when you watch a movie like Heat, Al Pacino and Robert Dinero arent still shooting at each other after the credits are rolled. Gangsta Rappers sometimes do what they say. NWA's Eazy-E started his record company with drug money he made as a dealer. Dr Dre just happened to be part of his crew/gang. I believe Bigy Smalls did the same thing. Tu Pac was shot at twice and killed the second time. Shug Knight held Vannila Ice off a balcony. Kids see they arent acting and act like them.

There were two rappers, LL Cool J and Kool Moe D that just teased each other with their lyrics like "Momma said knock you out" and "I go to work" but with Gangsta Rappers it seems like theyre serious.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM

You guys you could think whatever you want. I think it's awsome that the new Camaro is in a rap video. Thore more publicity of the car the better. I also think that this will be an indicator that it will do well once it hits the market. Call me crazy, but I think it's true.

Last edited by Eddie Z-28; 12-14-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Great move for GM. Get rid of the mullet wearing stereotype and get with the urban crowd.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:00 PM

YO MIESSENATAION!
Your Camaro still inspires me man!(even if you don't know who i am!)

The rap video is fine. I mean, do comapnies liek Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW have a problem with their vehicles being in the videos? Hell no!!! More publicity for a company that doesn't even advertise on tv. I have never seen a Ferrari commercial, why? because a commercial is wasted money to Ferrari. They can spend $10k to show off their new 599GTB, or, sell one to Jay-Z and let him use it in his next video and get free advertising for it.

Plus, people know about Ferraris and whatnot without even having to see them, they know they're the **** without having to prove it.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:36 PM

Thanks man.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
Great move for GM. Get rid of the mullet wearing stereotype and get with the urban crowd.
I'm all for getting exposure and attracting potential buyers. But............

How can getting rid of the negative "mullet" stereotype and gaining a negative "gangsta" or "thug" (which overflows from the video) sterotype possibly be considered a good thing.

So I guess this makes me a racist huh?

Last edited by Ron78Z&01SS; 12-24-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
I'm all for getting exposure and attracting potential buyers. But............

How can getting rid of the negative "mullet" stereotype and gaining a negative "gangsta" or "thug" (which overflows from the video) sterotype possibly be considered a good thing.

So I guess this makes me a racist huh?
No, it does not make you a racist.

Let's not let our music preferences get in the way of the truth on this one.

The 2009 Camaro will not need help being sold. People in other threads are concerned with how they won't be able to get one due to high demand, and then in this thread people say it needs help selling the numbers. It can't be both ways. I doubt there will be many collecting dust on the showroom floors. The Camaro Concept has generated more hype than any other Chevrolet in a very long time, possibly in the entire history of Chevrolet. It will stand on its own, and doesn't need a rap video to help sell it. A few years down the road, maybe...but not right now.

And since it has been brought up...

Yes, rap videos may help sell cars, but it may also help NOT sell them. For example only, there a lot of people who would like to buy an Escalade but are concerned with that same "thug and gangsta" image mentioned above and decide to buy something else. The same could hold true for the "mullet" crowd...which may change their mind into buying a Challenger or a Mustang.

And speaking of THAT...

So many times a Camaro/Firebird owner has to post here denouncing the mullet stereotype, yet now people are saying it is true in this thread. Is it REALLY true? I have no problems believing that a VERY small percentage of people honestly believe the "mullet" stereotype. I can't think of the last time I saw a Joe Dirt driving around in a Camaro. Can you? Bringing that stereotype up is pointless because it is superficial and it seems that F-Body owners bring it up themselves as much as anyone else, if not more.

So again, let's not get our appreciation for a certain type of music to get in the way of the facts. It is nice to see it in any video, but it isn't the crux of making or breaking the car and as outlined in the example above, it can hurt it just as much as it can help it.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:59 PM

That video is probably watched by kids from 10-18 y/o. People with no where near the income to afford a Camaro. This commercial can't do Chevrolet any good.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:34 PM

T.I. likes to feature chevys and muscle cars in his videos, as do alot of rappers that hail out of Atlanta and the southeast. Look at the cars Ludacris and Jermaine Dupree put in their videos. Its no surprise that he wanted to get the 5th gen in a video.

As to the style of the video, well, welcome to the derty souf ya'll /sarcasm