2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Something Camaro fans should follow

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:20 PM

Re: Something Camaro fans should follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ph.D

How so?

I like these Holden cars. I think they are clean and modern... almost to a fault though, in the same way you can put a pontiac or buick badge on them and have them look good you could probably put ANY badge on them and have them look good.
Yea, not a Holden, its an Acura, dumbass
Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by 19z28camaro02
Yea, not a Holden, its an Acura, dumbass
And the winner of the "I didn't read the d*mn thread but decided to comment on a person's posting of an NSX and make a stupid comment" of the day award is......19z28camaro02!!!!

Post #6
Originally Posted by White Light
very nice car. Looks like the NSX
Read next time!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 AM

Nice car !!!! What I see in this vehicle is the next GTO
Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
I don't think it was shelved, I think it just got pushed back so they could get the 900s... the money makers out.
That's what I think I meant!

Still, from some indication it wasn't clear how soon they'd start working on it again, and now to already have a production car on that platform is very, very promising news!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:30 AM

Isnt North Americas version Zeta II? Whats different between Zeta and Zeta II?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
And the winner of the "I didn't read the d*mn thread but decided to comment on a person's posting of an NSX and make a stupid comment" of the day award is......19z28camaro02!!!!

Post #6

Read next time!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Killer57
Isnt North Americas version Zeta II? Whats different between Zeta and Zeta II?
The Zeta II, GMNA RWD platform, is more closely related to Sigma than VE, Holden's RWD, is. VE and Zeta will use a lot of the same suspension components but the build process will be to GMNA's standards and processes rather than Holdens.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:30 PM

Yep. Sigma based Zeta.

Originally Posted by tls2000
But that is a hot car, and if it comes over as the Grand Prix, my G6 will be getting replaced.
It's not coming over as a Grand Prix, and I doubt you'll replace your G6 with it if it did come over.

Originally Posted by Jeepnreb
I know it has been discussed, but the first product is about to hit the road (publically finally). Zeta has been mere talk until now, and even though cars on the same architecture can differ by large amounts, this is one of the closests things to a production Camaro. Just something real to keep an eye on, instead of speculation.
Unless you've spent your time buried in an Afghanistan cave for the past 4 years, Zeta has been far from speculation. You really need to keep up with news.

Originally Posted by White Light
very nice car. Looks like the NSX
Since you've already won the dumbass comment for not reading a thread before posting award, I'll leave you alone.

Originally Posted by 95birdible
If this is the platform that the Camaro is being based upon and this vehicle is ready for production, don't you think it was worked on a minimum of 2 years or more? If so, could this really mean that production of the Camaro is really closer than we think? If the platform is already there all that really has to be done is tool up the plant and get the contracts in order. I am willing to be this thing has been in the works since the 4th Gen went on Hiatus and the
5th gen will be out no later than early 08 as an 08 model.
My 2 cents
1. Early 08 would be a 2009 model.
2. Factories don't just materialize out of thin air.

Production of a car also is dependent on factory space, money, the life cycle of other models, development time needed for OEMs, and a host of other stuff.

Originally Posted by 2lane69
It really makes you wonder, doesn't it? 1st the Zeta was shelved, then it's back, then the Camaro concept, now comes an actual Zeta car....so obviously the chassis development for the Zeta was alot farther along then people assumed. Considering all that, I'd be willing to bet that the Camaro makes an appearance by next fall of '07, as a late '07 or an '08. They'd be wise to make it the 40th anniversary and sell some as '07's.

Things can happen real quick when a company is pressed and can cut out the typical bureaucratic B.S. IMFO
1. Zeta wasn't shelved. Holden never stopped, it's just that GM-NA went with a more cost effective Zeta than simply making Holdens here (which would have actually been pretty expensive).

Also, Holden is doing all structures for GM's RWD program. They needed time to finish their VEs before they worked on what we are going to be using.

Originally Posted by JadedZ28
does anyone else see a little of the new malibu in this car or am i just a little crazy?
You're a little crazy.

Originally Posted by DIBZ28
Nice car !!!! What I see in this vehicle is the next GTO
No you don't. Going to have different sheetmetal and chassis.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
It's not coming over as a Grand Prix, and I doubt you'll replace your G6 with it if it did come over.
Well, that confirms that it's not the Grand Prix, how about G8?

I think it looks nice. I could easily see it replacing my G6 as a daily driver at some point. The G6 is a nice car and all, but I have a few problems with it that leave a somewhat sour taste in my mouth.

Of course, whenever the Camaro and the GTO come out, I'll have a different opinion of what I need to replace the G6.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by 2lane69
It really makes you wonder, doesn't it? 1st the Zeta was shelved, then it's back, then the Camaro concept, now comes an actual Zeta car....so obviously the chassis development for the Zeta was alot farther along then people assumed. Considering all that, I'd be willing to bet that the Camaro makes an appearance by next fall of '07, as a late '07 or an '08. They'd be wise to make it the 40th anniversary and sell some as '07's.

Things can happen real quick when a company is pressed and can cut out the typical bureaucratic B.S. IMFO

Zeta was ONLY shelved in "North America"... it was never shelved in Australia. They've been working on it the whole time.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Unless you've spent your time buried in an Afghanistan cave for the past 4 years, Zeta has been far from speculation. You really need to keep up with news.
You really missed the point on this one, clear your anger filled mind and read again. I will be more than happy to assist if needed.

Last edited by Jeepnreb; 07-27-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena
Zeta was ONLY shelved in "North America"... it was never shelved in Australia. They've been working on it the whole time.
Is there an echo in here? See Post #23...this was covered a week ago.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:33 PM

You really missed the point on this one, clear your anger filled mind and read again. I will be more than happy to assist if needed.
Don't think I missed anything.

Let's see:
You said: "Just something real to keep an eye on, instead of speculation."

Hmm. I guess the only other way to interpret it is that if I stare at the real VE Commodore long enough it will somehow morph into the next gen Camaro like a catapillar into a butterfly. However, I'd need to eat, sleep, and go to thebathroom somewhere during those 2 or so years, so I might miss a magic moment.

Otherwise:
1. Unless you were in a cave in Afghanistan the past few years, Zeta wouldn't be speculation.
2. Anything that's speculation about the Camaro is still speculation about Camaro.
3. Watching a car that goes into production has nothing to do with the work going on a car that's away from where you can "keep an eye on" it.

Last edited by guionM; 07-27-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:53 PM

241 hp V6
262 hp V6
362 hp V8

Those numbers look awful close to some recent speculation of the 5th gen engines. Are we currently looking at the hp ratings of a 5th gen Camaro, Camaro RS, and Camaro Z28?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 PM

One thing that you seem to have missed out on is that the speculation that goes on here tends to be more accurate than the speculation that goes on in the media.

This car has nothing to do with Camaro. You are doing nothing more than speculating yourself, and whats worse, you're trying to pass it off as something legitimate.

Hopefully you will learn that there are some people on this site who are in the know, and who's speculation is usually a little more than a guess.

GuionM and Fbodfather are two people who's word tends to be fact, not fiction. In fact, anything that you hear from Fbodfather is more than mere speculation, it is FACT.

Quick Reply: Something Camaro fans should follow