2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

SILVER 2009/2010 Camaro prototype (6/21)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:13 PM

The front ends are definately different between the white car and the silver car.
I wonder if that's because of aero considerations or model differentiation.
I like the silver nose better, I think.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Glad to see that spoiler back on the V8 version. Anyone notice the bottom of the front end really looks a lot like the ground effects on the third gen?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaymac332
That is something that the new Mustang has goin for it, I can tell whether it is a V8 or V6 in a split second with the fog lamps, the wheels, and just the overall shape of things like airdams or side skirts, not to mention the side skirt decals.
Funny, I see it exactly the opposite. Camaro models get a specific front clip, Mustang gets a tacked on fake hood & side scoop and foglights. The differences on the Camaro may be more subtle but the execution looks to be far better. And I also think it's safe to assume that the wheel-tire combo on the Camaro will be noticably different as well.

Other random thoughts. Looking at the comments on the jalopnik thread, unless it's just me there appear to be quite a few less haters than on other most of their other camaro threads to date. The car is looking really sharp and it's looking just about certain that the weight issue will not stop me from buying. The only issue I have with this particular example are those huge mufflers, but that will be easily fixed with a catback or even a can of black spray paint. Hey GM, if you leave them that big how about blacking them out from the factory?

Yep, as I've said before.... we don't like the reverse lights there either. The original location didn't work out and neither did any others. We didn't just casually stick them there thinking it'd be fine though. We tried everything and that was the only solution. I can't go thru and explain the problems with every other possible location. It was so long ago and involved so many legal, practical, engineering and styling considerations that most of it's forgotten by now. Just know that they are there because of a mistake, not a design choice and nobody's happy about it but all the complaining in the world won't help at this point. In person you hardly notice them though because the rest of the car turned out so nice. (I'm just glad that the whining about the gas cap is over!)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=4699&page=8

Last edited by Dest98; 06-22-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by chevydude26
i wish the back was wider like this

i wonder if there is anyway i could somehow modify it like the concept back
wow! H-U-G-E improvement with the production version. The concept had a dated Testerosa look with the wider stance. The producitoin is closer to the timeless 69 look with a modern interpretation. I still dont like the cover over the rear exhaust but this looks good. Also if thats the SS then it seems like its settled which will be top dog. The silver car looks good to me.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 PM

You're right, it does look like the Testarossa. I think the production rear looks great.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM

The concept would also have skinned quarter panels if driven by you and I because its soooooo wide. lol

Plus the wider, the heavier.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:48 PM

wow i like silver alot
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 PM

No SS badges on the sides?

I agree with others: my only real styling complaint is the reverse lights. I hope they find a better solution for the MCE.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Nice I like it a lot
Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
You may not have to (semi-)
You think so? I thought that there was some sort of legal band on hidden headlights. That would be great if they do it!

Also, for who ever is out there thinking that I am bashing the Camaro, you are very very mistaken. I am a very passionate fan, and I actually have no beef at all with this spy photo. I think it looks beautiful. I was just throwing out a few things that I was thinking about concerning model distinction, which is completely outside the realm of criticism.

Given, I did say that I thought that the SS badge wasnt very apparent, but it really isnt a big deal to me (like I said, I will be customizing it to my liking regardless ).
Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 AM

If this is a real preproduction SS, guess that ends the SS vs Z28 debates once and for all

Looks very good. The reverse lights actually dont bother me that much, but on a darker colored one, they would stand out a little bit. And maybe add an SS badge to the side of the car. Otherwise, it looks great!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevydude26
i wish the back was wider like this

i wonder if there is anyway i could somehow modify it like the concept back
I won't get into the angles of the photos or the fact that the concept picture was taken from much closer to the car, but I still don't like the "double bubble" rear bumper on the production model. I like the smoother, sleeker look of the concept rear bumper. Hopefully an aftermarket vendor will make a "Concept rear bumper" for these cars. If they do, and I end up with one of these cars, that'll be the first thing getting done to it.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM

I thought you weren't supposed to be able to see the exhaust? It looks a little half *** and unfinished... I hope it's not the final product.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 AM

Oh man I don't think I'll be able to sleep till september. Think those are 275's on the rear? I like the subtle SS badging and the "CAMARO" script on the side. Very tasteful.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Disciple

...The V8 and V6 models are different. ...as someone else mentioned, ...take a close look at the front (and that angle doesn't even do it justice). I agree with the comments on the reverse lights, ...but I can live with it if they don't move...
Overall, ...it looks great in silver (and that isn't even one of my first choices )

Quick Reply: SILVER 2009/2010 Camaro prototype (6/21)