2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

some thoughts for August 10, 2006.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:01 PM

Re: some thoughts for August 10, 2006.....

Scott, we're happier for you today than we were in January. This day has been long coming, long before Aug 27, 2002. Congrats to you, and to all the folks that have had a hand in making this happen. 2 years will pass in a flash, and I can GUARANTEE there will be one in OUR garage (right after I get the Z06 paid for )

Well done!

Last edited by CLEAN; 08-11-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:05 AM

Scott,

Sounds like we are lucky to have Cheryl, The C6 is one of my favorite cars on the road today. Also Gene Stefanyshyn sounds like will do this right. I agree not to rush the car. I want another Camaro that will be quality today and sought after 40yrs down the road. With Tom Peters and Ed Welburn, I am lucky people who love the 69 as much as I do had their input in it.(just look at my quote) and Chris Hoolihan Its good to know Camaro people are involved in this thing.

Thanks for taking the time to get feed back and meet with me and everyone else. You put a face to GM and relay what the general enthusiast is looking for. I personally appreciate you driving the issue and message from our end. If you could relay something else, let everyone who worked on the car know that it is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Bobby
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 AM

And thank you Scott for everything you did. I hate that the Camaro is comming out so late but like you said it has to live up to its name. I can't wait till some details are said I'm half way saved up for the Camaro and I guess this will just give me time to save the other half.

Thanks
Scott
from a fan that thinks Camaro is more than a car but a piece of myself
Old 08-11-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I hope you’ll forgive me for not saying more about the future plans for Camaro in the past. But understand that I truly love what I do. I could not talk freely -- and rightfully so.
And the book is coming out when?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by detltu
I trusted you when you said "have faith". However. I hope you never have to use those words again. But thats just me.
But what happens when the Aveo hits the chopping block? Dozens of people will be devistated!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jrp4uc
And the book is coming out when?
Hmm... that's a good point. I'd love to see a book similar to "All Corvettes Are Red" for the Camaro. God knows this vehicle has been through as much or more than the C5 development had gone through. I sure hope somebody was there to capture it for us to read about.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 AM

Thanks Scott!
Old 08-11-2006, 11:30 AM

Thank you Scott for everything, everytime we have met at Superfest, it has been a pleasure to speak to you. I must admit, i got goosebumps today, when i heard the "Official" announcement had been made, with work and all, i haven't been online in awhile, but i am chomping at the bit for one of these babies. A few things though:

- I'm probably one of the few that actually is glad this baby is slated for '09, as i will need till 2010 to get my current finances in order, and have a substantial enough down payment saved to either purchase the largest available engine, or be ready to slap a magnacharger on the car.

- I'm hoping the offer some retro colors, mine will either be hugger orange or that emerald green metallic if it is offered.

- Wish the t-tops were available, but i might grab a vert, 6 speed tap shift auto or manual.

- Keep the 21's and 22's, us who live in michigan won't last a week with those puppies! 18/19 would be nice, with some form of a gunmetal/titanium with machined/polished lip would be nice.

Once again, my goosebumps are still not going away, and look forward to having one in my driveway, oh, and a very important fact.............................................. ..................I REFUSE to pay any form of cut-throat stealership markups, my grandfather busted his but for 30 years with GM, and i intend on using my GM discount entitled to me by his blood sweat and tears.

Thank you for the time.
Jason
Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 PM

Hey Scott, Now that the news is out...can you tell us when you officially knew it was approved? And what about unofficially? You, know the winkie club you have at GM Corporate? In my mind its kind of like:

Lutz gives the "go" sign to Wagoner as he passes him in the hall intentionally bumping into him and saying oh please El Camino, I mean excuse me, and Wagner responds with "why Cavelier, i mean, not at all". He in turn leaves an empty cup from the COBO Hall concession stand on your desk, you walk down to engineering and drop your breif case and say in a loud voice: "Oh how clumsy of me, I seem to have dropped my attache". At which point a pretty executive assistant comes over and says in a loud voice: "Oh let me help you with that sir". She then passes a thumb drive to you in a manila envelope and stands up and yells that shes not THAT kind of girl - and would never even ride in a Mustang!!(drawing everyone's attention) At which point everyone is watching her as she leaves and you glide to the head designers office....

I think you get the idea. Well, at least that's how I imagine it works!!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the awesome words and thanks for being Camaro's biggest cheerleader within! Thanks for standing up for what is right!

God Bless!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Hey Scott, why is there a reason to enjoy our Firebirds?

Thanks for the post/thread. It's great to have you online and be able to share your thoughts with ours. Thanks for everything you've put into this project and I can't wait to see it hit the streets!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by NOS2006
Hey Scott, why is there a reason to enjoy our Firebirds?
mother****er, if there is a Winkie club for Firebird I want in
Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 PM

all i have to say is, thanks to all the people who kept at it with the new camaro. cant wait to order my first new car when the "top dog" camaro is available.

thanks again scott, and i always kept the faith
Old 08-12-2006, 03:30 PM

Thank you 'Scott!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Your "keep the faith" conversations at the various shows kept me and others beleiving that our beloved Camaro would return. Everything that you have told me over the past few years has come to pass. I am very excited that the day will come when the 5th Generation Camaro is sitting in the driveways of Camaro enthusiast is not far off. After the release of the new Camaro the only thing I have to look forward to is the release of "the book".. See you in Bowling Green !
Old 08-12-2006, 07:45 PM

Thank you and congratulations Scott. Alot of us would have walked away from GM if you weren't around to offer us a glimmer of hope and be a voice of reason.

P.S. I have fond memories with every generation of Camaro and I'd be remiss if I didn't at least give an ol' friend a test drive.

Quick Reply: some thoughts for August 10, 2006.....