2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

SILVER 2009/2010 Camaro prototype (6/21)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 PM

black please...just like that...moonroof and all
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Looks like a production Camaro SS to me. Very nice.

Hard to tell but this car looks to have the horizontal type grille and not the concept looking one found on the recently revealed black convert pics. Larger lower front airdam not my favorite but otherwise looks good. I think the SS needs to be displayed more prominently.
it has the concepts egg crate grill. it also looks like it does not have halos....

either way ill take a blue one with black stripes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by pickardracing
Maybe I'm just being picky but WTF reverse lights...

All this time and there wasnt a better, more aesthetically pleasing place to put them?
absolutely correct....car is gorgeous otherwise, but GM please come up with something better than those lame reverse lights. looks like kmart toy dept with those lights.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 PM

i can see that as soon as i get mine i am going to shave that bubba lip and the rear back up lights from that rear bumper . i want it too look a lil more slick
Old 06-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Unimpressive. I thought they'd improve the car's overall look not make it worse, hope that's not full production.

Last edited by IZ28; 06-21-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:53 PM

Other than the wheels looking dated or just "plain", possibly boring, it looks great....to me!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:34 AM

I aggree about the reverse lights. It looks like they were 99.95% done with the car and realized "Oh ****! Someone left the back up lights off!" and there them on there. I think they would look really cool inside the inner tailights.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 AM

Hmm, of course I love the shape and everything, but something is bothering me a little bit. Besides the obvious engines, what distinction will there be between the S/C 4Cyl model, the Direct Injection V6 model, the SS model, and the Z28 Model? I mean, do you guys thing that it will be easy to tell an SS from a Z28 with the exception of the badges? What about the non-V8 models, I think there should be a CLEAR distinction between those and the V8 models.

That is something that the new Mustang has goin for it, I can tell whether it is a V8 or V6 in a split second with the fog lamps, the wheels, and just the overall shape of things like airdams or side skirts, not to mention the side skirt decals.

I took a gander at the Challenger models, and I think it is going to be a little tougher to tell a SE from a RT from a SRT. I hope that there is a significant distinction between Camaro models. Lets be honest, SS owners want it to be clear that they are driving an SS, not a Z28. And the Z28 owners want it to be clear that they are driving a Z28, not an SS. Sure, you guys respect eachother's models, but you take great pride in your own model.

I am sure that Chevy will make the distinction clear, especially after seeing that aftermarket teaser that they unvieled. The body has a lot of versatility and we have all seen those hockey stick decals, so I am sure that you will know one model from another...which I believe to be vital to the Camaro's character. But hey, the were able to take something like the C6 and make ABSOLUTE distinction beween the base model, the Z06, and the ZR1.

To be honest though, I thought the SS badge would be bolder than what is on this spy shot. In fact, I would have figured that they would have taken the front bow tie off and just put two bold S's there. Hmm, oh well, even though I dont quite know whether I am getting an SS or a Z28 (I like both legends so much!), if the badge isnt pronounced enough, I will probably customize mine to my liking (i.e., putting a big SS emblem where the bow tie is, or removing the front bow tie and sticking a Z28 emblem on the right side of the grill).

Speaking of customization, is there really no way in hell that I can customize my Camaro to have hidden headlights(talk about THAT for a model distinction! lol) like in 1967, even if I had the money to do it?
Old 06-22-2008, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaymac332
I mean, do you guys thing that it will be easy to tell an SS from a Z28 with the exception of the badges?
Take another look at the front end in these pics...

... and its possible Bumble Bee could be the Z28.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro
Unless I'm missing something that is a pretty subtle difference having that molding wrap around.

Don't get me wrong this is a sharp looking car. If this is really the SS though I'm a bit disappointed in the styling. I expected a different more aggressive hood and spoiler and just more differentiating features. The car looks great for a Camaro but not an SS.

However these words from JasonD on another thread have my hopes up

Originally Posted by 79Zee28
Having a great time at the Camaro Nationals at Carlisle. I heard today that you will be able to visually tell if a camaro has a V8 or V6.

"Even from a distance."
Old 06-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Why is everyone worrying that you won't be able to tell a V6 from an SS, from a Z/28 at this stage.. No one said that was the production car, with 100% production pieces and production headlights. That could possibly not even be an SS.. its a movie car, it could just be a V6 with some dress up parts..

I'll wait till the real unveil to judge at this stage, till then its beautiful in my eyes. The only thing that bugs me and its so small is the 3rd brake lite, I like mine on the spoiler.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 AM

To all the bitchers and complainers. How about you take over the production of the Camaro and see how hard it is to deal with budget, bean counters, etc. to get the car to please your every need.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro
I like the more aggressive chin spoiler and the slim, concept like, turn signals.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 AM

Looks fantastic
Old 06-22-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by jaymac332
Speaking of customization, is there really no way in hell that I can customize my Camaro to have hidden headlights(talk about THAT for a model distinction! lol) like in 1967, even if I had the money to do it?
You may not have to (semi-)

Quick Reply: SILVER 2009/2010 Camaro prototype (6/21)